General Heal Nerf in 1.2 just to cover lack of Content Creativity + Challenge

Elkantar

Not to mention pvp... have u ever tried to dps a good healer down ? Not talking about the casual nab here... have you EVER tried dpsing down a GOOD healer ?

Yes i have and do not want to talk about it.:(... anywho, i must tip my hat to you, you are the first healer to openly admit healing was OP.

I welcome this "challenge" healers will have to face. i have about 5 Sorc-healers on my list for WZ's tomorrow:jawa_evil:

P.S. When does GW2 and D3 come out? the reason i am asking is so that after they come out and people are still complaining, i can ask "why have you not left yet?":D

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Alas my Sage, alas my Sorc. I loved you well.

Don't dispair. In the finest WOW tradition some time down the road after players have suffered, group content play has dropped, classes have been abandoned, the screaming has reached a horid height, and many have unsubbed, the nerfs will be fixed (kind of anyway).

Never forget, the devs know what you want and they have the metrics and you don't.

Maybe some of you were in better guilds, but mine was very strong anyway. We managed to be 15 in the world to clear EV and KP Nightmare 16, got the Infernal title and all that, and I can tell you - I cannot imagine being able to heal on my Commando after that nerf. I can't...

After my guild gone silent and we could barely scrape up people for an 8 man I was the main healer, and we had some fresh recruits. We struggled with Hard Modes and I was often out of ammo.

This nerf will destroy me. Say what you want, but I cannot continue healing after this. I cannot continue playing either, because being a healer is the only thing I do in MMOs.

So thank you Gabe and other incompetent people out there... You can't even balance a class properly, you just destroy it.

You do realize that all you just said was:

-We HAD a good guild and cleared everything.

-We recruited some new ppl after the good players left and they didnt perform as well so I actually went oom sometimes.

-If we need to have good gear and know our stuff to complete hc raids/fp`s my class is destroyed.

So it's not Bioware's fault that the content was too easy, it's Bioware's fault that the characters were too strong?
What is so important about determining whose fault something is? Stats change. Class abilities change. Skill tress change. That's how MMOs evolve - all of 'em. It's what they do by necessity. Edited by GalacticKegger

Unless BW does something to bring players back to the game, introduces cross-server LFG, or merges servers it won't endgame content and war zones won't matter. You won't be able to find a group for any content .

I had to switch from Kathol Rift to another server (only back up to L38 so far) simply because even during peak times there's never more than 40 peeps on fleet; usually considerably less.

I have a L50 Jedi Sage healer there, a L40 Commando and various L30+ alts. Our guild is dead. I haven't seen another guildie on in over a month. The GM transferred the guild over to me before he cancelled his account . .

So far it seems that between the Guild Summit and the 1.2 patch, BW is catering mostly to guilds. If ToR keeps on hemorrhaging players like it is, even the end game guilds will begin feelign the pinch when they can't replace their players who move on to other games.

Why place so much emphasis on end game when the grass roots from which it grows is dying beneath its feet?

You do realize that all you just said was:

-If we need to have good gear and know our stuff to complete hc raids/fp`s my class is destroyed.

What? Stop twisting what I said for your own purpose.

Nightmare was not easy. We cleared it because we worked for it 5 times a week for many weeks and had great gear and good players. I had enough ammo to SOMETIMES fix somebody's mistake, but after the nerf such a thing would be impossible. I won't be able to test it, because my guild is dead and so is my server, but I know I was already very often out of ammo or just about at 50% while having people at low health in some situations.

Not to mention pvp... have u ever tried to dps a good healer down ? Not talking about the casual nab here... have you EVER tried dpsing down a GOOD healer ?

And how much damage was the healer putting out while focusing on staying alive? You complain about how long it takes for you to take down a healer, but were you ever at any risk of dying yourself while you were trying to kill that healer? I doubt it.

What is so important about determining whose fault something is? Stats change. Class abilities change. Skill tress change. That's how MMOs evolve - all of 'em. It's what they do by necessity.

It's Bioware's fault regardless-just wondering what flavor of fail I should attribute it to.

They nerf and buff to get players to choose other classes and stretch out their playing time-not a necessity if content was better tuned. Was legacy not enough of an incentive for players to roll alts?

Why should I be forced to 'adapt' when Bioware can't? How many of the raid bosses are tank and spank with enrage timers again?

And how much damage was the healer putting out while focusing on staying alive? You complain about how long it takes for you to take down a healer, but were you ever at any risk of dying yourself while you were trying to kill that healer? I doubt it.

Hi there.. IM the healer lol.

Too bad you dont got a sorc/sage now before the nerf :|

You seriously need to try it to understand.

Maybe some of you were in better guilds, but mine was very strong anyway. We managed to be 15 in the world to clear EV and KP Nightmare 16, got the Infernal title and all that, and I can tell you - I cannot imagine being able to heal on my Commando after that nerf. I can't...

After my guild gone silent and we could barely scrape up people for an 8 man I was the main healer, and we had some fresh recruits. We struggled with Hard Modes and I was often out of ammo.

This nerf will destroy me. Say what you want, but I cannot continue healing after this. I cannot continue playing either, because being a healer is the only thing I do in MMOs.

So thank you Gabe and other incompetent people out there... You can't even balance a class properly, you just destroy it.

So in one sentence you profess your bad*** awesomesauceness, then in the next your rage quitting cos your incapabable of working out new strategy etc with your guildies... i call that a wqeaksauce guild and weaksauce healer.....

Sounds like your experience in MMO's is somewhat limnited if you ever think that classes and builds are always constant and never change... I dont think I have seen any MMO over the last 7 yrs or so not see a multitude of changes to readdress balance or updates based on additional skills/feats etc etc... maybe need to grow some then come back when the world finally seems to look less grey for ya...... :eek:

A good player could bring a good healer down.

One of my guildmates was a very, very good PVPer (annoying person, very bad attitude, but good player) and he'd own a full Battlemaster healer any time of the day.

Just cos a bad player can't kill something doesn't mean it deserves a nerf. Maybe if we could test these things properly?!

Look at it any way you want. This happens all the time in every MMO that's been launched -- classes get nerfed. Live with it or leave.

Regarding the topic though -- my wife plays a healer and she's a damn good one in PvE and PvP. Healing is ridiculously, and I can't emphasize it enough, RIDICULOUSLY overpowered in this game. Get a decent healer in your group and any content is a simple walk-through.

You can take one of two approaches with that, typically anyway: Buff the content or nerf the classes (or specs). Some MMOs do one, some do the other. It's the way of life in these games.

Don't worry-I went the other way. No AC, no training, no sprint, no missions-I'm walking my through warzones to 50. I figure Bioware can't nerf my Warrior's 2 starting attacks. I can't wait to meet new players with the cross-server wz tool!

So don't team with her if you want a challenge?

So Bioware wants casual players, but not too casual? Is that why the raids are so bugged, so hardcores have something to do?

They might as well have just removed deliverance for all the use it will be now, but they kept Sanctuary as is so aside from those times in PvP where you are trying to keep up someone getting wailed on by 3 dps with back to back 1.5s cast deliverances I doubt much will be affected.

Yea the free noble sacrifice nerf hurts a lil too, but I think that will be pretty minor once ppl respec to mitigate its health cost and stand in their Sanctuary circles during PvE content. Self-targeted insta heal followed by a reduced force cost sanctuary will still give you force and you'll be at 100% health once the heals wear off.

i disagree with you on this because this 1.2 patch is not destroying anything it will keep people from totally over powering another person to get a cheep win in pvp.

i believe you are only hating this because you love to over power people or just spam a heal and such.

In my opinion i dont see what is wrong with the stuff you all call nerfs. I see it as a good thing because i hate going into a battle and being over powered by the same damn player over and over again. I believe a commando and a jedi knight should be able to have a great battle in pvp in stead on the jedi knight killing the commando in seconds. I also feel that a healer should not be able to spam their heals either and bioware sees this and agrees.

I think you all need to quit complaining and hating this 1.2 and either cope with it or just quit the game that is your choice. Stop ruining it for us who like it

What? Stop twisting what I said for your own purpose.

Nightmare was not easy. We cleared it because we worked for it 5 times a week for many weeks and had great gear and good players. I had enough ammo to SOMETIMES fix somebody's mistake, but after the nerf such a thing would be impossible. I won't be able to test it, because my guild is dead and so is my server, but I know I was already very often out of ammo or just about at 50% while having people at low health in some situations.

Aight sry for that m8. I know I was just picking your post apart and for that Im sry. But please do understand theres so many of these posts and as having played.. yes played cause I dont play my sorc anymore.. BUT I WILL DO TOMORROW AGAIN :D.. Im frustrated with all the whine concerning healing.

I rly rly am. As a healer myself I dont get it. Who in their right mind would say healing was balanced. Seriously ? :/

It's Bioware's fault regardless-just wondering what flavor of fail I should attribute it to.

They nerf and buff to get players to choose other classes and stretch out their playing time-not a necessity if content was better tuned. Was legacy not enough of an incentive for players to roll alts?

Why should I be forced to 'adapt' when Bioware can't? How many of the raid bosses are tank and spank with enrage timers again?

But why the need to attribute fail? Their primary concern is game balance based on the bigger picture because it has to be. If Bioware adapted the game to each individual player's wants & desires then it would be impossible to play. Not to mention how impossible the task of managing almost 2 million individual patches would be. Magic wands do not exist. Edited by GalacticKegger

Aight sry for that m8. I know I was just picking your post apart and for that Im sry. But please do understand theres so many of these posts and as having played.. yes played cause I dont play my sorc anymore.. BUT I WILL DO TOMORROW AGAIN :D.. Im frustrated with all the whine concerning healing.

I rly rly am. As a healer myself I dont get it. Who in their right mind would say healing was balanced. Seriously ? :/

I was expecting more flames, but you surprised me. Thank you :)

i disagree with you on this because this 1.2 patch is not destroying anything it will keep people from totally over powering another person to get a cheep win in pvp.

i believe you are only hating this because you love to over power people or just spam a heal and such.

In my opinion i dont see what is wrong with the stuff you all call nerfs. I see it as a good thing because i hate going into a battle and being over powered by the same damn player over and over again. I believe a commando and a jedi knight should be able to have a great battle in pvp in stead on the jedi knight killing the commando in seconds. I also feel that a healer should not be able to spam their heals either and bioware sees this and agrees.

I think you all need to quit complaining and hating this 1.2 and either cope with it or just

quit the game that is your choice. Stop ruining it for us who like it

You know, we needed some nerf PVP wise, we needed some tweaking, but that's just it, we got hit by the biggest nerf bat I've seen in any game I've played so far.

This isn't "adjusting" this is borderline nerfing. I'd understand 1 or 2 changes, but this? This is neither fun nor justified. It's just pathetic and sad.

I don't want my class to be nerfed this badly because of PVP. It looks to me like devs were playing online and couldn't kill a healer and then thought "well! I'll get you! nerf incoming, boy!"

I hate it when a class gets ruined PVE wise because of PVP adjustments, and I hate it when it goes from " a bit overpowered" to "very underpowered".

Well, how about they nerf only one or two things for now? Is that so difficult? God damn it... it makes me angry when I see them making one bad decision after another.

So it's not Bioware's fault that the content was too easy, it's Bioware's fault that the characters were too strong?

Yep.

They are now fixing it. I'm a sorc healer as well. So I'll be biting the bullet, and training to get better.

Blah, that is too bad. I'm a healer but haven't really ventured much into hardmodes yet. Being yelled at, even though I try my best, will probably make me retire my healer and play something else. Already changed my sub from 3 month to just month by month. I do hate it when classes are "balanced" to make it more challenging. Anyway, suppose I will adapt. When it become painful to play, other games are out there waiting for my dollars to be spent.

I will wait and see.

You seem to equate adapting with quitting.

I am a healer (Sorcerer - 31/2/3) but not yet 50, so I am not sure if what I say fits or is relevant at all.

I find most content easy. I am on a dead population server and I group with 1 other person and basically we level through the game. The other person is a Marauder, I am a Sorcerer and we take on Heroics & Flashpoints with our companions without much trouble... though some are not possible without 4 people.

I am able to keep 1 player and 2 companions alive without much trouble. My trouble is that I run my player UI in Operations mode, so I do not see companions other than my own, so I have to focus target the Marauder companion (Jaesa) which can be a pain because the focus has to be reset constantly (target: Alt-F) and even then, sometimes the focus target is not correctly displaying health.

It has been mentioned several times in these posts that the real issue isn’t the nerf, its the bugs. I think this was a poor time for BioWare to "balance" the game when the game is still not out of its "BETA" phase. There are just way too many issues; Fun to play at times, but insanely frustrating at other times.

You can take this as a “bad” player ranting, but I think it’s more along the line of a concerned player mouthing off about the unbalanced and unfinished game itself. I still am unsure how it can be listed as a top game… I guess it is marketing genius.

But why the need to attribute fail? Their primary concern is game balance based on the bigger picture. Besides, if Bioware adapted to each individual player's wants & desires then the game would be impossible to play. Not to mention how impossible the task of managing almost 2 million individual patches would be. Magic wands do not exist.

The bigger picture of slowing down content consumption through less available healing (even through something as minor as medpacs)?

Does it really break the game for a solo player to able to use a medpac TWICE in a fight?

Does it break the game to have resuable stims and adrenals for future tiers of content?

Why is it ok to have ever-inflating damage but not damage mitigation in gear progression?

Why not code the raid modes to offer different strategies rather than 'the same but more'?

Why not tell players that warzones are not meant to be a series of duels and that teamwork may be required to take down healers?

The bigger picture of slowing down content consumption through less available healing (even through something as minor as medpacs)?

Does it really break the game for a solo player to able to use a medpac TWICE in a fight?

Does it break the game to have resuable stims and adrenals for future tiers of content?

Why is it ok to have ever-inflating damage but not damage mitigation in gear progression?

Why not code the raid modes to offer different strategies rather than 'the same but more'?

Why not tell players that warzones are not meant to be a series of duels and that teamwork may be required to take down healers?

***.. who would need 2 medpacks in any fight besides ops ? Geez..

And *** at you saying you need teamwork to take down a healer. U serious ? So they should be like raid bosses now ? uhm Im at a loss