The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

DPS - What relics do you use?

Jestunhi

Matrix Cube + Power-on-use (PvP) relic. Powertechs already have a buff that increases Tech crit by 25%, so a Crit/Surge one isn't as powerful as a Power one when they are combined.

quoted for truth. I'd keep 3 keybinds specifically for triggering explosive fuel + relic + adrenal simultaneously for maad deeps.

I use a defense relic as my second relic. Relics of opposite types (def/offense) do not share CDs, so you can pop em both in when needed. I switch the main offensive relic between BM and champion when possible (out of combat), as relics of the same type only share 30 secs cd. You can use your hotbar for both switching and activating the first slot relic.

I know defense isn't as strong a stat as one might like, but I've found it to be quite noticible compared to the matrix cube. As Pyro, we're about as squishy as we can get, so it's a big help.

The expertise makes up for a bit compared to matrix, too (and a lot more now in 1.2).

I used to use matrix & power use. Then when I got a Plasma Burst Device (Chance of extra elemental damage on hit) I started using that and the matrix cube except for Soa where I would swap back for extra burst on the final phase.

Now, I'm debating dropping the matrix cube and having an elemental damage proc as well as the burst from a +power on use relic.