Powertech(Pyro) - What PvP gear now?

Alfadyr

I used to wear a champion eliminator gear (The mercenary one), but now after patch 1.2 will it be as viable, as it was . I still regret that I have to wear another's class gear, but I dunno if it will still exist at the same way.

Does anyone have an answer?

I was wondering this same thing. Im currently sitting with a mix of champ and BM eliminator gear. I will give it a run when the patch releases. I might try to roll in eliminator gear with a tank spec and roll with that. IF that sucks then Ill just go full blown tank. Although I dont think this nerf to railshot will make us unviable as dps. We will see though. :confused:

Stick with the champ then go to BM eliminator gear.

Champion gear stays as is it will just be no longer available and will not get its expertise upgraded as the battlemaster gear is

The recruit gear coming in in 1.2 has higher expertise but less overall stats, is unmoddable and has no set bonuses (we use the eliminator because 15% rail shot crit is just that good).

Because of the set bonuses I personally think the trade off for higher damage for less expertise is worth saving my credits at least for the short time it will take to get the BM eliminator gear from WZ comms.

Edited by theangryllama

Stick with the champ then go to BM eliminator gear.

Champion gear stays as is it will just be no longer available and will not get its expertise upgraded as the battlemaster gear is

The recruit gear coming in in 1.2 has higher expertise but less overall stats, is unmoddable and has no set bonuses (we use the eliminator because 15% rail shot crit is just that good).

Because of the set bonuses I personally think the trade off for higher damage for less expertise is worth saving my credits at least for the short time it will take to get the BM eliminator gear from WZ comms.

There is NO question. Champion gear IS better than Recruit. In fact, the devs said that the new Recruit will fall between Centurion and Champion.

There is NO question. Champion gear IS better than Recruit. In fact, the devs said that the new Recruit will fall between Centurion and Champion.

^

The only difference with patch is Recruit helps *Fresh 50s* (Or ones that currently have no Expertise) Compete appropriately while making it quicker to attain the new BM Pieces.

I am actually not so sure whether or not eliminator will be better tomorow. Since rs can't happen more often than every 6 sec (and thus around 7 or 8 seconds in average), it is awfully close to rp's normal cd.

Sure, it still happens more often and does more dmg, so the 15% crit on rs will still do more dmg. But no ways near as much as before. What could make the techset a viable option imo is the fact you get 2 set bonuses that actually apply to your class, and the cd reduction on my stunbreaker is very noticeable. I still miss it, and i switched to eliminator a long time ago.

I am not too sure now, but i think using a techset can actually be a valuable option. Damn you Bioware.

^

The only difference with patch is Recruit helps *Fresh 50s* (Or ones that currently have no Expertise) Compete appropriately while making it quicker to attain the new BM Pieces.

lvl 47 weapons have an enhancement that have expertise in theory you could pull it and put it into your orange gear...25 points per piece or orange gear...plus main and off hand possibly

Edited by mugen_dom

pryo is actually more powerful now than it was yesterday for 2 reasons. one, 6 seconds is nothing in a joust pvp system, and two, everyone else got nerfed meaning we are more powerful in relation to them... if you did 400k in a warzone yesterday, you will do 420k in the same warzone with the same people today... im not making this up, just test it yourself.