The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Favourite cameo?

DarthKaratus

That was the Millenium Falcon - it was going to be owned by Captain Antilles (before he loses it to Lando (in like 20 years)). In fact in the original script, the Falcon plays a major part - but then Lucas changed everything.

And someone on the first page said Peter Jackson was in all 3 LOTR movies; he was not - he was only in Return of the King.

Personally, I liked the future Grand Moff Tarkin at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

Edited by Gronkdamage

It's not even clear enough to make out. Could be a ship with a resemblance to it, too. I'm surprised, since George Lucas would probably sue over it if it were true. He has been known to do that. :p

That is the point. It is not supposed to be clear. Just like R2 in Star Trek (the 2009 movie). Or the Falcon in Starship Troopers. Or the Falcon in Spaceballs. You really have to be quick to catch them.

That was the Millenium Falcon - it was going to be owned by Captain Antilles (before he loses it to Lando (in like 20 years)). In fact in the original script, the Falcon plays a major part - but then Lucas changed everything.

And someone on the first page said Peter Jackson was in all 3 LOTR movies; he was not - he was only in Return of the King.

Personally, I liked the future Grand Moff Tarkin at the end of Revenge of the Sith.

He was the carrot eating drunk in Bree and the rock throwing soldier at Helm's Deep, he says so in the extended cut's special features.

Not true; he WAS in all 3. I forget exactly where he is in Fellowship (in Bree, probably), but in The Two Towers he's guarding the gate of Helm's Deep. You see a closeup of him yelling and throwing/thrusting something at some Uruk-Hai. Then he's on the black corsair ship in ROTK, but you only get a decent look at him in the Extended Edition (I think the regular version has one shot of the corsair ships before they arrive at the battle... could be that was only in EE, too)

What was said on the first page that WAS false, however, was George Lucas in TPM. He was in Revenge of the Sith, not The Phantom Menace, as Baron Papanoida.

Edited by Toonimator

Not true; he WAS in all 3. I forget exactly where he is in Fellowship (in Bree, probably), but in The Two Towers he's guarding the gate of Helm's Deep. You see a closeup of him yelling and throwing/thrusting something at some Uruk-Hai. Then he's on the black corsair ship in ROTK, but you only get a decent look at him in the Extended Edition (I think the regular version has one shot of the corsair ships before they arrive at the battle... could be that was only in EE, too)

What was said on the first page that WAS false, however, was George Lucas in TPM. He was in Revenge of the Sith, not The Phantom Menace, as Baron Papanoida.

That's right, my mistake. Been a long while since I watched the prequels.

non Star Wars: Hook had tons of cameo's, Glenn Close, Gwyneth Paltrow & Phil Collins all have speaking parts as well as Jimmy Buffet, and to make this a little more star wars like. George Lucas and Carrie Fisher are in it. They are the couple kissing on the bridge.

Edit: because Steven Spielberg is also in it.

Edited by Aralt

In ROTK, it was in the extended version. When the mercs arrive on boats, he is the first man to get killed. I forget the other 2 sadly..

Another was in Shelobs Lair, when Sam was walking up holding his torch...

The arm that you 1st see is Jacksons IIRC (and aint it hairy?)

What is your favourite cameo that occured IN Star Wars media?

Mine would probably have to be Delta Squad from Republic Commando showing up briefly in season 3 in the Clone Wars. George Lucas in TPM was cool too. I don't know many other directors who cameo'd in their own film.

How about you guys?

have you ever seen a mel brooks film, like space balls, blazing saddles, robin hood men in tights he plays in them and directs them

Stan Lee is usually in most of his movies as well.. Don't think he's the director, just creator of Marvel and stuff.

director...? No, Stan Lee doesn't direct. Or even write movies. He's the writer & co-creator of a TON of Marvel classics, tho he's been retired from writing any of the Marvel comics for decades pretty much (he was editor-in-chief for a couple decades, until '72, then became publisher). He makes cameos in just about all of the Marvel films since his name has become synonymous with "Marvel Comics" and he was the public face of Marvel for so long. He appears in cameo as a nod to his overall contribution to the Marvel Universe (creating and/or writing so many of its most memorable characters--as well as many forgettable ones, too, of course).

Stan Lee is usually in most of his movies as well.. Don't think he's the director, just creator of Marvel and stuff.

He has a cameo in the movies of characters he created. Spiderman, Iron Man, X-Men, Hulk, Thor, Fantastic Four, etc. Since he didn't actually create Wolverine, he wasn't in the Origins movie. Same with Captain America. He will probably be in Avengers, though. lol

• 11 months later...

Jace Malcolm is in the Alderaan bonus series quest line.

When the Bounty Hunter is browsing the holonet for new bounties,

Guss Tuno appears.

Nok Drayen from the Smuggler story,

Risha's father,

appears in the Imperial Agent story as

a member of the Star Cabal.

During Lieutenant Irreso's character story, he mentions he served under

Aric Jorgan

In Qyzen Fess' story, he mentions he worked for

Braden and Mako

In Vette's story, she mentions she was freed from slavery by

Nok Drayen, and was friends with Risha, the Smuggler's companion.

Darth Angral

is the father of Lord Tarnis in the Knight story (Coruscant)

In the Doc storyline

He cures Nem'ro the Hutt, while Kaliyo Djannis stays on the Knight's ship (both from the Agent story)

Risha says she knew

a Twi'lek girl when she was growing up, (this is probably Vette from the Warrior story.

In the consular story, you speak to a republic representative in Voss- Ka. They tell one of their minions to go to Bas- Ton's tea house. I think this is the same Bas- Ton

in the agent story, who is an Imperial spy.

Edited by ChrisRedmond