Rolling a Warrior: Have questions!

Tendrin

I am thinking of rolling a warrior sometime after the Legacy patch goes live and have been for some time. I'm still as of yet undecided on which advanced class I want to pursue and I have a number of questions I could use answered, specific to me, that might help me make an informed decision.

I've been playing MMOs a long time. I did a long tour of duty as a tank in WoW with a warrior. What I've read has given me the impression that the Juggernaut class plays quite a bit like that. While I like the idea of being able to tank, I am concerned that the Juggernaut class might wind up feeling a little too similar to one of my prior vocations in a way that might actually hinder my enjoyment of it. That, and I am not sure I really want to tank again. On the other hand, the Marauder *only* has DPS options, and I've a feeling there's going to be a glut coming 1.2.

In short, I'm wondering is: Is the Marauder a more *mechanically* interesting class to play of the two?

In my opinion, it ultimately comes down to do you want to play a Tank or a DPS. While Juggs are decent at DPS, they were made to be tanks. Marauders offer a choice of how you want to play your DPS. Either you do burst damage (carnage) or you do bleeds and burns (annihilation). I personally rolled a Marauder and I love it, but I've always been a DPS kind of guy. A lot of my friends who rolled Juggs have said they have a hard time finding decent DPS builds for it, so they just leave it as a tank.

Interesting. Thanks. It sounds more like the marauder is for me. I like having the option to tank so I'm not stuck waiting for healers and tanks forever, but I'll be honest and say I'd take a stronger set of DPS options over that, I think.

It all goes down to what you want to do ... Marauder in pvp is one of the classes that is actually geting a buff . ( we needed it ) tank well I don't tank . the tank version will keep you alive in pvp but you don't do the dps that the marauder does .....

To tank or to cry havoc and let lose the hounds of hell ... oops .... ok I luv my marauder

I am thinking of rolling a warrior sometime after the Legacy patch goes live and have been for some time. I'm still as of yet undecided on which advanced class I want to pursue and I have a number of questions I could use answered, specific to me, that might help me make an informed decision.

I've been playing MMOs a long time. I did a long tour of duty as a tank in WoW with a warrior. What I've read has given me the impression that the Juggernaut class plays quite a bit like that. While I like the idea of being able to tank, I am concerned that the Juggernaut class might wind up feeling a little too similar to one of my prior vocations in a way that might actually hinder my enjoyment of it. That, and I am not sure I really want to tank again. On the other hand, the Marauder *only* has DPS options, and I've a feeling there's going to be a glut coming 1.2.

In short, I'm wondering is: Is the Marauder a more *mechanically* interesting class to play of the two?

mechanically more interesting? with out a doubt. but if you want the tank option, go jug.

mechanically more interesting? with out a doubt. but if you want the tank option, go jug.

This is the kind of info I need. I don't think having a tank option will keep me playing if I get bored of the mechanics behind the class.

This is the kind of info I need. I don't think having a tank option will keep me playing if I get bored of the mechanics behind the class.

Let me tell you, i have ZERO rotation as a marauder. I mean, sure, i have a general order of abilities i like to use (such as gore-> force scream to crit the 2.5), but everyone of your moves is reliant on what the enemy does. Against a scoundrel/operative, I force charge in and put a dot/root on them. then its just a matter of exploiting their squishyness.

Thats just one example, but marauders have the utility to beat any class one on one. The only utility they dont really have is a displacement.

But this assuming you have the skill. You also have to stay on top of all your buffs-predation, cloak of pain, saberward, berserk, frenzy, and two others that im forgetting. These will literally make or break a match.