Question about Synth in 1.2

Antissa

At the moment I get alot of schematics from Nightmare EV, and Nightmare Karaggas Palace.

Almost all of the items that I can craft are Bind on Pickup, and I allready get better items from the tier pieces.

Why is really the point of these schematics if I cant use them for anything? And if they would be Bind on Equip instead I could actually use Synthweaving for something and craft and sell items above 124 rating.

Anyone know if this is getting fixed in 1.2? I cant find any notes about old BOP items getting BOE from crafting.

It would be fun to have a reason for doing missions at endgame.

Thanks

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-friday-march-30th-2012-game-update-1.2-special

("Reverse engineering an item with mods leads to empty orange equivalents of the end game items. This can be done after the mods are extracted and used in a different item!

The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.

Many different mods can now be reverse engineered which will grant you a schematic to craft that mod. (This is not possible on armoring that carry a set bonus.)

Reverse engineering non-modded items usually leads to a schematic for an equivalent item.

Reverse engineering an end game item also provides materials needed to craft these items.

Operations materials are also Bind on Equip now, creating a more diverse market.

A crafting critical on these schematics will usually lead to an augment slot. For item mods, it results in an extra item.")

http://www.swtor.com/blog/community-qa-friday-march-30th-2012-game-update-1.2-special

("Reverse engineering an item with mods leads to empty orange equivalents of the end game items. This can be done after the mods are extracted and used in a different item!

The item you learn to create is commonly Bind on Equip, as we want to encourage a more lively market on the Galactic Trade Network.

Many different mods can now be reverse engineered which will grant you a schematic to craft that mod. (This is not possible on armoring that carry a set bonus.)

Reverse engineering non-modded items usually leads to a schematic for an equivalent item.

Reverse engineering an end game item also provides materials needed to craft these items.

Operations materials are also Bind on Equip now, creating a more diverse market.

A crafting critical on these schematics will usually lead to an augment slot. For item mods, it results in an extra item.")

The items are NOT commonly Bind on Equip. They are bind on Pick up. 99% av the items that you can make from schematics for synthweaving in operations is Bind on Pickup which means in 99% of all cases they are useless. So the post is wrong. They are not Bind on Equip.

If the materials are Bind on Equip or Bind on Pick up doesnt change one bit since the items you create are with those materials are Bind on Pick up. Which means, still useless.

Your right they are BOP right now but...

They WILL BE Bind On Equip in 1.2, which is what that post is talking about.

Because your right. At this moment these items have no use, that is why their changing them.

Edited by BronzeKnight

Because your right. At this moment these items have no use, that is why their changing them.

Finally a proper reply to this post. Thank you :)

Have you confirmed this on the PTS?

I ask because as I read the notes, it isn't clear that anything other than NEW schematics learned from reverse engineering NEW end-game items, along with end-game mats, will be BOE in 1.2.

I read a Q&A from last week on one of the blogs where it was asked if current BOP end-game crafting items (BCA, ADC) would become BOE, and the answer was that only items obtained AFTER 1.2 would be BOE.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-2012-swtor-q-a-panel/

Edited by DawnAskham

Have you confirmed this on the PTS?

I ask because as I read the notes, it isn't clear that anything other than NEW schematics learned from reverse engineering NEW end-game items, along with end-game mats, will be BOE in 1.2.

I read a Q&A from last week on one of the blogs where it was asked if current BOP end-game crafting items (BCA, ADC) would become BOE, and the answer was that only items obtained AFTER 1.2 would be BOE.

http://dulfy.net/2012/04/07/paxeast-2012-swtor-q-a-panel/

If that is true it makes some sense.....

If true it would mean that they can't change the schems people already have and they will have to get new schems. (What reason would there be to NOT change the current end game items?)

If true it means that all end game items that drop after 1.2 are BOE both the end game items in game now and the items being added in 1.2...

Doesn't make any sense. I probably have 30-40 BoP schems from HM Ops and it'll be a crock if I have to get them all over again. I'm already pissed them my current cargo bay of 40-50 alloys and data cubes will not become BoE when 1.2 hits. Edited by Maestrodomus

Doesn't make any sense. I probably have 30-40 BoP schems from HM Ops and it'll be a crock if I have to get them all over again. I'm already pissed them my current cargo bay of 40-50 alloys and data cubes will not become BoE when 1.2 hits.

I'm hoping they just answered the question wrong as it doesn't make sense, but below is the relevant portion of the transcript from the Q&A where that question came up, and which leads me to believe they making the change only affect stuff acquired post 1.2:

Present: Stephen Reid, Cory Buttler, James Ohlen, Cameron Winston (PAX East Day 1 Q&A)

Q: I know in 1.2 the endgame mats (i.e. alien data cubes, rakata energy nodes) are going to change to BoE from BoP, will things that we already have that are bound to us – will they change to BoE? (i.e. alien data cube will still be bound to us or will they change to BoE)

A: They will still be bound to you.

Edited by DawnAskham

Pretty sure the question was just answered incorrectly. The exotic crafting mats are BoE on the test server.

The mats are totally irrelevant.

I am talking about the items you craft from the recipes that drop in ops.