Hybrid build

RakeHoxven

No. Just, no.

Honestly, I don't think that will work. You just put points in a lot of stuff that simply doesn't make sense. For example, you put THREE points into Saber Storm which increases the critical damage of Blade Rush, Ataru Form, and Blade Storm, except you didn't take Blade Rush or Ataru Form and thereby didn't get any of the skills that make Blade Storm good, so those three points are pretty much wasted. You got all the way to the top of Combat but didn't take Blade Rush -- you really can't spare a point from something like Jedi Crusader or Quick Recovery to get Blade Rush? Although I suppose Blade Rush would be almost pointless without Ataru Form. You do realize Quick Recovery is going to be gone in 1.2, right?

Vin

The build is based around Blade Storm having a 1 focus cost and on a 6 second cooldown alongside the extra roots and armor ignore from combat tree.

That could potentially be pretty brutal Blade Storm spam. Basically just trading out the Ataru procs and combat trance for cheaper faster Blade Storms.

Edited by thepilk

The build is based around Blade Storm having a 1 focus cost and on a 6 second cooldown alongside the extra roots and armor ignore from combat tree.

That could potentially be pretty brutal Blade Storm spam. Basically just trading out the Ataru procs and combat trance for cheaper faster Blade Storms.

very good.

Also a reduced time on all force attacks, 6% increase crit on all attacks (since pvp gives ~30% that is 36%, add the buffs 41% crit. Such is why blade rush and combat trance is not worth it. 6s cooldown bladestorm with 41% crit for 1 focus. Also force sweep on 9s for 1 focus and other fun stuff.

( I posted for more of a timestamp, though discussion is ok )

Edited by RakeHoxven

Except that Blade Storm is a Force Attack and ignores armor anyway. So you are going to be precision striking so that you can spam. . slash, and maybe master strike (though it is a waste of the armor penetration time because of the channel).

Except that Blade Storm is a Force Attack and ignores armor anyway. So you are going to be precision striking so that you can spam. . slash, and maybe master strike (though it is a waste of the armor penetration time because of the channel).

You are forgetting master strike has root from Debiliation. I can 4-6k on one master strike even tanks and they are immobalized for the duration. Force Sweep does a lot more damage after precision I have played this build for a long time I know very well.

Incorrect.

Blade Storm is a force attack, but deal energy damage. Armor applies to it, and useing precision first increase its damage. Granted you still cant get more than 1 in during precsions. but 6 seconds for slash spam is going to hurt too, especially since Shii-Cho Zen makes Slash effect 2 targets and have no focus cost.

Also, on a side note using master strike during precision does realy heavy damage. The Channel time still ends up being about the same rythem of normal attacks given the 1.5 second GCD standard attacks have anyway (exception being Blade Rush during zen.) Since it roots the target in combat you dont have to worry about them going anywhere typically either. After 1.2 Master Strike is giong to be an even better goto, since itllbe hitting 23% harder

Even on its normal cooldown I very regularly get in all 3 swings of Master Strike and a Critical Blade Storm and if they proc 1-2 Ripostes (good for combat since it can be used during GCDs inside precision) in during the 6 second window.

Edited by thepilk

In regards to this hybrid build, precision strike is not a spell it is an attack and has damage, and pretty good damage.

I much prefer it to slash. The animation is much shorter and 15s cooldown is fine because bladestorm on a 6s cooldown and force sweep on 9s and master strike only on 27 stasus only 47s, crippling throw on 12s, pacify, zealous strike only 12s.

Precision strike instead of Slash gives similar damage if not more if it ignores targets armor and then for 6s the opponent is squishy. Might not sound like much but with 4 immobalizations it is very good.

edit: forgot to add can get both a bladestorm and a force sweep or one master strike or spam zen slash.

Edited by RakeHoxven

A Shii-Cho Combat Sentinel, I like it!

In all honesty, my first thought upon looking at it was "Ugh, I got trolled", but after thinking about it for a moment....6-sec 1-Focus Blade Storms and 9-sec 1(or 2?)-Focus Force Sweeps....hmm.....

I like the Ataru version of combat too much to change now, but if I ever roll a Marauder I might consider this just to see how it does!

Pacify is great because in a duel vs a watchman when they pop rebuke, can cripplethrow immobalize and run out of distance until ttheir rebuke ends then hit pacify that has a 10m range while using big damage hits.

they pop saber ward, I pop stasus, if they pop resolute I use another crippleling throw or force camo,

spamming bladestorm and sweep if necessary with a precision and master strike in there. It can get rather fun.

My pvp is pretty successful 1v1 but shines in warzones where immobalizing targets 5 times... Leap, Crippling Throw, Master Strike, Awe, force stasus.

In a rotation cripplinig throws cooldown is done and that means 6 immobalizations, and then if they run out of distance, leaps cooldown is done, and then master strike and it's all groovy all over again lol.

Ok, well I am man enough to admit when I might have been wrong about something. This is one of those times. I went ahead and tried the spec and it is interesting. I can't really tell if I do more damage or not, but it has some nice options. I feel less inhibited because of the extra range/spammability of bladestorm. Here are some points, though:

1. Quick Recovery is changing slightly and moving to the Focus Tree (replacing Stagger, which is going to Combat). It will offer increased damage to smash.

2. Zephyr is getting changed completely. After 1.2, the minimum cooldown you'll be able to get on bladestorm is 9 s.

3. I still don't know if the three points in Saber Storm are worth it. I woul almost recommend putting some into swift slash and maybe picking up Zealous Leap for even more mobility (they are adding an immobilize affect to Zealous Leap in 1.2, and don't forget that it works against targets in cover!)

4. Focus management with this build is very easy.

5. In 1.2, Fleetfooted will give +30% Transcendence speed!

Ok, so for 1.2 I was thinking. . No more quick recovery, put those into Valor (which will be a Tier 1 skill now) for increased centering generation. Take the points of of Saber Storm and Debilitation and maybe put them in Swift Slash, Second Wind, Saber Strength and Zealous Leap, or maybe even into focused slash. . I'll have to examine/test this some more.

Nice creativity on this build.

Vin