Selectable saber stances

Norkei

Wouldn't it be sick if we could hold a lightsaber like a Jedi knight while being a sage, or a Sith warrior? Or maybe use certain abilities like the opposite faction's equivalents. I just thought It'd be nice to hear other players' opinion on the matter :) Edited by Norkei

Wouldn't it be sick if we could hold a lightsaber like a Jedi knight while being a sage, or a Sith warrior? Or maybe use certain abilities like the opposite faction's equivalents. I just thought It'd be nice to hear other players' opinion on the matter :)

I actually wish they'd also tied some of the animations to LS/DS.

A light side sith warrior channelling rage to heal doesn't make much sense, neither does a dark side Jedi meditating to heal.

Little changes like this could add a lot of flavour to the game IMO.

I like this idea. Sounds like something fun that could be implemented through the legacy systems.

For example, a "reverse-hand" lightsaber style like in Force unleashed would really stand out and would be a pretty nice incentive to rack up legacy XP (for me at least) .

lots of work for those animators though. I wonder if any are still on the dev team

I actually wish they'd also tied some of the animations to LS/DS.

A light side sith warrior channelling rage to heal doesn't make much sense, neither does a dark side Jedi meditating to heal.

Little changes like this could add a lot of flavour to the game IMO.

what? you relize that being lightside has nothing at all to do with how sith use and gain their force power. that in fact lightside/darkside has very little to do with the sith/jedi at all?

I like this idea. Sounds like something fun that could be implemented through the legacy systems.

For example, a "reverse-hand" lightsaber style like in Force unleashed would really stand out and would be a pretty nice incentive to rack up legacy XP (for me at least) .

lots of work for those animators though. I wonder if any are still on the dev team

whoever thought that stance was a good idea is a moron and should be flayed. its beyond stupid and in a great many ways more immersion breaking than the majority of the crap whined about on these forums.

So, what is the difference between a Lightsaber stance and a Lightsaber form? Are we talking something that's purely cosmetic?

forms are different fighting styles, stances are how the weapons are held. it appears what they want is purely cosmetic, but would be a bit of a pain in terms of how much additional animation would be needed.

@op based on what you have stated, i assume that this would be based on a "package" so you would need to completely change up pretty much all of ones animations currently in game. also, how do you plan on getting around the visual style in terms of knowing what attacks look like in pvp, or how do you plan to balance this among the others acs, since giving this kind of costumization to force users but not non force users would cause a riot on the forums.

So, what is the difference between a Lightsaber stance and a Lightsaber form? Are we talking something that's purely cosmetic?
Yes, we are talking about something cosmetic.

I'd be for this; I hate how Guardians hold their sabers. Makes be think of a drunk guy clutching a street lamp in order to stay on his feet.

what? you relize that being lightside has nothing at all to do with how sith use and gain their force power. that in fact lightside/darkside has very little to do with the sith/jedi at all?

Then why do DS Sith and Jedi get force corruption and red glowly eyes on both sides?

This also pretty much says the opposite of what you are saying.

Really, if you don't know what you're talking about it's better to remain silent. :csw_yoda:

Edited by Goretzu

Then why do DS Sith and Jedi get force corruption and red glowly eyes on both sides?

This also pretty much says the opposite of what you are saying.

Really, if you don't know what you're talking about it's better to remain silent. :csw_yoda:

yeah, and that has been changed within the game sphere itself, for right or wrong. this setting doesnt support that at all.

plus, there is the ever present fact that immersion breaking or not, there are stretches that must be made to maintain balance. lightsabers not one shotting things for example.

yeah, and that has been changed within the game sphere itself, for right or wrong. this setting doesnt support that at all.

plus, there is the ever present fact that immersion breaking or not, there are stretches that must be made to maintain balance. lightsabers not one shotting things for example.

So within the context of the game (or the EU or the films) there'd be nothing wrong with a Darkside Jedi Knight channelling his rage to heal rather than meditating.

Would go well as a legacy thing along with being able to choose light saber animations.

So within the context of the game (or the EU or the films) there'd be nothing wrong with a Darkside Jedi Knight channelling his rage to heal rather than meditating.

Would go well as a legacy thing along with being able to choose light saber animations.

except there is, since at that point he loses part of what makes him "jedi".

honestly, if you want to start this into a philosophical debate on "what is jedi and what is sith" go right ahead. either way its a very fine line between lore, game balance, and keeping distinct look and feel for the classes and alignments you are playing.

except there is, since at that point he loses part of what makes him "jedi".

honestly, if you want to start this into a philosophical debate on "what is jedi and what is sith" go right ahead. either way its a very fine line between lore, game balance, and keeping distinct look and feel for the classes and alignments you are playing.

There's more than a few examples of light-sided Sith (quoting the Jedi code, in fact) in the game. :)

A light-sided Sith wouldn't be channelling his rage, he'd be meditating to heal and vice versa, nothing you have said so far has refuted that.

There's more than a few examples of light-sided Sith (quoting the Jedi code, in fact) in the game. :)

A light-sided Sith wouldn't be channelling his rage, he'd be meditating to heal and vice versa, nothing you have said so far has refuted that.

really, cause the sith code kinda kills that. if anything both of my fully "lightside" characters in game (inquisitor and warrior) are far more "grey" than actually light if you are going entirely by codes of conduct.

really, cause the sith code kinda kills that. if anything both of my fully "lightside" characters in game (inquisitor and warrior) are far more "grey" than actually light if you are going entirely by codes of conduct.

Bioware doesn't seem to think so, several of their quests characters do just that (and vice versa on the Republic side).

Which goes back to the thought that animations like the ones mentioned would make more sense tied to DS/LS alignenment rather than faction choice.

Edited by Goretzu

Bioware doesn't seem to think so, several of their quests characters do just that (and vice versa on the Republic side).

Which goes back to the thought that animations like the ones mentioned would make more sense tied to DS/LS alignenment rather than faction choice.

mind pointing out where exactly, since i havent seen them on either of my 50s, 38 vanguard, 27 mercenary, or 18 sniper.

infact the very few story mobs that we actually know what side they are on are all acting accordingly.

not saying that the game isnt true to form, and holds perfect on everything, there are choices that npcs have that players do not, which is a good thing imo, since it is biowares story.

Wouldn't it be sick if we could hold a lightsaber like a Jedi knight while being a sage, or a Sith warrior? Or maybe use certain abilities like the opposite faction's equivalents. I just thought It'd be nice to hear other players' opinion on the matter :)
be nice if the shadow could use just a normal light saber but hold it like the guy of force unleashed

be nice if the shadow could use just a normal light saber but hold it like the guy of force unleashed

no. have you actually tried to emulate those moves? its incredibly awkward and horribly unrealistic. you may think it looks cool but i honestly find it offensive.

also, for weapon switching, on top of the whole issue of nerfing yourself as an assassin/shadow since double bladed does more damage than single, i dont see this kind of a change being made for pvp reasons. especially with the upcoming changes to social gear and crafted gear in general, its fast becoming one of the very few ways to determine what ac of what class you are fighting. those kinds of snap judgements are make or break in pvp, especially in a rated scenario.

Agreed, Can't stand the sith warrior stance, it's just an attempt to make the sith warrior look "pissed" to portray their cliche anger, even though the anger is more deeply psychological than just "GAH! I WANT TO KILL SOMETHING!"...most of the time.

mind pointing out where exactly, since i havent seen them on either of my 50s, 38 vanguard, 27 mercenary, or 18 sniper.

infact the very few story mobs that we actually know what side they are on are all acting accordingly.

not saying that the game isnt true to form, and holds perfect on everything, there are choices that npcs have that players do not, which is a good thing imo, since it is biowares story.

One is in the Dark Temple, that's the only one I can remember off hand, if I think of the others I'll post them.

But everything in game and out side the game points to a DS Jedi Knight channelling rage to heal rather than meditating and vice versa.