What to do with PVP rewards?

JohnyHoward

Can someone please give me some insight on what I should do with my War zone and Mercenary commendations?

I know 1.2 will bring big changes....And I'm only lvl 45 and have atm 800 war zone commendations and 800 Mercenary commendations.

My question is... What should I do with these? I'm about to max out on both... Should I buy battle master tokens for 1k/1k ? Just buy companion/random gear? what will happen to my mercenary commendations If I don't spend them ?

What do I DO!?

Yeah that's what I figured... But whats the best thing I should be buying with them that wont become useless?? what about the 1k/1k Battle master tokens? are they becoming useless?

EDIT : I should add im a bit newb....

Edited by JohnyHoward

wrong...

does anyone read anything on this site besides forum threads?

there was a whole Q&A on this and the 1.2 PVP update states that you will still be able to trade them in on a one for one basis. in no way are they useless.

EDIT: lvl 45 and 800/800 is not newb, btw. you may be new to the game (welcome!) but youve put in some time.

oh and by "them", i mean merc commendations. you can trade them in for full credit to warzone commendations, which will be the sole commendation you need, post 1.2

Edited by techslave

wrong...

does anyone read anything on this site besides forum threads?

there was a whole Q&A on this and the 1.2 PVP update states that you will still be able to trade them in on a one for one basis. in no way are they useless.

EDIT: lvl 45 and 800/800 is not newb, btw. you may be new to the game (welcome!) but youve put in some time.

oh and by "them", i mean merc commendations. you can trade them in for full credit to warzone commendations, which will be the sole commendation you need, post 1.2

oh ok..... So I should just keep both merc and warzone commendations maxed then? that way I will be able to have 2k warzone commendations (because of limit raise) after 1.2 hits?

oh ok..... So I should just keep both merc and warzone commendations maxed then? that way I will be able to have 2k warzone commendations (because of limit raise) after 1.2 hits?

That's definitely one option. But I think another question here is what's your Valor rank? Cause if you've managed to keep your valor capped, then I'd suggest hit 50, and try to get up to valor 65 to buy the Korealis (sp?) pvp speeder before it goes away in 1.2 And if you can't manage is before 1.2 hits, well, buy the Longspur. Yeah, the Longspur will still be around in 1.2 for 1500 Warzone instead of 750 of each. But since the conversion will be 1 - 1 it's the same buying it now as after since you've already got the merc comms.

Not... entirely accurate.

You are trading those Mercs for warzone comms at a loss. Each merc comm cost 3 warzone comms to purchase, and you get 1 - 1 trade when 1.2 hits.

That should not be considered "full credit".

Your best bet: OP

Is to buy one of the faster speeder bikes OR buy a champion bag, save Merc/War back up to 1000/1000 and hit 50 BEFORE 1.2. You can then buy 5 additional champ bags the moment you hit 50.

You can then spend the champ/cent tokens on gear, or save them for when 1.2 hits and exchange them for the new gear. (might be a loss.. but am not certain)

Just think of Merc comms as a lone shark banking system. You give them 3 dollars, they give you 1 back.

I dont care about the speeders though? whats so good about those speeders?

They are no faster than any other you can buy normally...but they won't be in game any more, only those who have them before 1.2 will have them after

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.