ArmsTech VS armourMech in 1.2

JohnyHoward

If I were you, I wouldn't trust bioware to fix anything in 1.2

Simple fact is, they think it's fine now.

I have crafted 27 Rakata Field Medic's Belts in attempts to get one with a augment. That's 216 Mandalorian Irons and 27 Biometric Crystal Alloys.

Easily 10million credits worth of items that resulted in nothing but vendor trash since it's all BOP, and cant be REed.

Atleast 10 million credits worth of mats for nothing but 20k sold to the vendor.

Bioware feels it's not necessary to compensate me because "it's working as intended".

Don't do crewskills.

Bioware is incompetent and the risk is in no way worth the reward.

It depends on how much time you have to play & how much you want to invest into crafting your own equipment.

If you mostly PvE doing guild Operations & you only intend to play 1 character then that character will benefit most of all by being a biochem.

However if you are spreading you time across multiple characters or are interested in doing many of the crafts you may want to take a very different approach.

If you are only wanting 1 craft to support you financially, it's tricker still, as it will depend on so many variables it will be hard to choose, however if this is the caae then the 3 most GTN friendly crafts are Artifice/Synthweaving/Armormech to a lesser degree Cybertech & trailing way behind is Armstech, my criteria is the scope & range of items that actually sell on the GTN.

Or, you could forgo spending time on creating items & buying or learning recipes & become a "profiteer" Slicing, Archaeology & Bioanalysis missions & gathering from nodes will net you the best time vs money, selling your farmed items to others crafting. (though Underworld trading can get you Mandalorian Iron which holds it's value quite well & could be interchangeable with Archaeology).

They also said all crew skills in 1.2 will be viable.....

Ok another question as of now Armstech or armourmech?

Having read the 1.2 notes quite extensively I do not think anything was done to directly address the underlying disparity between the crafts, Armstech is still by far the most useless crew skill after 1.2 because of the range of items that will actually be saleable in the in-game economy, right now it's just barrels & once at 400 the orange weapons, the bulk of the crafting for Armstech consists of items that do not sell, and no matter how many different weapons it has it only caters for 2 slots on your character. All 1.2 adds to it is a few augments & perhaps a couple of upgraded barrels it still has a far more limited inventory & the smallest slice of the "character pie"

So, given a choice between just Armor or Arms go with Armor imo.

Yeah Im already lvl 400 cybertech on my main... was going to lvl my alt as biochem but then Heard there buffing armstech/.armourmech... so as my alt is a BH... I think I might try one of them? Or should I just stick with biochem?

Biochem's better on a main, but as you've already levelled that char it's not a bad idea to level up a Biochem alt, you will be able to craft your own consumables at cost & while you lose out a little from the perks of Biochem it's not anything like as drastic a bonus as it once was and will likely be all but murdered by 1.2 with the OPS changes (only 1 medpack per combat = 1 per boss fight basically), though for PvP more complex a situation.

There is an excellent guide stickied at the top of the crew skill sub-forum that's worth a once-over if you plan on getting further into crafting & may sway you to change what skills you pick for which alts, I wish I'd seen it sooner.

Having read the 1.2 notes quite extensively I do not think anything was done to directly address the underlying disparity between the crafts, Armstech is still by far the most useless crew skill after 1.2 because of the range of items that will actually be saleable in the in-game economy, right now it's just barrels & once at 400 the orange weapons, the bulk of the crafting for Armstech consists of items that do not sell, and no matter how many different weapons it has it only caters for 2 slots on your character. All 1.2 adds to it is a few augments & perhaps a couple of upgraded barrels it still has a far more limited inventory & the smallest slice of the "character pie"

arms tec is not useless ..... You can craft crits weapons and crit barrels ? Have you played the test sever to see how useless it is nope i bet not... I bet you just saying that because you dont like arms tec arms tec can make augments of different kinds and so can other crafts make different kinds of augments... So the fact that arms tec can crit barrels and guns is awsome :p.

I have crafted 27 Rakata Field Medic's Belts in attempts to get one with a augment. That's 216 Mandalorian Irons and 27 Biometric Crystal Alloys.

Easily 10million credits worth of items that resulted in nothing but vendor trash since it's all BOP, and cant be REed.

Atleast 10 million credits worth of mats for nothing but 20k sold to the vendor.

Bioware feels it's not necessary to compensate me because "it's working as intended".

Don't do crewskills.

wow really lol.....

Biochem's better on a main, but as you've already levelled that char it's not a bad idea to level up a Biochem alt, you will be able to craft your own consumables at cost & while you lose out a little from the perks of Biochem it's not anything like as drastic a bonus as it once was and will likely be all but murdered by 1.2 with the OPS changes (only 1 medpack per combat = 1 per boss fight basically), though for PvP more complex a situation.

There is an excellent guide stickied at the top of the crew skill sub-forum that's worth a once-over if you plan on getting further into crafting & may sway you to change what skills you pick for which alts, I wish I'd seen it sooner.

Hey! thx thats the sort of answer I was looking for...

I'm under the impression that armstech sucks but... how MUCH better is armourMech? Is armourmech that MUCH better? Should I ever bother? Just Stick with Biochem?

Hey! thx thats the sort of answer I was looking for...

I'm under the impression that armstech sucks but... how MUCH better is armourMech? Is armourmech that MUCH better? Should I ever bother? Just Stick with Biochem?

well armor tec can make crit armor and you can learn alot of recipes bye revese enginering them so its up to you man do what you will....Or make a alt up to your i plan on making alts just to have it.

Edited by ninjashadowdark

arms tec is not useless ..... You can craft crits weapons and crit barrels ? Have you played the test sever to see how useless it is nope i bet not... I bet you just saying that because you dont like arms tec arms tec can make augments of different kinds and so can other crafts make different kinds of augments... So the fact that arms tec can crit barrels and guns is awsome :p.

I consider it useless to make money with, which was the gist of the OP query.

Crit weapons, crit barrels & like I said compare that "2 pieces of the character Pie" to Cybertech, Artifice, Armorormech & look at how much more those others offer in terms of share of the pie & yes it's really very limited in direct comparison.

Now go look on the GTN & look up how much variety is offered by Armstech on there, it is woefully lacking, it is without doubt the single most limited crew skill on offer & by a big margin.

I consider it useless to make money with, which was the gist of the OP query.

Crit weapons, crit barrels & like I said compare that "2 pieces of the character Pie" to Cybertech, Artifice, Armorormech & look at how much more those others offer in terms of share of the pie & yes it's really very limited in direct comparison.

Now go look on the GTN & look up how much variety is offered by Armstech on there, it is woefully lacking, it is without doubt the single most limited crew skill on offer & by a big margin.

like i said if you dont know much about it i suggest you read the patch notes and do the test sever before you judge and complain about it :p.Arms tec can craft mod for crit slots so its not useless and it does more so.. Then again before you respond oh its uselessgo to the test sever ^^

Edited by ninjashadowdark

Armstech sucks pretty bad now, yeah. After the patch they'll be able to make orange vibroknives (which currently do not exist) so imperial agents will love them. They'll also be able to make some of the augments. Is that enough? no

They have not finished. If you read their blogs, tweets, they stated that there are four pages of patch notes to be introduced in 1.2. In short, all of the notes are not up yet.

I've made over 20 million credits with Armstech, so not exactly sure how you can say its useless. And I've never crafted or sold 1 barrel.

rofl this made me laugh when i woke up...20 mil off armstech lol

Lol,

I try to to tell you that Armstech is not useless and hint how by saying skip making barrels and you automatically assume I'm full of crap.

Try looking on The Harbinger and searching for Ranged Pistols and Sniper rifles. Techstaves, Vibroknives, Techblades and Vibroswords.

Seller Aphrae or Blacksmith.

Companion weapons is how you make money with Armstech. Also people levelling alts with plenty of spare credits from their level 50's don't mind shelling out some big bucks for epic weapons.

20 million was a rough estimate its probably closer to 30. But whatever.

I agree. Armstech is pretty bad right now. I picked it for my smuggler, and I am STRONGLY thinking of changing to biochem or armortech.

I am at about 390 armstech.

The only thing I have been able to craft for my smuggler are:

barrels and crit crafted scattergrun. That is really it. Oh, you can say arms for my companions, but I find that I can just as good stuff on drops or on the GTN, so its a wash.

You cant RE scatterguns, vibroswords, techblades etc. currently, but in 1.2 you will be able to.

Armstech just feels incredibly lacking IMO.

now I just have to suck it up and decide between biochem or armortech. :(

Theoretically, if every skill has "in demand" items, supply/demand should balance profit out.

If armstech isn't as profitable as skill X, more people will choose skil X over armstech. Supply for skill X items will go up, price will go down, profit will go down.

So you'd end up expecting to see armstech selling less items than other skills (if there are less items in demand) but a bigger profit margin per item.

Lol,

I try to to tell you that Armstech is not useless and hint how by saying skip making barrels and you automatically assume I'm full of crap.

Try looking on The Harbinger and searching for Ranged Pistols and Sniper rifles. Techstaves, Vibroknives, Techblades and Vibroswords.

Seller Aphrae or Blacksmith.

Companion weapons is how you make money with Armstech. Also people levelling alts with plenty of spare credits from their level 50's don't mind shelling out some big bucks for epic weapons.

20 million was a rough estimate its probably closer to 30. But whatever.

This guy might be over estimating a little bit but he might not be as well. I've made close to 10 million with armstech, selling blue quality items that people want for their companions and I wasn't trying very hard. If I had concentrated on it I could have easily made more, for example I only recently started selling vibroswords. The few of us that use armstech correctly make a killing because of attitudes like the ones shown in this thread that it is useless. I pretty much have a monopoly on my server because no one else makes the items I sell.

In terms of 1.2 armstech will only get better since the augments we'll be able to make will be some of the most in demand in my opinion. Also you'll be able to RE vibroknives and scatterguns which should bring in even more money.

Edited by TyeWebb

Don't do crewskills.

Ignore him, tends to complain alot, go with Armortech for your alt...

Since you already have a 400 cybertech, I'm assuming you'll have close to maxed out scavenging and U.T.?

Armormech uses those exact mats so you'll have a very easy time getting mats to level your Armormech. That will let you take 2 different gathering professions like slicing, arch, etc., purely for profit purposes. Plus, slicing can get you crafting missions and augments right now so that's a little bonus imo.