Post 1.2 DPS

HavocMaster

So, I have seen hundreds of posts saying that Merc was nerfed in both healing and DPS to the point where they are useless. Is this true, or am I just seeing the doomsayer posts that accompany every new patch?

If you are spec'd Arsenl, your TM will generate same heat (16) and have same activation time (1.5 sec). It will do 10% less damage. Barage will proc more often for Unload and your HSM will do 10% more damage. DFA will have a smaller AOE (5m instead of 8m), and you defensive effect from TM will go from 2% per stack to 1%.

Overall, I'd say DPS may increase if you spam TM at the Minimum rate to get Barage and at least 4 stack of heat sig. If you ultra spam TM, you will lose DPS. So if you were a good Arsenal Merc, you will be better in 1.2. If you were a bad one, you will be worse.

If you are spec'd Arsenl, your TM will generate same heat (16) and have same activation time (1.5 sec). It will do 10% less damage. Barage will proc more often for Unload and your HSM will do 10% more damage. DFA will have a smaller AOE (5m instead of 8m), and you defensive effect from TM will go from 2% per stack to 1%.

Overall, I'd say DPS may increase if you spam TM at the Minimum rate to get Barage and at least 4 stack of heat sig. If you ultra spam TM, you will lose DPS. So if you were a good Arsenal Merc, you will be better in 1.2. If you were a bad one, you will be worse.

You do realize that reducing the stack on TM from 2% to 1% means people are going to have to spam TM twice as much in order to be effective(even more true for group situations when everyone is going to expect to see the mobs stacked up to max), the tweaks to HSM and unload are nice, but they are not going to offset what we're losing with the 10% TM nerf, not to mention the reduced radius of DFA......... HOW do you figure you're going to do "more" dps? Or are you simply trying to remain optimistic?

You do realize that reducing the stack on TM from 2% to 1% means people are going to have to spam TM twice as much in order to be effective(even more true for group situations when everyone is going to expect to see the mobs stacked up to max), the tweaks to HSM and unload are nice, but they are not going to offset what we're losing with the 10% TM nerf, not to mention the reduced radius of DFA......... HOW do you figure you're going to do "more" dps? Or are you simply trying to remain optimistic?

I believe the reduction is dropping the Sheild proc from using TM from 2% per stack to 1% per stack which means we will only have 5% damage reduction at full stacks instead of 10%. This affects our survivability not out damage.

I believe the reduction is dropping the Sheild proc from using TM from 2% per stack to 1% per stack which means we will only have 5% damage reduction at full stacks instead of 10%. This affects our survivability not out damage.

You're right, misunderstood, you and him are talking about power barrier, thought they decided to nerf our armor reduction stacks also.

Because instead of listening to people whine ont he forums and take it as face falue, He listens to people like me who are actually on the PTS and testing and posting about my results.

As arsenal - we got both a sustained and burst damage buff.

Fact is that I can get over 5k crits with heatseeker on players wearing full BM - on the PTS - and on the PTS Full BM gives almost 20% ddmg reduction.

As for pve - your barrage procs a LOT more - and unload is our highest damaging and most efficient ability.

So in PVE you are able to Manage heat better - get more of our best ability off, heatseekers hit harder on top of that.

Some people just think arsenal is all about spamming tracer missile - and it's not - tracer is now, and always will be, a filler ability.

If you are a tracer spammer - you will become even worse at the class than you are now.

If you knew your class well, and knew your rotation before 1.2 hits - then nothing will change except you will be doing higher sustainable and higher burst.

If you knew your class well, and knew your rotation before 1.2 hits - then nothing will change except you will be doing higher sustainable and higher burst.

I'm sorry, by "rotation" you mean four abilities whenever they are feasibly ready? You're a messiah! I doubt anyone was doing that before.

I'm sorry, by "rotation" you mean four abilities whenever they are feasibly ready? You're a messiah! I doubt anyone was doing that before.

who cares whether it's known or not - if it was known by everyone then there would be more ************ about HSM than tracer and that would have gotten nerfed instead.

I don't care what anyone like you thinks to be honest. All I care about is the actual numbers, I have tested it, and I have proven the "nerfed to be ineffective" cries to be 100% untrue, in fact it is the complete opposite.

You would be surprised how many idiots are out there just spamming tracer.

Now, if you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say, please go away.

who cares whether it's known or not - if it was known by everyone then there would be more ************ about HSM than tracer and that would have gotten nerfed instead.

I don't care what anyone like you thinks to be honest. All I care about is the actual numbers, I have tested it, and I have proven the "nerfed to be ineffective" cries to be 100% untrue, in fact it is the complete opposite.

You would be surprised how many idiots are out there just spamming tracer.

Now, if you don't have anything constructive or intelligent to say, please go away.

You haven't proven anything to anyone..... no offense, but you have no combat logs pre 1.2 to compare against, you have no idea if you're gaining or losing dps, you're just guessing.

edit: and I bet that big 5 meter DFA is really helpfull ehh? might as well have just taken the ability from us completely because now it's pretty much useless.

Edited by MagnisLupus

You haven't proven anything to anyone..... no offense, but you have no combat logs pre 1.2 to compare against, you have no idea if you're gaining or losing dps, you're just guessing.

edit: and I bet that big 5 meter DFA is really helpfull ehh? might as well have just taken the ability from us completely because now it's pretty much useless.

Because DFA really did a lot in pvp?

Sure, there are occasions where a well placed DFA would be very effective, but for the most part people used it just to up their warzone numbers.

And a lot of people don't realize that the difference between 5 and 8 meters - isn't really all that much. If you were using it right to begin with - again - you won't see a noticable difference except you will hit them with more damage before they move out of it because it hits and ticks faster now.

Even without logs on live I know that my Heatseekers are hitting way harder - my tracer missiles are hitting for almost as much as they did on live anyways, and barrage is proccing almost twice as much as it does on live.

All of that adds up to a buff - not a nerf.

Again - you aren't on the PTS testing - you don't know how the changes actually work, and it seems like you don't really know anything about the class either so quit spewing nonsense.

In arsenal spec they just changed our skill order and priorities a bit - not bad at all, and if anything I think we'll see a minor dps increase as people become used to it.

Bodyguard spec? They nerfed it into a hole six feet deep and filled it with the defecation of every bioware employee. Post 1.2 Merc Healers will be a rare, sadistic breed.

Let's put it this way. In the current 1.2 on the PTS a Bodyguard actually now looses some healing bonus when he pops Supercharged Gas. That's right SGC now causes you to heal less. You're better off just staying at 30 charges. The only reason now to pop SGC is if you want to spam your heals - but wait, they increased the cost - you can't spam them! And the kolto DR buff? 10% was small, but usefull. 5% is tiny and unnoticeable.

Honestly, I could of coped with most of every other nerf, even the freaking kolto shell nerf. But nerfing SCG so hard that you're better off not using it?

I'll miss healing on my bodyguard.

Because DFA really did a lot in pvp?

Sure, there are occasions where a well placed DFA would be very effective, but for the most part people used it just to up their warzone numbers.

And a lot of people don't realize that the difference between 5 and 8 meters - isn't really all that much. If you were using it right to begin with - again - you won't see a noticable difference except you will hit them with more damage before they move out of it because it hits and ticks faster now.

Even without logs on live I know that my Heatseekers are hitting way harder - my tracer missiles are hitting for almost as much as they did on live anyways, and barrage is proccing almost twice as much as it does on live.

All of that adds up to a buff - not a nerf.

Again - you aren't on the PTS testing - you don't know how the changes actually work, and it seems like you don't really know anything about the class either so quit spewing nonsense.

Not everyone pvps..... the DFA nerf is going to affect PVE far greater than it will PVP..... i could almost live with the TM nerf if not for this, and this is going to affect every BH, not just arsenal mercs.... DFA IS a BHs opening move and they cut it nearly in half.

And PTS is completely pointless in that there is no way to accurately compare PRE vs POST, and if BW chooses to not adjust based on player feedback... and they seem to be alrerady dead set on pushing this stuff through, so why bother?