I "fixed" my FPS lag!

amarukk

Though not a "true" fix, I've done what I can on my end to stop it. I had a theory that putting my computer into "sleep" mode was somehow related to the FPS lag.

So last week, I didn't put it into sleep and had ZERO FPS lag issues.

I put it into sleep last night and fired it up when I got home. Within 20 minutes, I was smashed by the FPS lag monster.

I don't know how or why, but at least on my PC, it appears to be connected with "sleep" mode.

Though not a "true" fix, I've done what I can on my end to stop it. I had a theory that putting my computer into "sleep" mode was somehow related to the FPS lag.

So last week, I didn't put it into sleep and had ZERO FPS lag issues.

I put it into sleep last night and fired it up when I got home. Within 20 minutes, I was smashed by the FPS lag monster.

I don't know how or why, but at least on my PC, it appears to be connected with "sleep" mode.

Problem with these fixes is that they are quite often on the use end, not client side. Some have fixed them with software addons, you fixed yours in this manner, some have done so by updating directx9.

Good that you posted this incase someone is having the same problem, but there are so many reasons for fps lag that its difficult to blanket out a fix.

When it goes into sleep mode I don't think the ram memory gets wiped, hence the amount of lag you are getting from it processing an abundance of info, but when you completely shut down the Ram gets wiped since nothing is permanently on ram, you don't have the info build up that will cause slower processing and lag. I think thats right lol

When it goes into sleep mode I don't think the ram memory gets wiped, hence the amount of lag you are getting from it processing an abundance of info, but when you completely shut down the Ram gets wiped since nothing is permanently on ram, you don't have the info build up that will cause slower processing and lag. I think thats right lol

^This. Yes, in fact. It sometimes takes a while, especially since BioWare games are, and have always been resource hogs. Granted, TOR is less of a strain than I thought it would be. lol

Also, I recommend, as a more permanent solution, upgrading both graphics card and RAM, or if you're running a laptop with onboard graphics, upgrade your RAM as far as you can get it, within reason. There are computer stores that have very good deals on DDR2 DIMMs and SO-DIMMs. I suggest staying within a budget and shopping around. :)

Also remember, if you're running a 32 bit system with 32 bit Windows, you can only upgrade to a maximum of 4 GB RAM. Anything higher will take a 64 bit processor, compatible motherboard, and 64 bit version of Windows. I recommend Windows 7 over Vista for 64 bit systems. :) Hope this helps.