What is the latest preorder date in early access now?

CalCa

• Replies 495
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This wont help do anything but fuel some rage but I bought the preorder on Origin on the 9th December and had my access key with a start date for the 12th.

But I can't play due to the launcher install bug.

Definitely something fishy went on with the supposed first come first served policy there.

In another week it just won't matter. Play some Battlefield 3, Modern Warfare 3, or some other game with or without a "3" in it, and your early access email will be here before you know it. It just isn't worth being frustrated over something you have no control over.

-HM

I'll go play some Mass Effect 3......oh wait, darn you BioWare!

ok so if its going in order the way i see will be something like this

13th july

14th july-august

15th august-september

16th september-october

17th october-november

18th november-december

19th december

lol

Sounds about right but all this would have gone alot smoother if they just released a statement saying so

At no point ever has this website said "If you get the CE we'll let you in first." If you upgraded to the CE for that purpose, I would respectfully advise you to read a little closer next time. It quite clearly said "the order in which you redeem your code."

Keep in mind too guys, they only did, what? 5, or 6 waves today? They've already stated they plan on doing twice as many waves with more people per wave than they did today.

Putting that in perspective to today's waves and amount per wave, that means by Thursday(5 days EGA as originally intended), we should be up to November-ish dates getting the emails. (According to what they intend.) Numerically, it would be like, Wave 18 by the end of tomorrow based on the numbers per wave we saw today.

I'm not worried. I doubt I'll get in tomorrow, and rather than be a derp and call off all week, I didn't request any time off so I'm working every day from Thursday-Sunday. I'll be happy just to get my guy his spaceship before live on the 20th :D

Edited by Demujen

pffft I got my preorder code in on day 1 and didnt get an inv today good luck...

You do know how messed up their eMail notification system is right? Between hubby and I we get about 30% of the eMails that they send to us. I'm not trusting that and just going to check my launcher when I get off work tomorrow.

Oh yeah 8/2/11 here.. so hopefully tomorrow.

Edited by Aoladari

Instead of the guessing game, I just wish they had simply emailed the time table to everyone in advance. There'd be no waiting game, you could plan around instead of wondering when you'll be able to play.

Much simpler and people would get over it faster, plan to get together with friends once they know when everyone will be in, etc.

I saw a chart earlier today with monthly pre-order numbers. They went something like this:

July: 120,000

August: 244,000

September: 63,000

October: 229,000

November: 246,000

So, roughly 50% of the pre-orders were July-September and the other half October-December. Those numbers should allow an ambitious math geek to get a better chart for suspected start date.

Note: I didn't verify the chart as accurate so take it with a grain of salt.

ok so if its going in order the way i see will be something like this

13th july

14th july-august

15th august-september

16th september-october

17th october-november

18th november-december

19th december

lol

I lol'd because there is no logic to this early access fiasco and it's entirely speculation from the community holding on to some glimmer of hope. If it was true that it's chronological explain this...

User Account

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1214at124.png/

Amazon Order

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...1214at124.png/

Here you go, both my user account and my amazon order screenshot taken an hour ago. I blurred my surname and order #'s for security reasons on the Amazon screenshot.

Also I have a friend who lives in Hong Kong and he IM'd me he has been playing for the past 12 hours and his order date was 09.04.2011.

Go buy a lottery ticket, you have more chances of winning :rolleyes:

Instead of the guessing game, I just wish they had simply emailed the time table to everyone in advance. There'd be no waiting game, you could plan around instead of wondering when you'll be able to play.

Much simpler and people would get over it faster, plan to get together with friends once they know when everyone will be in, etc.

They didn't want to do that because if something happened and they had to say, throttle back the invites, then people would freak out and rage like crazy and demand that they be allowed in. The fact that people are raging anyway is rediculous and unwarranted, but if they gave an actual timetable, the nerd-rage would be even worse than it is.

7\27\11 and I managed to get in on last wave.

If your not in and have a date before this just try logging in. Mail may have been lost in transit or just not sent.

Thanks for the info, that's good to know. I pre-ordered and registered on August 3rd, so hopefully I'll get in tommorow.

Be Patient young padawans! They only opened the flood gates recently, they still have to send the emails at a certain speed so the servers don't take a galactic blue screen of death error on them. Be patient...

May the Force be with you!

You apparently don't know what the term flood gates mean do you?

Edited by Dizkazk