A Choice to Make Regarding Rated Warzones, looking for advice

Hello, everyone.

I have spent a fair amount of time as both Rage and Immortal, and am currently getting the feel for Vengeance. I don't really have a favorite, per se, as I enjoy each playstyle, so that really isn't part of my question.

So:

If you were going to solo-queue into Rated Warzones, what spec would you use, and more importantly, why?

Right now, I am leaning towards Rage, simply because I can consistently place higher on the boards, which indicates to me that I could reach a higher personal rating. Maybe this won't be true at all in Rated's, but that is the way the wind is blowing (for me) currently.

As Immortal, I could place in the top 5 consistently, top 3 as Rage. I place this high, even against premades, though admittedly, these premades are 4 players max. Running against 8-player premades could easily change this, and I am aware of that.

I also understand that this question is selfish in nature, but I am ok with that as long as my chosen spec allows me to contribute the most that I can to the team I am placed with in any given Warzone.

I don't play to farm medals, I play to win, and I don't quit. I'm not sure if that affects anyone's answer or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate any help and advice.

Edit: I am also aware that the first thing I should do is join a team, or create my own, instead of solo-queueing into Rated Warzones. :cool:

Riôt

Edited by lordofdamornin

Hello, everyone.

I have spent a fair amount of time as both Rage and Immortal, and am currently getting the feel for Vengeance. I don't really have a favorite, per se, as I enjoy each playstyle, so that really isn't part of my question.

So:

If you were going to solo-queue into Rated Warzones, what spec would you use, and more importantly, why?

Right now, I am leaning towards Rage, simply because I can consistently place higher on the boards, which indicates to me that I could reach a higher personal rating. Maybe this won't be true at all in Rated's, but that is the way the wind is blowing (for me) currently.

As Immortal, I could place in the top 5 consistently, top 3 as Rage. I place this high, even against premades, though admittedly, these premades are 4 players max. Running against 8-player premades could easily change this, and I am aware of that.

I also understand that this question is selfish in nature, but I am ok with that as long as my chosen spec allows me to contribute the most that I can to the team I am placed with in any given Warzone.

I don't play to farm medals, I play to win, and I don't quit. I'm not sure if that affects anyone's answer or not, but I thought I would throw it out there.

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate any help and advice.

Edit: I am also aware that the first thing I should do is join a team, or create my own, instead of solo-queueing into Rated Warzones. :cool:

Riôt

If you are solo-queueing, then rage is your best bet. Otherwise, in rated WZs your spec will depend upon the role you wish to play.

Control? Immortal DPS

Single-target damage? Vengeance (with the patch, we can hit 103% Accuracy without losing a lot of overall stats which is nice for tank killing)

AoE Burst Pressure? Rage

Tank? Soresu Rage, Immortal Tank or Vengeance Hybrid

Thanks, Dracosz.

Am I correct in thinking that if you were in my position, you would spec Rage? I believe that's the first thing you said, but then you said some other things, so I'm just looking for clarity.

Riôt

Well now that rateds are being postponed...

I'm on the verge of unsubbing. lol

But in all seriousness, go rage if you're planning on solo-queueing