Exphryl HELP or anyone else that knows!

armyfreed

X hey its Mirra (hello rest of you)

I got a few questions before 1.2

1- I got BM elliminator set now on my main. Is it worth it to get the Augs you have from Agent gear(i need to know what ones if so) and replace them now before it's to late. I want to do the max damage i can from RS, FB, IM. ( my newbness was stackin crit aim and surge in that order lol) ><

2- I have a fresh 50 on another server. Is it worth it to spend the 1k 1k (merc/WZ comms) now or just wait out for 1.2 and get the gear?

3- with all the changes going into 1.2 for us PT's is it worth it to still go pyro? (I prob will still go pyro reguard) Or do i need to try and nab another set now?

Thanks for the advice in reguards to this.

M

X hey its Mirra (hello rest of you)

I got a few questions before 1.2

1- I got BM elliminator set now on my main. Is it worth it to get the Augs you have from Agent gear(i need to know what ones if so) and replace them now before it's to late. I want to do the max damage i can from RS, FB, IM. ( my newbness was stackin crit aim and surge in that order lol) ><

I wouldn't worry about it since it'll only last for about a week and then you'll need to throw in the original BM Mods/Enhancements back in to the gear. Unless you just want to have some super high damage for a week yeah, go ahead. Logically I wouldn't though at this stage in the game.

(Obviously tentative on patch being next week)

2- I have a fresh 50 on another server. Is it worth it to spend the 1k 1k (merc/WZ comms) now or just wait out for 1.2 and get the gear?

Personally, I would start buying up adrenals like crazy. With them raising in price and getting less comms per match might as well stock up now.

I would also make sure you keep 1k WZ Comms banked for patch though to headstart your BM Gear.

The new recruit gear cost about 320K Credits Total and you'll get 600 or so Expertise off it which will last you great until you farm the full BM

3- with all the changes going into 1.2 for us PT's is it worth it to still go pyro? (I prob will still go pyro reguard) Or do i need to try and nab another set now?

Again, with 1.2 coming right around the corner unless you have spare BM Comms on your main I wouldn't worry about trying to pick up the Combat Tech set. I'll personally be staying Pyro, or an AP/Pyro Hybrid.

It's very hard for me to give up a snare on a very strong hitting attack we use all the time in PvP, just my opinion.

Edited by exphryl

Thanks for allthe advice bro. =) i do have a **** ton of extra comms on my main lol.. i might go ahead and stock up on adrenals lol.

One more question you said stock 1k WZ comms.. not Merc comms though? so the BM gear only costs WZ comms now right?

Edited by armyfreed

Thanks for allthe advice bro. =) i do have a **** ton of extra comms on my main lol.. i might go ahead and stock up on adrenals lol.

One more question you said stock 1k WZ comms.. not Merc comms though? so the BM gear only costs WZ comms now right?

Yeah. WZ Comms only. (Unless I missed a recent patch note change)

I thought a recent PTS change was that Merc comms could be converted to WZ comms with a ratio of 1:1..

Unless Im mistaken?

Would be worth banking 1k of each

Yeah, you are correct. Just had to look it up.

10 Merc Comms for 10 Warzone Comms is the trade.

O snap.. that means i got 2k comms right now on my fresh 50.... hmmm isn't the stats better on the gear now though? shouldn't i grab what i can and farm as much as i can this week? Or simply wait till patch.. whenever that is lol

Or just use the daily/weekly for gear? Dunno lol... hmm

Edited by armyfreed

O snap.. that means i got 2k comms right now on my fresh 50.... hmmm isn't the stats better on the gear now though? shouldn't i grab what i can and farm as much as i can this week? Or simply wait till patch.. whenever that is lol

Or just use the daily/weekly for gear? Dunno lol... hmm

PvP is gonna be more geared based then skill based then it is even now. The current champion gear will actually have less expertise on it then the new recruit gear will. PvP is gonna turn into who has more expertise just like wow is with resiliance. They are basically taking PvP and making it 100% about gear.

PvP is gonna be more geared based then skill based then it is even now. The current champion gear will actually have less expertise on it then the new recruit gear will. PvP is gonna turn into who has more expertise just like wow is with resiliance. They are basically taking PvP and making it 100% about gear.

That would make sense, minus the fact they are making the gear beyond easy for ANYBODY to get and with no valor requirement =/

Have you looked at the difference in stats between all the sets? Do you know that Champ gear is being phased out, NOT made obsolete. Champ gear, is still in my opinion BETTER than the new recruit pvp gear.

The new Recruit gear gives you approx. 250 more expertise. On the new 1.2 expertise pvp bonus curve, that's roughly an extra 4% on bonus over champ gear. However, champ gear still has about 250 more aim, and 250 more Endurance. To me that is still better than recruit, or if someone wants to argue, than least just as good in pvp. The bonus however is that you can still use Champ to do PvE content and do just fine, unlike recruit gear.

1.2 is making pvp LESS gear dependent not MORE, you are automatically given pvp gear that is very competitive. The difference in pvp bonus between Recruit and BM is 4%, and War Hero provides 1.7% bonus over BM. For someone who puts too much emphasis on "Skill", you definitely dont think it really matters in pvp if these few percentages are going to dictate who's on top. All the people that complained about pvp gear pre 1.2 are clueless about pvp. They think that someone being in BM gear is an automatic faceroll. When in fact, there are many people who continuously faceroll in 100% PvE gear. What makes alot of the BM players seem powerful is NOT their gear (which by the way, many do not use their BM gear), it's that they have way more experience pvping than someone who just started. So grinding for BM gear has the side benefit of actually making you a better player by gaining experience. In fact, I constantly encourage players in my guild to do a lot of PvP in order to become better at PvE.

The only thing 1.2 is doing is putting a wall between PvE and PvP gear, that is the ENTIRE purpose of expertise.

Edited by Agooz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.