Someone explain Attack of the Clones to me

G-Girl

Inspired by playing SWTOR I decided to watch the movies all the way through in chronological order. I've just finished AotC and I find I have as much plot confusion as I did the first time I watched it, so I was wondering if someone could explain it to me, as i'm obviously a bit dense.

So The clone army was commissioned by someone who was actually dead at the time, and all reference to the system was removed from the records, so the only way anyone found out about it was because the guy they used as a template was moonlighting as an assassin.

So who actually commissioned the clone army? Was it Palpatine, so that he could start a war where he was in charge of both sides? Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just pick a side and use both armies to get a quick win? And if not him, then who?

And how do you hide all records regarding a world that manufactures armies? Seems like the kind of place you want to keep tabs on.

Jedi master Sifo Dyas commissioned the clone army 10 years earlier(so would think around TPM timeline) at the request of the senate, Dooku who still is a jedi at the time meets with Sidious and joins him he then clears the database of Kamino from the jedi archives then kills Sifo. Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Inspired by playing SWTOR I decided to watch the movies all the way through in chronological order. I've just finished AotC and I find I have as much plot confusion as I did the first time I watched it, so I was wondering if someone could explain it to me, as i'm obviously a bit dense.

So The clone army was commissioned by someone who was actually dead at the time, and all reference to the system was removed from the records, so the only way anyone found out about it was because the guy they used as a template was moonlighting as an assassin.

So who actually commissioned the clone army? Was it Palpatine, so that he could start a war where he was in charge of both sides? Wouldn't it have been easier for him to just pick a side and use both armies to get a quick win? And if not him, then who?

And how do you hide all records regarding a world that manufactures armies? Seems like the kind of place you want to keep tabs on.

Palpatine don't want war for a war.

He want to destroy the Jedi and corrupt Anakin. The whole war is just for this. (He basically create a war and an army to have Jedis to command it and take more and more steps toward the Dark Side)

Jedi master Sifo Dyas commissioned the clone army 10 years earlier(so would think around TPM timeline) at the request of the senate, Dooku who still is a jedi at the time meets with Sidious and joins him he then clears the database of Kamino from the jedi archives then kills Sifo.

Almost.

Jedi Master Sifo Dyas has a force premonition of a massive war and clone army serving the Republic in the near future, so he went and secretly commissioned the clone army for the Republic (though nether the senate nor other Jedi knew about it).

Sifo Dyas told his good friend Dooku about this army, however Dooku fell in with Sidious and told Sidious of the army. Sidious then worked the army into his plans, he then ordered Dooku to kill Sifo Dyas and erase all the Jedi database of Kamino.

Jedi master Sifo Dyas commissioned the clone army 10 years earlier(so would think around TPM timeline) at the request of the senate, Dooku who still is a jedi at the time meets with Sidious and joins him he then clears the database of Kamino from the jedi archives then kills Sifo.

Basically, what he said. Sifo-Dyas had a "vision" that the republic would need a massive army sometime in the future. What he most likely was referring to was the separatist attack. However, as they mentioned many times in the movie, the dark side had been clouding the Jedi Masters' predication abilities for quite sometime. So, he was unable to foresee that the true enemy was Palpatine and that he would ultimately use the army to destroy the Jedi. Therefore, unknowingly Sifo-Dyas had this army commissioned. Now, at this time Count Dooku had not fallen to the dark side, or at least had not made it entirely known, and was good friends with Sifo-Dyas and even served on the High Council with him. So, once Palpatine had recruited Count Dooku to the dark side making him Darth Tyrannus, he killed Sifo-Dyas and then erased all records of the planet from the Jedi Archives. Now, with no record of the planet and with no one else alive knowing about the army, the Sith were the only ones who knew about it. Until, he Bounty Hunter who was used for the cloning process ran into some jedi and then blah blah blah you know the rest.

Almost.

Jedi Master Sifo Dyas has a force premonition of a massive war and clone army serving the Republic in the near future, so he went and secretly commissioned the clone army for the Republic (though nether the senate nor other Jedi knew about it).

Sifo Dyas told his good friend Dooku about this army, however Dooku fell in with Sidious and told Sidious of the army. Sidious then worked the army into his plans, he then ordered Dooku to kill Sifo Dyas and erase all the Jedi database of Kamino.

Well thats not what Obi-Wan said.

"They say Master Sifo Dyas placed an order for a clone army, at the request of the senate almost 10 years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that."

Where is it stated that the senate didn't know?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

"They say Master Sifo Dyas placed an order for a clone army, at the request of the senate almost 10 years ago. I was under the impression he was killed before that."

It's implied by the fact that all of the Senators are surprised to discover that the army even exists and that it was technically illegal to create an Army of the Republic until the Senate approved the motion that granted Palpatine the power to order its creation.

The plots to Episodes 1-3 aren't supposed to make sense.

http://redlettermedia.com/plinkett/star-wars/

Obi-Wan didn't know, all he got was second hand misinformation from the Kaminoans.

Master Sifo Dyas lied to the Kaminoans, he told them he was the ruling (Grand Master) member of the Jedi Council and that he was acting officially on behalf of the senate, which were both complete lies. He was an average Jedi Master serving temporary on the Jedi Council due to his precognition powers and had no senate authority what so ever.

Edited by AngelousWang

It's implied by the fact that all of the Senators are surprised to discover that the army even exists and that it was technically illegal to create an Army of the Republic until the Senate approved the motion that granted Palpatine the power to order its creation.

Wait a minute, a thought occurs cause I just read this. Sidious as senator Palpatine, suggests that he goes to the kaminoians to make the clone army sometime between TPM and ATOC. So it technically was at the request of the senate(a senator), which could be why the prime minster said about Sifo commissioning the clone army at the request of the senate.

Master Sifo Dyas lied to the Kaminoans, he told them he was the ruling (Grand Master) member of the Jedi Council and that he was acting officially on behalf of the senate, which were both complete lies. He was an average Jedi Master serving temporary on the Jedi Council due to his precognition powers and had no senate authority what so ever.

When did the prime minster say that he was the grand master? I heard him say.

"Jedi master Sifo Dyas is still a leading member of the jedi council, is he not?"

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Wait a minute, a thought occurs cause I just read this. Sidious as senator Palpatine, suggests that he goes to the kaminoians to make the clone army sometime between TPM and ATOC. So it technically was at the request of the senate(a senator), which could be why the prime minster said about Sifo commissioning the clone army at the request of the senate.

Nope, it occurs cause he had a force vision of a war and Hego Damask (Darth Plagueis) who was part of senate banking clan suggested the Kaminoians to him.

When did the prime minster say that he was the grand master? I heard him say.

"Jedi master Sifo Dyas is still a leading member of the jedi council, is he not?"

The ruling/leading member of Jedi Council is the Grand Master. That is the meaning of the title.

"Master of the Order" is the actual leader of the entire Jedi Order (which was Windu right up to the clone wars, when he handed over to Yoda, making Yoda both the Grand Master and Master of the Order.

Edited by AngelousWang

Nope, he it occurs cause he had a force vision of a war and Hego Damask (Darth Plagueis) who was part of senate banking clan suggested the Kaminoians to him.

The ruling/leading member of Jedi Council is the Grand Master. That is the meaning of the title.

"Master of the Order" is the actual leader of the netire Jedi Order (which was Windu right up to the clone wars, when he handed over to Yoda, making Yoda both the Grand Master and Master of the Order.

Ya I know, but Palpatine suggests to Sifo after the vision he goes to Kamino to get the clone army. I know that but the minister said "A leading member" not "THE leading member" seeing as the jedi council leads the jedi order, the grand master leads both the jedi and the council.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Ya I know, but Palpatine suggests to Sifo after the vision he goes to Kamino to get the clone army. I know that but the minister said "A leading member" not "THE leading member"

No, Plagueis suggest it, not Sidious. Sidious never met Sifo ever as far as I am aware.

Plagueis was a member of Senate Banking Clan, not an actual part of the senate, but he attended senate meetings (to watch+listen) on behalf of the Banking Clan. Which is why they met in the Senate.

Edited by AngelousWang

No, Plagueis suggest it, not Sidious. Sidious never met Sifo ever as far as I am aware.

Plagueis was a member of Senate Banking Clan, not an actual part of the senate, but he attended senate meetings (to watch+listen) on behalf of the Banking Clan. Which is why they met in the Senate.

OH whoops ya Plagueis did!....Ya ok, guess I was seeing Palpatine there reading it quickly..alright so Plagueis.

Darth Plagueis following up on a previous conversation with Sifo-Dyas suggested to him that he should seek the cloners on Kamino and have them grow a human army. In order to defend the Republic, Master Sifo-Dyas secretly commissioned a clone army. He falsely claiming to be a leading member of the High Council while dealing with the cloners and backed financially by Plagueis.

Edited by JohunMorlish

Hego Damask, also known as Darth Plagueis, following up on a previous conversation with Sifo-Dyas suggested to him that he should seek the cloners on Kamino and have them grow a human army. In order to defend the Republic, Master Sifo-Dyas secretly commissioned a clone army. He falsely claiming to be a leading member of the High Council while dealing with the cloners and backed financially by Hego Damask.

Yes I know, I already got through all that. I already pieced it all together.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi