Problems Healing

harenmacar

well given that I am the reciever of the heals i can't fully clarify what was going on however when he talked about it to me here were his steps in a 4 man heroic

-click portrait

-apply heal

-apply heal

-(tab target)

-damage

-click portrait

-apply heal

-apply heal

the rotation was similar to that and given i was a tank i was more aware of heals coming in.

I noticed that after using the commando's sustained healing ability (the beam one unsure of name) that after it was interrupted by movement or clicking another heal so it seemed that it would loose me as a target and heal him.

well given that I am the reciever of the heals i can't fully clarify what was going on however when he talked about it to me here were his steps in a 4 man heroic

-click portrait

-apply heal

-apply heal

-(tab target)

-damage

-click portrait

-apply heal

-apply heal

the rotation was similar to that and given i was a tank i was more aware of heals coming in.

I noticed that after using the commando's sustained healing ability (the beam one unsure of name) that after it was interrupted by movement or clicking another heal so it seemed that it would loose me as a target and heal him.

If you're referring to the Hammershot Beam (green beam), it isn't interrupted by movement and cannot be used on the trooper healing. It'd be worth it to get together and see if you can replicate the issue.

He should be using the F keys to target group members. Sometimes the UI will mess up and not allow for clicking and need to be CTRL u u reset. This would mean that when he tabs to the enemy and then attempts to click a portrait the target stays the mob and the heal will autocast on him.

He may also be using a mod key (set in the preferences) for self cast and without realizing it he may be self casting with a mob key...less likely but possible.

Lag can also be a factor...i.e. he clicks and casts but the target has not officially switched yet.

I healed all day today and the only issues we had are when the tank got out of position and was punted off a ledge...the end result was not pretty.

He should be using the F keys to target group members. Sometimes the UI will mess up and not allow for clicking and need to be CTRL u u reset. This would mean that when he tabs to the enemy and then attempts to click a portrait the target stays the mob and the heal will autocast on him.

He may also be using a mod key (set in the preferences) for self cast and without realizing it he may be self casting with a mob key...less likely but possible.

Lag can also be a factor...i.e. he clicks and casts but the target has not officially switched yet.

I healed all day today and the only issues we had are when the tank got out of position and was punted off a ledge...the end result was not pretty.

No, I actually ran into this problem yesterday. There is also a thread about it in the main Trooper forum. In my case, I was using the F keys to target people but my target was dropped, but it only happened to me once.

No, I actually ran into this problem yesterday. There is also a thread about it in the main Trooper forum. In my case, I was using the F keys to target people but my target was dropped, but it only happened to me once.

Yeah, I've had my target drop a couple times over the past few days.

Needless to say, harsh words were uttered as I attempted to rectify the situation. >_>

I was told by another healer that if you tab target in mid cast the heal will land on who ever your targeting when the heal hits. IF that is the case then its possible your healer is tabing to do damage before the heal is hitting and he would be targeting an enemy when it hits. If this is the case the heal would hit himself because he's targeting an enemy.

Just a thought I'm no expert.

I was told by another healer that if you tab target in mid cast the heal will land on who ever your targeting when the heal hits. IF that is the case then its possible your healer is tabing to do damage before the heal is hitting and he would be targeting an enemy when it hits. If this is the case the heal would hit himself because he's targeting an enemy.

I'm a 29 combat medic and I often switch between friendly targets while my heals are still casting so I can start casting the next heal asap on the next target that needs it.

My heals ALWAYS hit the target that I STARTED casting them on. So I never encountered what you mention. I believe it might be incorrect information unless someone can confirm it, in which case I assume it's a bug.

I do however have A LOT of UI bugs where I cannot click anything anymore so I have to use CTRL+U twice to remove / reload my UI. This is very annoying when it happens in a boss fight during a damage spike :(

But unfortunately there isn't much we can do until BW fixes the UI bug.

I personally use my F keys for my second hotbar but if you don't then you could try them to target your teammates with. (which is the default setting for the F keys anyway)

That actually may be what is happening. Since I have experienced this myself and I often throw a bit of damage in in between heals. It silly though since it would mean it is only accepting a target at the end of an induction and not at the start. I'll have to test this out though to see if this is what is actually happening.

Edited by Elaiwyn

I'm very interested to hear about the results of your testing as I never had that problem before.

i'm currently at work (obviously not working very hard right now) so I can't test it myself at the moment.

I'll only test this out tomorrow. Since I'm not logged in now and an hour+ queue tends to put me off.

So I set out today to test if this was the case

What I did was is have M1-4X attack an elite each time.

I had M1-4X selected at the start of the fight clicked healing probe and then tabbed and attacked. I did this about 20 times. Of the 20 times I did it 16 went off correctly and 4 ended up healing me.

I spent another 20 times just having M1-4X selected and never selecting another target and all of them went off correctly.

Edited by Elaiwyn