The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

The PVP is better at 1-49...

UnderatedNoob

Myth: Most people min/max.

Truth: Most people play casually.

Myth: Most people queue as premades.

Truth: Most people queue solo.

Myth: Gear doesn't matter in the 50s bracket.

Truth: There is a huge gear disparity in the 50s bracket.

Therefore:

Myth: the 50 bracket is more fun.

Truth: the 10-49 bracket is more fun.

Why? B/c people can queue 10-49 & be somewhat competitive regardless of whether they queue solo/premade, min/max, & regardless of gear disparity.

I tend to agree with this quoted post, I have only been PvP ing in games since 1997 but I have yet to see a truly superior PvPer ever use the word "bads" in anger in game.

I have seen some great PvP leaders, a pity they are not helped by ingame voice or other systems here.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Therefore:

Why? B/c people can queue 10-49 & be somewhat competitive regardless of whether they queue solo/premade, min/max, & regardless of gear disparity.

Perfectly put.

. .

R

O

F

L

The pvp is freakin horrible at low levels. Granted I had a ton of fun on my main in the lowbie bracket. I still have fun on my alt cause I love pvp, but the skill / awareness is absolutely pathetic.

There are 5 times as many people at this bracket that have absolutely no idea how to play this game. I don't know how many times in the last hour I've watched people fail miserably at interrupting bomb plants or CC'ing opponents.

Anyone who tries to stay in this bracket is pathetic. Grow a pair of balls and come play with the big boys.

The queues pop 3x as often as level 50 and there's a much wider variety in enemies and teamates. In level 50, it only pops during certain times of day and you'll always get the same enemies and same people on your team. If you had really bad teamates in the last game, you're stuck with them for another 5 games. This is how it is on my server. It's a lot more competitive in the 1-49 bracket as well. I don't just roll everyone because I've BM'd up and they have not.

Therefore:

Truth.

I also enjoy PvP the most when played in the 50 bracket on my single, level 50 character. I agree that the skill in low levels tends to be quite sub-par

That being said, when I play on my alts, if I see people playing in ways that lead to a loss (i.e., not tossing the Huttball, using poor strategies to defend or assault a node, etc.) I give them suggestions and tips rather than laughing at them or calling them mean things. This has actually helped turn games around.

Since people generally enjoy winning and beating the other team, this leads people to respect me in warzones, and will usually work together with my strategy in /ops to help a win. Since my server is very low population lately, it's usually the same people queuing for warzones so they've come to see that discussion of our pitfalls leads to more victory.

It's very productive to help people learn how to play rather than being rude to them - it can actually help you get more kills, more wins, more commendations, more valor, faster gear (whichever of these it is that you are seeking when you PvP). Not surprisingly, getting people mad by being mean to them actually will make your team work together less because they will simply get mad at you.

Edited by Shlamorel

I have 3 level 50s and a level 40, and I would certainly say 10-49 is more fun, (once you hit lv 50 the stats are just a tad OTT) most guys have have 20k hp, and sorcerers and commandos are such a pain in the arse (or any ranged that can damage and heal to a large degree with high armor) (and as I have a jug and a sent, I so hate going against either :>) yet anywhere 10-49, everyone has a fairer chance and I have always have more fun, even when I get to lv 10, I always go pvp and find myself holding my own as the main thing you lack is the later level skills which you can compensate for .

If your anti expertise, 10-49 PvP is probley the better in your opinion, unless you completely let yourself go while leveling up. The diffrence on stats is negligable, and it's more about skill etc than it is about gear. At 50 it's all about gear, your not even really able to be competitve in the sameway as 10-49 until your maybe halfway in BM gear.

I enjoy doing both myself, but since me and a friend rolled a couple of alts for late night warzones on Dalborra. We've been having alot of fun, especially during the fail. Had a Alderaan last night where the republic just had 1 more shot left before defeat, and they 3 capped and won at the last second. It was pretty *********** funny, you just don't see that sorta stuff in 50 matches.

Edited by Calitri

If players had an option to do WZ's without Expertise, even at 50 I think you would find your self alone. Although PvP and PvE both have gearing tiers, in PvE you dont have to get face rolled for weeks just to stand a chance, you just have to learn the fights and gear up through the different tiers. PvP IS mostly about teamwork, skill, and strategy, but almost 40% is your gear. Although 50 PvP is more competitive, expertise is a huge factor in every outcome. If it wasn't, then in the beginning of the WZ everyone wouldn't mouse over each players health pool to judge where their gear is at.

not in every outcome....we played in our undies to make it fair and still beat the lvl 50 imps :-( And really, when playing in undies I don't think we were concentrating on strategy either lol.

Let's face it. If you WANT to play PvP properly, by the time you get to lvl 50, you should have learned mechanics of the WZ's. Also, MOST sub lvl 50's are probably alt's right now so how come all the strategy disappears? Maybe I can be surprised that there are stll so many new players - and then it is not really their fault is it - they are still learning

PVP 10-49 is better on a personal level simply because you have and equal chance with enemy players it comes down to tactics and communication.

Unfortunatly team play is very hit and miss with random teams, as i was leveling my PT and being ops leader more often than not, i'd give basic intructions and the begining of a match and see them ignored alot of time. Players refusing to attack lightly defended targets and insted go for the turret that has 6 organised enemy guarding it... stuff like that. Theres alot of stupid players out there and some who actively contribute to losses.

Its very true to say that a fresh 50 in recruit gear is MUCH less effective than a lvl 10 goin into their 1st WZ.

As for geared players who trash talk fresh 50's i say take off your gear, then we see your skills, to which the reply is often silence and a target marker over my head :DDD

Edited by SWaotc

pvp at 10-49 is the worst thing i have ever seen ppl are so braindead dont know what to do running around like headless chickens not doing any objectives

really wish i could just be lv 50 without the lvling a new char on new server because my main server is dead and i get maybe 2 matches a day there

just the other day i was being yelled at because i used rapid shots on someone from my team (as healing merch)

Edited by mamosh

Therefore:

/sign truth

After 1,2 I played 50 bracket and then boycotted it. It also looks like most my server did to. The game as a whole has nosed dived since 1.2.

The expertise system is broken now and need to be removed or fixed. The 50 bracket is the worst pvp experience I’ve ever had in my 13 years of playing mmo. Its so boring and a decent player with half a brain can push 4 buttons now on a burst dps spec ( assasins,maruaders,sniper,op's,PT////mirrors ) and it’s over. Healings a joke now so is tanking its zerg fest for the loose.

After 1.2 50 was fun for like 24 hr then got really lame.

BW has no idia what there doing and the server stats show the truth.

All these kid who love 1.2 now think there great players because of bursting in 4 GCD which = no skill at all lol. I can do that all day. I would rather have pre 1.2 with buffs to Tanking and a little healing nerf ( not the double dip disater now in 1.2).

Think WHY DO WE have all these thread calling for nerf to the above 5 class because any gear / decent player can kill the other in 4 GCD regardless of skill. What fun is a game with no skill, I guess the new generation likes this , Its probably because back in little league when their team lost they got a trophy, everyone’s a winner =) what a joke.

BTW on my Server 1-49 is flourishing and we almost have a full boycott of 50 pvp. 1-49 pops every 5 min, oh and yes guild premades now play in it. Why because even they got bored of 50 zerg fest = no skill.

Edited by IronScarlet

10-49s is better for bad players who like spamming 2 buttons, reminds me of 19 twink rogues in wow saying the bracket was balanced .

and you think post 1.2... 50 bracket requires skill.. LMFAO

bad players will be bad player 1-49 or 50....

What messed up is 10-49 is more balance than 50 now because expertise is so messed up.

Edited by IronScarlet