More Questions...not happy today with SWTOR

Residentx_NA

Right now I need to find out where the wiki is for this game. Not a generic stars wars wiki.

I want the link for the SWTOR wiki. Can you provide this? This will help me greatly because I do the non-gaming task like knowledge aquisition offline and not during my rare gaming periods.

Thanks again for your time...

Someone else may be able to direct you to a SWTOR wiki, there's not one I use, but a good place for information is the "New Player Fleet Pass" thread stickied at the top here. Just dip in whenever you have time and have a look through some of the threads. There is some good information distilled in there, which saves having to trawl these forums for the occasional tidbit of good advice :)

Not to be mean or anything, but honestly the easiest way to fix your problems is to just find another game. Sure somethings are in SWTOR that aren't in other MMOs, and something other MMOs have that SWTOR doesn't. I understand you have only about an hour or so to play, but if you're spending the hour finding complaints with the game, then it may be time to just let your subscription run out and find another game?

There are other things you can do in the game to. You can always just PvP for an hour, and considering your specs you should be able to handle PvP. Its a great way to level, and should easily help you wipe the floor with that boss you can't beat. If needed you can also get other people to help you out. Plenty of nice people out there!

The whole bandwidth problem you have I can understand, but I can't complain about the game. My computer is no where near yours, and I run the game just fine. I lag randomly, but I still have very few issues with the game. I agree on the speeder thing, but the terrain is nice, and the best way to level is to fight your way through the area! Also, maybe the Sith Inquisitor just isn't your class? Try out a different class, such as the Bounty Hunter or the Imperial Agent? Fairly simple leveling, and great stories to boot! Otherwise, all I can say is to just simply quit the game and find another, because TBH this game doesn't look like your cup of tea!

Not to be mean or anything, but honestly the easiest way to fix your problems is to just find another game.

Gotta say, this is probably the best advice in the thread.

Sure... There are certainly some issues with SWTOR that need to be fixed... But many (most?) of these complaints are either with the MMOG genre in general, or with specific design decisions that make SWTOR the game that it is.

Almost every MMO, hunh?

City of Heroes isn't like this...

Star Trek Online isn't like this...

DCUO isn't like this...

Are you sure, because if I recall correctly :

Dying in City of Heroes sends you straight to the nearest hospital/med center, It is a long time since I played that game, but I don't remember any option of resurrecting on the spot.

Also : You are complaining about the travel mechanics in this game, and then you compare it to a game where you have to frikkin wait on the frikkin train to get to the next zone.

Dying in Star Trek sends you back to the beginning of the map.

Never played DC Universe, but I heard Im not the only one in that.

The mechanics and combat in this game are actually very, very easy. And if you cant figure them out even after you obviously clicked away the help/tutorial message, perhaps this is just not your Genre. Especially the notion you don't have a lot of time puts a big question mark over my head as of why you would even attempt to play an MMORPG.

It really does sound like you are intentionally ignoring any conceivable how-to start guides available to you.

This is the first or second thing in the New Player section. If you had enough time to type out this topic, and then go through responses... you have enough time to look at this.

I even searched around for you.

As you can see there are a lot of options.

I'm sure you can find specifics here, with a little noodling.

That took me a total of 6 minutes and 42 seconds to gather, copy, and pasting the links. I timed myself. Firefox is slow on my comp.

So... Yeah.

Almost every MMO, hunh?

DCUO isn't like this...

Ok how about any mmo worth the money to play is like this. Not that I haven't on occasion enjoyed the other games you mention, but they lack the content that you get in the bigger mmo's such as EQ,WoW, EVE and SWTOR

5. Revan's mask. After I got the mask 3 enemies showed up and one hit me and I was sleep standing with my head down forever. I had to logout of the game to recalibrate my character. I wasn't able to screenshot that.

I have had that happen a few times lately. the other night my companion looked like he had narcapelsey

Almost every MMO, hunh?

DCUO isn't like this...

You're right. CoH just docks you exp (debt) instead.

What is correct is that all MMO's have a "death penalty". The one for SWTOR is durability loss on your items (that is, they'll break faster and need fixing sooner) and a self-rez timer that increases with rapid failure- and resets to zero if you just use "return to medcenter" instead. It's there so you don't suicide-click your way through content.

*waves hand* this is not the game you are looking for

I kind of have to agree with this.

Residentx_NA, SWTOR is actually a pretty easy game to play. A bit of reading on these forums, wikis and/or guides, and you can master this game very easily. Leveling and making credits are also very easy.

Perhaps you should try another game. SWTOR is obviously not making you happy, and the objective in playing games is to have fun.

Also, as you've been told in several previous thread, that 4GB Quadro video card is not for gaming, it's for CAD. Games are optimized to run on gaming cards such as ATI and vVidia GeForce. I'm not surprised to read you are experiencing video glitches.

And please learn to use the forum's quote function. It is very easy to use and would make your responses readable.

Edited by Kytea

Almost every MMO, hunh?

In CoH instead of a timer, you have XP Debt, which is actually more punishing then the timer in SWTOR.

STO has a very, very simple death system, not sure about DCUO, but I'd bet it's the same.

Are you sure, because if I recall correctly :

Dying in City of Heroes sends you straight to the nearest hospital/med center, It is a long time since I played that game, but I don't remember any option of resurrecting on the spot.

Also : You are complaining about the travel mechanics in this game, and then you compare it to a game where you have to frikkin wait on the frikkin train to get to the next zone.

Dying in Star Trek sends you back to the beginning of the map.

Never played DC Universe, but I heard Im not the only one in that.

The mechanics and combat in this game are actually very, very easy. And if you cant figure them out even after you obviously clicked away the help/tutorial message, perhaps this is just not your Genre. Especially the notion you don't have a lot of time puts a big question mark over my head as of why you would even attempt to play an MMORPG.

Dying in DCUO, if I remember correctly, resurrected you to a point on the map - basically similar to resurrecting to a med center. So it's a lot like SWTOR, except SWTOR also has the option of waiting resurrect where you are.

Honestly, I can't think of any game that allows you to ressurect on the spot - except for WoW. And only if you played a warlock or shaman. And those abilities had a 30 minute cooldown as well. WoW also allowed you to resurrect where your body is, but there was a built-in timer in that you had to move your ghost to the body. And I think there were additional timers as well before you could release to a ghost.

So really, SWTOR isn't different from any other game I've played.

Edited by amantheil