The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Issue with Flashpoint and Ops loot?

Kruxxor

Recently I have levelled my Bounty Hunter Powertech tank to 50 and have been trying to gear him up to tank Hard Mode Flash Points and Operations, I have noticed a certain trend in the loot drops, however.

Since beginning the grind for gear I have done numerous Hard Mode Flashpoints as well as 3 Operations, all of which no Bounty Hunter items dropped, until last night.

With every Hard Mode Flash Point that I have done, I have been the only Bounty Hunter in the group, and also have been the tank. Every hard mode flash point I have done Warrior gear drops, even though there's no warrior in the group.

This has happened 10+ times

With the Operations, this has also rang true, no warrior is in the group, yet an abundance of warrior loot is dropped.

(Keep in mind that during the operations we were Sorcerer heavy and a LOT of Sorcerer loot dropped. Only 1 Imperial Agent was in the Operation and 1 Imperial Agent item dropped)

Last night was the exception, with 2 bits of Bounty Hunter gear dropping, however this time there was a Mercenary DPS in the group.

This leads me to believe that the loot that gets dropped in the game is a little less random, I think that the game checks the equipment of the people inside the flashpoint and generates loot for that class / character, however, being Endurance heavy and in heavy armour, it must assume that I am a warrior, thus is throwing warrior loot in my face.

Is there any other Powertech that is noticing the same trend, or is it just a run of bad luck for me?

Thanks.

Took two months to get everything I needed from Operations on the PT.

Getting carried by my guild on my fresh level 50 OP this week, she ended up walking out with a full dps set of Rakata, MH / OH, and double Rakata Chest and all =/

Then again we always get about 80% IA loot in our raids. Next patch should make it easier since they take group comp or something like that in to consideration when doing drops.