10pm downtime? Really?

Staavis_SC

• Replies 431
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They couldn't do it yesterday 'cause too many kids would QQ 'bout it. To be honest, I'm happier that they're doing it tomorrow rather than waiting for next Tuesday. Why does it matter anyway? So what, you're losing 8 hours gameplay. Read a book, go to sleep, cry about how BW is against you, doesn't bother me.

Why the sudden change to 10pm as a downtime? You've already alienated the West Coast, New Zealand and Australia in the past, by shutting down at Midnight, now, you gotta screw over the West even more, and go at 10pm?

The downtime is 8 hours, same as every other downtime. Why the early shutdown? Why move it more into primetime?

Oh, and @StephenReid....3 days notice? Looks like about a 1 day notice to me, but then again, they didn't teach them new fangled math-e-ma-matics at my grade school, high school or college.

:rolleyes:

At 10pm, all good little children should be in bed. ;)

I just love 1st world problems. :D

Having spent some time in a 3rd world country myself, I LOVE watching people have sobbing fits because they can't play their precious game 24/7 and have to actually do something else for 7 - 9 hours... and in the US, it's the DEAD OF NIGHT to early in the morning! :D

Don't get me wrong. I love this game. I just don't feel the need to QQ about downtime. :)

The OPs' remarks brings up a particular saying to mind,

"Sometimes, when you give someone a bag of gold, they complain about how heavy it is"

OP dont be so ungreatful. You got a few hours to do something else in your life, do it.

Edited by chimex

Having spent some time in a 3rd world country myself, I LOVE watching people have sobbing fits because they can't play their precious game 24/7 and have to actually do something else for 7 - 9 hours... and in the US, it's the DEAD OF NIGHT to early in the morning! :D

Don't get me wrong. I love this game. I just don't feel the need to QQ about downtime. :)

In my ten years of military service I have spent some time here and there in parts of the third world. I can only shake my head at the OP. It is sad that this is an actual complaint. He does have his right to complain but couldn't he use it to complain about something a little more...important for a lack of a better word?

In my ten years of military service I have spent some time here and there in parts of the third world. I can only shake my head at the OP. It is sad that this is an actual complaint. He does have his right to complain but couldn't he use it to complain about something a little more...important for a lack of a better word?

Amen, brother.

If the game spit out 20 dollar bills people would complain that they weren't sequentially numbered. If they were sequentially numbered people would complain that they weren't random enough.

No matter what you do, someone will complain.

It's about more than that.

If this was a F2P MMO, no big deal. I'm not paying for the service, so they can bring down the servers anytime as far as I care.

BW, this guy wants his 2 hours worth paid back... you owe him 4 cents right meow!

$15/744 hours (in a month)

If the game spit out 20 dollar bills people would complain that they weren't sequentially numbered. If they were sequentially numbered people would complain that they weren't random enough.

No matter what you do, someone will complain.

You're lack of originality is astonishing. At least give some credit to the author of that quote.

On topic: OP is entitled to complain, as they are an active subscriber. It amazes me just how many responses in this thread are just complainers, complaining about one particular complainer.

You all need to get a life and stop trolling these boards.

Edited by Ignicity

You're lack of originality is astonishing. At least give some credit to the author of that quote.

On topic: OP is entitled to complain, as they are an active subscriber. It amazes me just how many responses in this thread are just complainers, complaining about one particular complainer.

And as active subscribers, those who think his OP a bit petty and selfish get to comment as well. Sauce for the goose, so to speak.

I don't get it, really - i am just happy to get game update 1.2 this week. We do not have to pay any extra money for the additional content they give us.

How can everyone dare to complain about the downtime. Even if it would be 8 hours up from 6pm i would not be angry at all -.-

I am not complaining. Just observing.

Those complaining about complaining are disagreeing with the OP

Those Complaining about people complaining about complaining is perhaps a trifle more of a concern than complaining about those complaining

Edited by corbanite

Why the sudden change to 10pm as a downtime? You've already alienated the West Coast, New Zealand and Australia in the past, by shutting down at Midnight, now, you gotta screw over the West even more, and go at 10pm?

The downtime is 8 hours, same as every other downtime. Why the early shutdown? Why move it more into primetime?

Oh, and @StephenReid....3 days notice? Looks like about a 1 day notice to me, but then again, they didn't teach them new fangled math-e-ma-matics at my grade school, high school or college.

:rolleyes:

I'm on the west coast. Quit your whining. I for one am excited that the maintenance is coming sooner rather than later because I've been waiting for 1.2 for far too long.

Clearly no matter what time the devs pick it will screw over somebody, and if this time it has to be me, so be it.

Edited by Vid-szhite

I don't get it, really - i am just happy to get game update 1.2 this week. We do not have to pay any extra money for the additional content they give us.

How can everyone dare to complain about the downtime. Even if it would be 8 hours up from 6pm i would not be angry at all -.-

Glad to see so many people like yourself that are more than happy to pay to beta test 1.2.

2 things bother me about the deployment of 1.2

1. Scheduled downtime was set by BW for tuesdays. Now they're changing it again, why wasn't this done today or next tuesday instead?

2. Now we're patching the day before the weekend. Why can I forsee 2-3 patches coming out on the weekend now? At least if it was a tuesday deployment then they'd have 2-3 days to fix any issues instead of letting us either ride it out over the weekend with a broken game or taking the game offline for a large percentage of the weekend.

regular maintenance will always be tuesday night...

game update 1.1 was on a thursday and so will 1.2...

see a pattern yet?

Glad to see so many people like yourself that are more than happy to pay to beta test 1.2.

looking at your signature, you were happy to pay $160 for the CE weren't you?

for myself...

1. i'm still having fun in the game,

2. i am looking forward to the changes, and

3. $12 a month is chump change for me (i bought the 6 month sub)

i'm sorry $15 is a big deal to you...

looking at your signature, you were happy to pay $160 for the CE weren't you?

for myself...

1. i'm still having fun in the game,

2. i am looking forward to the changes, and

3. $12 a month is chump change for me (i bought the 6 month sub)

i'm sorry $15 is a big deal to you...

You presume too much.

I am also still having fun with the game, otherwise I wouldn't be playing it.

I subbed for the long haul as well, and no, $20 a month isn't a huge deal to me.

I too am looking forward to some of the changes coming with 1.2

But I don't think anyone should have to pay to beta test.

And if you think for one second 1.2 is in a good place atm, good enough to go live; then at least we will have something to disagree on

Edited by Ignicity