Would you drop biochem in 1.2?

ButterStrawKid

im biochem 400 for its rakatim stim/adrenals (rakata medpac is useless). I'm tempted to drop biochem for armortech due being able to reverse engineer eng game ger and be able to crit craft the item after. So is it worth it drop drop a 136cunning +55 power stim and a 565 power adrenal for the could be crit crafted armor of armortech in 1.2?

i haven't heard that stims will be nerfed at all, but note however:

- the current reuseables will still be here after 1.2, however there will no new reuseable schematics. in time, BW will make it that newer craftable stims will be better than what we have now so the players will eventually abandon them

- the new change for stims in 1.2 is that you can only use 1 per active fight... they heal the same, however, you have to get out of combat first and then you can use the stim again in a new fight...

to answer OP, if you want to try and make some new money, you could drop biochem... however, if you like min maxing your stats to have an edge in combat, you can keep it...

i personally am going to keep biochem...

Edited by wessik

i haven't heard that stims will be nerfed at all, but note however:

- the current reuseables will still be here after 1.2, however there will no new reuseable schematics. in time, BW will make it that newer craftable stims will be better than what we have now so the players will eventually abandon them

- the new change for stims in 1.2 is that you can only use 1 per active fight... they heal the same, however, you have to get out of combat first and then you can use the stim again in a new fight...

to answer OP, if you want to try and make some new money, you could drop biochem... however, if you like min maxing your stats to have an edge in combat, you can keep it...

i personally am going to keep biochem...

There is nothing from BioChem that gives you a min/max edge.

Yes, I have dropped Biochem and picked up Armormech. Exotech Skills Stims are better than rakata and are able to be traded, warzone adrenals beat power adrenals, and warzone medpacks are better than it's rakata counterpart as well. Biochem only have viability if you want to save money. Edited by Cyclopean

another point i'd like to make is that warzone stims has increased from 10 to 20 comms to buy for each one...

and currently warzones are only rewarding 20-30 comms (for a loss) and 70-90 comms (for a win) so it may not be worth it to buy them anymore... thus making it even more worth it to have re useable stims...

(i'm not arguing against exotech, if people like em, to each their own)

i don't pve at all... are they re useable?

That's not min/maxing.

Min/Maxing is doing whatever it takes to put out the most DPS regardless of cost.

Biochem is currently about saving some credits by using consumables but at the same time you are nerfing yourself because the consumables are not even the best in the game stats-wise.

r they reusable?

As wessik points out reusable "care free" bio stims/adrenals.

They are not re-useable but they have a 2-hour duration that persist through death and have better stats than Rakata re-useables.