A suggestion for HM False Emporer

Lets say your doing False Emporer... your kicked off the bridge, but your group still kills him, do you get credit for the kill? No. Do you get to gp back in and roll on loot? No. Does your Daily / Weekly / Flashpoint quest update showing a completion? No. Something needs to be fixed. The auto-complete of the flashpoint quest is causing an issue... maybe every flashpoint needs to have group clickable in order to complete it at the end of the dungeon... I don't know, but its extremely frustrating to spend 2 and half hours clearing everything and then have nothing to show for it because your not in zone when the final boss dies because you were kicked off a bridge and it takes forever to load (twice). Don't get me wrong, I love to kick npcs in the game... its a great mechanic, but its extremely flawed right now.

the point he is making isnt limited to just that zone. it is found in all of them.

if and when you die in a unrezzable spot you just lost out on a entire run. god forbid if all of you die and still kill the last boss, get the update and cant rez which has happened also. all of you get locked out if you revive.

this has to be one of the most ill concieved instance mechanics i have ever seen and my gaming experience covers eq1, eq2, vanilla wow, and rift over 11 years.

sure you can run the zone again. but you have just wasted a evening of playing a game which to be honest is becoming harder and harder to log on because of such nonsense.

if other mmo's can get this right at the gate why cant bioware? it just makes you question thier mmo design competency level. that and several other basic mmo blunders makes experienced mmo players ponder if thier money is best spent elseware on something else or just wait for bioware to learn the mmo business which better be darn quick.

here's your fix: don't fall off the bridge :p
If you get knocked off, you die. That's acknowledged. But in this game, you get additionally punished by not being able to receive any loot nor finish any quest associated with it.

It's an acknowledged bug that still has not been fixed yet.

If you get knocked off, you die. That's acknowledged. But in this game, you get additionally punished by not being able to receive any loot nor finish any quest associated with it.

ok, my comment was made with much sarcasm, but more seriously: I have run this flashpoint dozens of times across 3 different 50s in melee dps, ranged dps, ranged heals, and melee tank roles. not once, ever, have i been knocked off the bridge. i don't like to make it sound like "Oh I must be so good" or "Man, you suck at this game," but the simple fact of the matter is if you're getting knocked off the bridge, you're not being careful enough.

this issue should be at the bottom of their priority list. there are SO many other things that need fixing in this game before they get around to fixing stuff that could be totally avoided almost 100% of the time

They have straight up said it's working as intended. L2facts. Why people keep making threads like this is beyond me.

Learn to play the encounter and not get knocked off. Keep him between you and a ledge at all times. You'll never have this issue again.

It took me one (1) time to learn this. Or tank him on the stairs and then drag him to the ledge at 10% He doesn't knock back after that.

Edited by Tormentist

They have straight up said it's working as intended. L2facts. Why people keep making threads like this is beyond me.

Learn to play the encounter and not get knocked off. Keep him between you and a ledge at all times. You'll never have this issue again.

It took me one (1) time to learn this. Or tank him on the stairs and then drag him to the ledge at 10% He doesn't knock back after that.

Tell me, does talking about your epeen really make you feel that much better irl?

Did I say I had a problem with getting knocked off? Or did I say players shouldn't be doubly punished for it? It IS an acknowledged bug.

if it is working as intended perhaps myself anf others need to find a different mmo where the devs have the knowledge to design one. this mechanic screams idiot all over it. the longer i play this game the more i see how clueless they are on mmo design.

i didnt come from wow nor want this game like it. i just want it so when i die on the last boss in a unrezzable place to be able to reenter the zone and roll on the loot. i am not asking too much am i? if i am, let me know now so my MONEY and time can be spent elseware.

Edited by uniz

if it is working as intended perhaps myself anf others need to find a different mmo where the devs have the knowledge to design one. this mechanic screams idiot all over it. the longer i play this game the more i see how clueless they are on mmo design.

i didnt come from wow nor want this game like it. i just want it so when i die on the last boss in a unrezzable place to be able to reenter the zone and roll on the loot. i am not asking too much am i? if i am, let me know now so my MONEY and time can be spent elseware.

god forbid you actually play with some strategy and pay attention to where you stand during a fight... i'm not saying the devs of this game are perfect, and i'm certainly not saying everything is working as intended... but this should not get people so worked up when it's SO easy to avoid.

again, i say, game fix priorities: this should not be one of them

What I've learned from BioWare is that "Working as intended" is their way of saying we either can't, or won't, or don't want to pay to fix an issue, therefore we'll just talk it away. :mad:

- P

Edited by pahbi

He doesn't knock back after that.

Yes he does. Or rather, you must pull him at 12% or something or he will become immobile when doing his FL thingy. My guilds tank got knocked off numerous times when we were doing HMs to gear up. Missed about 40% of Malgus loot. Theres a way for a tank to keep pillar behind his back, but Malgus has also knocked people THRU it.

Why people side with bioware on this is beyond me.

It would be easy to fix for example by making the flashpoint finish only after all group members click a glowy object/chest/whatever, instead when the boss dies.

Edited by Karkais

HUm learn to play, after a knock back when tanking , i got stuck inside the ground when he is about to die and the 2 knock back send me flying down to my death :p, your team gets the kill since he was around 15% when that happened and you get nothing expect for the big repair bill after spending 2H there

The problem I have isn't with the mechanics of the fight itself... I love the fight and the challenge... the problem is if you fall and are forced rez (meaning it automatically rez's you outside the zone) or if hit the button to rez thinking you can make it back in to the zone before the boss dies, but you don't, you do not get credit for the kill, you do not get credit for the completion of the zone and you miss out on loot. That night, we had 2 people miss out and the bad thing was it was his columi chest that dropped... we did the fight everything was going perfect... I moved him to a spot and thought I was ok, but I wasn't quite ok, still got knocked off and was auto-rezed outside the zone... the gunslinger got knocked with me but in a different direction... he died in an unrezable place, so he is there, looking at his corpse, but when he accepted to the med rez (outside the zone) he could not get back in, I could not get back in either... at least his daily updated, mine didn't update because I was outside the zone when the boss died...

Happened to me last week, and I've seen it happen to others as well.

I'm a tank, and I make sure to tank malgus w/ my back to the wall on the stairs. Everything went fine until he hit 11%, at which point I began to kite him down the stairs. [ Once he starts doing the lightning spam at the end, he doesn't always kite, since it is a ranged attack (even with LOS kite!)]. As I'm walking down the stairs with him in tow, he does a *huge* pushback, that pushes me all the way to the end of the room and off the edge. I wasn't even close to the edge, but the pushback was like ice skating on steroids, if you know what I mean.

Of course I didn't get the loot but luckily I didn't need it. Others in my guild haven't been so fortunate.

I'm guessing there is indeed some reason why you cannot reenter after the boss is dead, maybe to prevent people from jumping out, changing groups, and someone else jumping in and taking the loot? I don't know....

But it does suck to get knocked off and not get credit, and especially not get the loot if you need it.

Fight him on his stairs, have the tank put his back to one wall of the stairs and everyone else behind the boss, if they are ranged they can have their backs to the other side. Once below 10% take him down the stairs and knock him off the ledge. This is the simplest way to do the fight, and will work for even the most uncoordinated of players. Edited by Sharn-

Fight him on his stairs, have the tank put his back to one wall of the stairs and everyone else behind the boss, if they are ranged they can have their backs to the other side. Once below 10% take him down the stairs and knock him off the ledge. This is the simplest way to do the fight, and will work for even the most uncoordinated of players.

Thank you for this obvious piece of information. THe point, which you didnt realize, is that tanks tend to get knocked off AFTER they have pulled malgus to the edge. Since he is already there other players will then proceed to knock him off and the tank will be left without loot. THAT my friend, is the problem!

ps. I repeat my suggestion to Bioware: make the flashpoint finish ONLY after everyone in the team clicks the chest to loot.

Edited by Karkais

Lets say your doing False Emporer... your kicked off the bridge, but your group still kills him, do you get credit for the kill? No. Do you get to gp back in and roll on loot? No. Does your Daily / Weekly / Flashpoint quest update showing a completion? No. Something needs to be fixed. The auto-complete of the flashpoint quest is causing an issue... maybe every flashpoint needs to have group clickable in order to complete it at the end of the dungeon... I don't know, but its extremely frustrating to spend 2 and half hours clearing everything and then have nothing to show for it because your not in zone when the final boss dies because you were kicked off a bridge and it takes forever to load (twice). Don't get me wrong, I love to kick npcs in the game... its a great mechanic, but its extremely flawed right now.

Don't fail horribly and the problem disapeers.

Being subject to knockback adverse effects at all in this encounter IS EVIDENCE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND DON'T CARE TO FIND A BETTER WAY.

It is working as intended.

Edited by Zoggel
Rude

I've never been knocked off but I have to agree that this is a really ridiculous design failure. The game already has a mechanic to punish failing in an encounter (dying, having to run in and having to try the fight again), having a mechanic that punishes a simple fail by screwing people out of all rewards after a long dungeon is just lazy design.

You can tell a polished game by how well the game plans for unusual situations and this game really fails at it. There's a load of situations where if you happen to do random thing X at just the wrong time everything goes wrong (where X might be failing at a mechanic or just using some ability at the wrong time or even being the wrong class for a bugged fight - think Interrogator with Mercs), the game just isn't polished. It's full of lazy design with scripts that work most of the time and then sometimes get totally broken.

And really, not falling off in this fight is not the mark of some super pro, so please drop the silly cockiness over it. What if someone gets knocked off when it's their first time in this fight? That might easily happen to a new guy if someone kites the boss around in a bad way during the solo fighting part. And then the new guy learns he's screwed out of all rewards because he made a simple mistake in a fight he hadn't seen before. Not a way to keep people enjoying the game.

god forbid you actually play with some strategy and pay attention to where you stand during a fight... i'm not saying the devs of this game are perfect, and i'm certainly not saying everything is working as intended... but this should not get people so worked up when it's SO easy to avoid.

again, i say, game fix priorities: this should not be one of them

you totally are missing the point. it is a bad mmo design to die in a unrezzable spot IN ANY ZONE and get locked out to not be able to complete the quest or roll on loot for the boss.

WHAT PART OF THIS YOU DONT UNDERSTAND. strats are not the issue. learning to play isnt the issue. if this happened to you you would understand that learning a new zone and getting locked out after completing it leaving you nothing for the night isnt a good design. dear god why so many of you cant figure this out and are hung up on the knock back. this has happened in other zones too!

thankfully it is getting fixed in 1.2 or atleast i just read in the 3/16 pts notes. hopefully it was resolved in todays fix.

as far as priorities i wont go into that. perhaps what you want is the bugged raid zone you are on. what i want is all flashpoints to eliminate getting locked out upon the unrezzable death at the last boss. which covers more people? which is being resolved?

They have straight up said it's working as intended. L2facts. Or tank him on the stairs and then drag him to the ledge at 10% He doesn't knock back after that.

Actually he does knock back when he is less than 10%, I've had this happen while tanking him and having trouble getting him positioned correctly for the punt. I have also had him use Ultimate Power (which is a group wipe ability) while playing as my Commando, during one of the parts where he picks a character to "solo" against. This of course resulted in a group wipe due to the Commando lacking an interrupt (an oversight by Bioware in my opinion and hopefully one they will change soon).

I agree with the posters that, regardless of strategy, if a character dies and the rest of the group manages to kill the boss, traditionally everyone gets credit for the kill and quest completion. It's an inconsistency that in False Emp is not working properly and should be fixed.

Edited by bootsakah

Being subject to knockback adverse effects at all in this encounter IS EVIDENCE YOU DON'T KNOW WHAT YOU'RE DOING AND DON'T CARE TO FIND A BETTER WAY.

It is working as intended.

Believe it or not the people who are talking about the problems with boss fight mechanics such as being unable to loot a chest after being knocked off the edge are actually trying to improve the game and mechanics making it enjoyable for more people, so stop acting all high and mighty because you are SOO LEET

If there was a boss who kicks everybody around the map during a fight and makes people fall of a ledge unable to loot the boss afterwords you would be complaining that it is a broken fight. So don't look down your nose at people who are trying to improve basic game mechanics so that people wont be complaining when they DO make such a boss.

TLDR stop treating people who have legitimate complaints and are trying to improve the game like crap.

Edited by DrRockzo

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.