A sandbox should have been better?

rickyard

swg is dead because this game came out not because of subs lucas wanted just 1 starwars mmo and there was no talk of server merge till what 6 years in the game where tor is needing it after launch lol

No, Galaxies died because it sucked.

It sucked worse than Classic Warcraft.

It's dead, buried and everyone spit and danced on it's grave.

Sandboxes get boring just like anything else.

SWG was the most boring MMO i ever played, grind grind grind train......grind grind grind train......do DWB, die......stand in line for an hour to get doc buffs, watch an ent.........grind grind grind train......

No, Galaxies died because it sucked.

It sucked worse than Classic Warcraft.

It's dead, buried and everyone spit and danced on it's grave.

Classic warcraft sucked???????? what are you talking about????

It was (IS) a gem!

SWG was the most boring MMO i ever played, grind grind grind train......grind grind grind train......do DWB, die......stand in line for an hour to get doc buffs, watch an ent.........grind grind grind train......

Sure you lack imagination

BW stated before game was launched that they knew what a sandbox was and planed for it to land it the middle

They missed. Badly.

I doubt we'll ever see any sort of significant sandbox content added to TOR over its lifespan. The developers of Bioware know very well how to make linear single-player games, and they stuck to their comfort zone.

I doubt they would be able to do a sandbox if their lives depended on it. They're good, but they're no Bethesda.

Edited by Bluerodian

swg is dead because this game came out not because of subs lucas wanted just 1 starwars mmo and there was no talk of server merge till what 6 years in the game where tor is needing it after launch lol

SWG didn't need server merges until losing a lot of players because there weren't ever enough players coming into the game that necessitated increasing the number of servers on a large scale as happened with the launch of SWTOR.

If SWG was bleeding numbers at the end of it's run, and SWTOR due to be released, I highly doubt SOE believed they could compete with SWTOR.

Sure you lack imagination

I personally pay MMO companies so they can continue to keep me entertained, i've been in the genre almost 10 years and tbh im not going to pay for a sub so i can work to entertain myself. Imagination has nothing to do with it.

Classic warcraft sucked???????? what are you talking about????

It was (IS) a gem!

Classic Warcraft sucked.

40 man raids took forever to set up, you had people sitting in towns trying to set up dungeon runs for three hours, wait two hours so the party lead and one other party member went to the meeting stone at which by that time the others bailed so you had to go back and do the entire thing all over again. If you rolled a warrior, you were either a tank or you were not playing the game at all.

Classic was a major headache.

Classic Warcraft sucked.

40 man raids took forever to set up, you had people sitting in towns trying to set up dungeon runs for three hours, wait two hours so the party lead and one other party member went to the meeting stone at which by that time the others bailed so you had to go back and do the entire thing all over again. If you rolled a warrior, you were either a tank or you were not playing the game at all.

Classic was a major headache.

Oh you're one of those "new generation" MMO players, I see. Yeah. I imagine effort would be a headache for you.

Crusade sucked. We got fridge box Draenei and Malibu Blood Elf.

The only good expansion was Cataclysm, and that's because it gave the Alliance Worgen.

That's. About. It.

We measure a good expansion based not on the playable races we got, but the content that was released with it.

So u didn´t like draenei and BE? Big deal. Just google around and you´ll see that cataclysm was the worse expansion ever released for wow. Massive exhodus after its release.

Anyway, why are we talking about wow, again?

I personally pay MMO companies so they can continue to keep me entertained, i've been in the genre almost 10 years and tbh im not going to pay for a sub so i can work to entertain myself. Imagination has nothing to do with it.

Try movies in theaters, they can entertain you with no such effort.

I recommend Star Wars Episode I, 3D version, you'll enjoy high quality movies from 21st century and you will not have to click at all.

Try movies in theaters, they can entertain you with no such effort.

I recommend Star Wars Episode I, 3D version, you'll enjoy high quality movies from 21st century and you will not have to click at all.

Kid when you pay my sub you can tell me what the hell do with it, sound fair sport?

And btw way since you love sandbox why not go play one and quit crying about this game?

Edited by TKMaster

Hi there.

As we currently have a thread discussing the themepark feel and lack of sandbox features in SWTOR, and because this thread has rapidly become an ongoing conflict lacking constructive discussion, we'll be closing this thread.

To continue discussing this topic, please feel free and encouraged to visit the following thread and continue participating therein:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=379929

Thanks.