Cover Pulse and Entrench Suggestion (for snipers)

Zerogates

I haven't used natural cover in so long... what is that? For me personally I have B bound to crouch so I don't even have to use a hotkey on my bar to enter cover. Saves a lot of time and I have Cover Pulse bound to C so I don't accidently hit it enterting cover.

Works for me, probably pretty funky for other people. The biggest issue was learning to us I for inventory instead of B. They are both bound ingame by default.. no point in having 2 buttons for 1 function.

Actually, why not make it so snipers enter cover automatically when you use any ability requiring cover? At least then the game would be consistent.

Ambush, Snipe, Series of Shots, Explosive Probe, Entrench, Ballistic Shield, Cover Pulse.

As a sniper, I disagree with this. Yes, it sucks that other classes can use their knockback without enter into cover but cover gives us lots of cool abilities and defenses which others have mentioned.

I usually just hit them with Leg Shot to root them, get into cover right where I want to be then hit cover pulse. Or Leg Shot -> (wait for CC break) -> Flash Bang stun -> Cover Pulse.

Cover -> Entrench -> Cover Pulse is how I knock the enemy ball carrier back to the starting point in Huttball while the opposing team can do nothing about it. I'd say that's a good trade off.

As a sniper, I disagree with this. Yes, it sucks that other classes can use their knockback without enter into cover but cover gives us lots of cool abilities and defenses which others have mentioned.

I usually just hit them with Leg Shot to root them, get into cover right where I want to be then hit cover pulse. Or Leg Shot -> (wait for CC break) -> Flash Bang stun -> Cover Pulse.

Cover -> Entrench -> Cover Pulse is how I knock the enemy ball carrier back to the starting point in Huttball while the opposing team can do nothing about it. I'd say that's a good trade off.

What the OP was suggesting wouldn't bypass cover or bypass the cover requirement for cover pulse from what I understood.

Your noted point of contention is that you like the benefits of cover and wouldn't like bypassing them, but the OP isn't suggesting bypassing it, he is suggesting that activating cover pulse would first cause the sniper to enter cover (if not already in cover) and then produce the cover pulse knockback.

That being said, why exactly do you disagree?

It's not so much being required to enter cover that upsets me about it, it's the bugginess involved with cover, such as randomly getting the unkown effect result bug and being unable to enter cover until repositioning.

Better even is missing a cover point ahead of me while I enter cover and blow cover pulse immediately, only to realize that I rolled into cover and the pulse effect took place half way between my enemy and the cover point, resulting in NO EFFECT whatsoever.

Or standing at the top of the central area in huttball, very often I will try to enter cover to knock someone back, only to roll into a cover point ON A COMPLETELY DIFFERENT TIER of the arena, usually resulting in a blown/wasted knockback, or putting me in a worse position entirely.

The sniper is just such a mechanically flawed class in so many ways, if there weren't so many players that are clueless to the vulnerabilities of the class you wouldn't see so many people as vocally against a change as small as this. It would be cleaning up a mechanically flawed ability more than buffing the class.

Cover is useless. In fact you could effectively remove it and it would have zero impact on the class. everything requiring cover could be removed and have stationary cast times or remain stationary to keep up the benefit and I would find the class better to play.

Cover is stupid. It does zero. Cannot be lept at or pulled?

Yea, you know how beneficial that is in pvp? 1%. Its benefited me about 1% of the time because any tard will stun you and leap to you. If your absolutely stupid enough to use your cc breaker at that point in time and try and beat the leap after the instant cast stun and instant leap and think you'll get off your cc breaker and enter cover before he leaps go ahead.

Oh wait. Your resolve is empty. Second stun/root leapt at. So you have to cc breaker, cover, hunkerdown. So you've just self rooted.

Congratulations. Nice ability. Not getting pulled is good. Same issue.

Cover is trash. I've seen better mechanics from freeware games. Unless you've played a gs or sniper through 60 valor your commentary on cover being useful is not sufficiently vetted. You've got no clue how useless it really is in terms of functionality.

Its the worst AC in the game. Bar none hands down the worst ac. At least scoundrels get to stealth and heal and have some duel roll.

In pvp gs and snipers are trash. Still play mine and everytime I do I realize just how inferior it is compared to my alts.

Cover is useless. In fact you could effectively remove it and it would have zero impact on the class. everything requiring cover could be removed and have stationary cast times or remain stationary to keep up the benefit and I would find the class better to play.

Yea, you know how beneficial that is in pvp? 1%. Its benefited me about 1% of the time because any tard will stun you and leap to you. If your absolutely stupid enough to use your cc breaker at that point in time and try and beat the leap after the instant cast stun and instant leap and think you'll get off your cc breaker and enter cover before he leaps go ahead.

Oh wait. Your resolve is empty. Second stun/root leapt at. So you have to cc breaker, cover, hunkerdown. So you've just self rooted.

Cover is trash. I've seen better mechanics from freeware games. Unless you've played a gs or sniper through 60 valor your commentary on cover being useful is not sufficiently vetted. You've got no clue how useless it really is in terms of functionality.

Its the worst AC in the game. Bar none hands down the worst ac. At least scoundrels get to stealth and heal and have some duel roll.

In pvp gs and snipers are trash. Still play mine and everytime I do I realize just how inferior it is compared to my alts.

I have played a sniper to 60+ valour, which I hope means I can comment. You are wrong. The thread is about cover pulse and entrench, learn to use them.:)

If you cant use the benefits of cover (of which there are many), the sniper class isnt for you.

Thats nothing to get upset about, everyone has a different style. Sniper isnt yours.

Valor 66 - ENG Sniper, Extreme damage since Early Access

Edited by Kalliadies

I have played a sniper to 60+ valour, which I hope means I can comment. You are wrong. The thread is about cover pulse and entrench, learn to use them.:)

Why are so many prosnipers in here derailing this by arguing about the benefits of cover and blabbity blah blah blah.

The OP never suggested anything that would replace, negate, bypass, or in anyway interfere with a sniper gaining the passive benefits of cover.

Never. Not at all. 0% of his post is involving this element.

I don't see why there are so many people complaining about losing out on the benefits of cover when that has absolutely nothing to do with the OP's suggestion.

Hitting cover isn't really difficult.

Even this troll is more on topic than most of you.

Edited by Celebrus

What the OP was suggesting wouldn't bypass cover or bypass the cover requirement for cover pulse from what I understood.

Your noted point of contention is that you like the benefits of cover and wouldn't like bypassing them, but the OP isn't suggesting bypassing it, he is suggesting that activating cover pulse would first cause the sniper to enter cover (if not already in cover) and then produce the cover pulse knockback.

That being said, why exactly do you disagree?

That is exactly what I was suggesting, have not been following my own thread so a little late on the clarification I suppose. Just to make it very clear what I suggested though:

Cover Pulse = Crouch->Cover Pulse in one action

Sniper needs to be a bit smoother in pvp, and I thought a simple change to cover pulse could help with that.

Edited by Zerogates