powertech dps

Shadowaus

I'm struggling to enjoy powertech dps :/

I leveled all the way to 50 as tank, and had no trouble. But on my server theres basically more tanks than dps so i thought i'd give it a try.

I went pyrotech and im REALLY struggling with heat issues. You basically have to hope for a rail shot proc off of rocket punch or flame burst which is just stupid..

I'm nearly dying to elites, when before as tank it took a bit longer but i never dropped below 80% hp (both dps and tank with mako healing)

Not really seeing the point? :/

Edit: this is for pve. I'm not a pvp'er and i hate that almost all the discussion about dps is almost always about pure pvp..

Edited by Shadowaus

I think you need a gear check

What does gear have to do with it?

as a tank i spend almost the whole time under 30 heat, if not less.

as dps i struggle to keep it below 50..

Gear cannot help heat.

Edit: And the talent that removes 8 heat when you're stunned, knocked down or otherwise immobilised is pointless for pve as it doesnt happen often enough for it to really matter, especially if someone's tanking.

Edited by Shadowaus

I'm struggling to enjoy powertech dps :/

I leveled all the way to 50 as tank, and had no trouble. But on my server theres basically more tanks than dps so i thought i'd give it a try.

I went pyrotech and im REALLY struggling with heat issues. You basically have to hope for a rail shot proc off of rocket punch or flame burst which is just stupid..

I'm nearly dying to elites, when before as tank it took a bit longer but i never dropped below 80% hp (both dps and tank with mako healing)

Not really seeing the point? :/

Edit: this is for pve. I'm not a pvp'er and i hate that almost all the discussion about dps is almost always about pure pvp..

Given that Pyros have one of the highest damage output for PvE, it only makes sense that you are doing something wrong.

Give us more information, show us the spec you are using, tell us a little about your gear, an idea of your rotation, so we can help you become a powerhouse both in pve and pvp :)

I think you need a gear check

He's struggling with heat =/

To the OP.

Currently do this

Flame Burst > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch.

If you did not get a PPA Proc, rapid shot once, then throw a Flame burst.

Try to weave in Rapid Shots between Flame Bursts and other abilities to keep your heat around 50ish. If you go over use Vent heat but then stay around that value. You'll be able to consistently use your abilities and keep good dps on the Elite.

Also in this case, keep Mako pretty well geared to as you'll take a good beating.

I really don't understnad why so many people, even NEW people have heat issues. heat issues should be non-existant.

If you find yourself at high heat constantly.... USE LESS HEAT ABILITIES. Not hard. I swear, people ask the dumbest questions.

He's struggling with heat =/

To the OP.

Currently do this

Flame Burst > Rail Shot > Rocket Punch.

If you did not get a PPA Proc, rapid shot once, then throw a Flame burst.

Try to weave in Rapid Shots between Flame Bursts and other abilities to keep your heat around 50ish. If you go over use Vent heat but then stay around that value. You'll be able to consistently use your abilities and keep good dps on the Elite.

Also in this case, keep Mako pretty well geared to as you'll take a good beating.

I was also using incendiary missile and thermal detonator for the extra damage, and the incendiary to get the DOT started so i could use rail shot at the beginning.

though that does basically start me at 40 heat and i guess its all downhill from there.

Gearwise, doing dailies atm to get the 49 purple mods on this character. so not the best.

I was also using incendiary missile and thermal detonator for the extra damage, and the incendiary to get the DOT started so i could use rail shot at the beginning.

though that does basically start me at 40 heat and i guess its all downhill from there.

Gearwise, doing dailies atm to get the 49 purple mods on this character. so not the best.

Only use IM with Thermal Override. It's to costly to use on it's on and it's pathetic damage. I would also skip TD for now unless you are using Explosive Fuel and other cooldowns. In general I wouldn't recommend putting it in to any "rotation" until you get enough gear to really up the damage of it.

Using IM to get the dot? You are using CGC right? If specced properly Flame Burst will proc your CGC (a dot) 100% of the time.

Fighting an Elite, TD from distance, FB to proc RS then RP/FB to proc more. Carbonize/Stun/Shield to minimize damage. Go all out to 60heat or so, use vent, then pace yourself and use rapid shot if heat gets more than 40. Make sure Mako is geared well. Do dailies, upgrade your mod, then start running hardmodes. It really is as simple as that. When you get used to the mechanics of the tree, and have heat under control, you wont go back to shieldtech.

Also for now until 1.2 it would probably be a good idea to try the Carolina Parakeet spec. It will make your transition from Shieldtech to Pyro, much easier, not to mention that it's perfect for pve content.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#301hRGbdMboZ0MZbIbbdh.1

Use a Macro for IM so much I forget its bound with Override, it helps a bit so does venting heat when u get a bit to high, but check out taugrims video. It helped me transition alot...I liked being the Jetcharging tank but when you can 3 shot people with some crits you wont want to go back

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.