Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Calling all Codex entry collectors

HumanPirhana

I know I can't possibly be the only one. I'm the only one in my decently sized raid focused guild, so I know we're probably a minority, but there have to be others out there like me who have collecting all or as many codex entries as possible one of their goals. How many of us are there out there? How many entries have you gotten so far? Personally I'm sitting on 290 out of however many on my sith inquisitor main. What are the best guides/resources for codex entry hunting? So far I've found SWTOR spy to be fairly useful, would like to hear what other folks think. Has anybody produced any third party utility programs/mods or even spreadsheets to help track or facilitate codex entry collection yet? I played City of Heroes for 7 years before TOR, and badge hunting was a pretty big deal in that game. The Codex doesn't seem nearly as popular here, but maybe it will grow on people as something to do out of combat. Thoughts?

I enjoy it alot aswell myself. I havent really looked much on web sites that gives info about where to find the diffrent codex uppdates. But when ever i hit a new planet or place i usually explore as much as possible whille doing quests/story line to find as many Entries as i can.

How ever, lately iw stoped doing so due to noticing some Codex uppdates being bugged and other not being obtainable unless you play a certain class (for example Dashade speices on Korriban only being obtainable with Inquisitor) and other such things.

Im hoping 1.2 will clear up Alot of the diffrent ones that you cant get, however im worried that IF bioware fixes it they end up doing it in a way so Old chars cant obtain them due to the codex entrie coming from a certain already completed one-time quest etc etc.

Edited by Archdragon

I'm with you! I have almost 300 codex entries (among them I have all the datacrons) on my main! I regretfully gave up my completionist philosophy when I realized that the codex, in its current state, is impossible to complete, since the codex entry list is the same for every character (I mean, everybody has the same number of codex pages to find) but you can reach certain codex pages only on certain classes, so every character will always miss 1 or more pages per planet! The fact that some pages (like some title codex entry) have been removed from the game, but are still listed as missing in the codex, only makes the problem worse! Add to that the fact that some pages are bugged (I haven't found a couple of pages that had to be found by simply playing the class quest on a JK) and you'll lose your hope!

I spent a lot of time initially hunting codex entries. I like reading the lore. Unfortunately I have stopped actively pursuing entries because so many of them are broken. I do not know how it is on the republic side, but on the imperial side it is impossible to finish a lot, if not all, of the planets. I stopped trying after Tattooine.

As near as I can tell this is larely due to things that were counted in beta still being counted in spite of the fact that they are no longer in game. I also suspect some of the entries are counted for all characters in spite of the fact that they are class only.

If Bioware fixes the codex so all the counted entries can be obtained then I will resume acquiring them. Until then though, I will not be wasting my time chasing things that may or may not exist.

I've been collecting Codex entries since I hit 50 and am at exactly half...324 of 648 for Smuggler. I'm curious if the other classes also have 648 as the totality or if it's different for each class.

I've been enjoying heading back to the all planets and soaking in the sights and aesthetics but the biggest pain are the bugged entries that can't be obtained. Still hasn't deterred me from collecting them... :D

SWTOR Spy is the best place I've found but the forums are always a decent resource. There are some stickies about the bugged entries which I've found useful:

Republic - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=292539

Imperial - http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=104803

i done this in SWG, i had 330 badges when i quit, but SWG had the magnificent almost all items tradeable, so manage to get all armors, weapons, speeders, statues, animals, mounts.

swtor almost all are BoP so i focus only to get all speeders and CRAP storage capacity

not to mention that many codexes are buged (i.e. trooper's item modification)

also have lesser time now to play

Edited by Kissakias

I have 430 done on my Trooper, Out of 647. I will get it completed one day. The biggest amount of info I've found to be useful is leveling alt's. As I've ran across many things I missed with my main leveling him, Then taking him back to the places I found new things from my alts.

• 2 weeks later...

593/728 Total

- 3/0 (Bugged/Blank section)

- 67/67 Datacrons

- 91/123 Epic Enemies (a lot I just haven't gotten around to)

- 18/21 PvP (One of the new Denova ones is bugged and I'm missing two from Ilum which may be bugged)

- 29/61 Titles (Big Time, Warlord, Elite Warlord, Deprogrammer not yet obtained, and a bunch of bugged/invalid ones)

- 58/63 Beastiary (other five are either bugged or well hidden)

- 14/14 Crew Skills

- 9/9 Events

- 12/13 Game Rules (last one seems bugged)

- 98/105 Locations (no clue what six of the last seven are, Sith Academy seems bugged)

- 86/107 Lore (all missing ones bugged pre-1.2 except possibly two from FE which may only be on Normal)

- 42/48 Organizations (last six bugged or well hidden)

- 40/47 Persons of Note (2 are from flashpoints I haven't run, other five seem bugged or well hidden)

- 14/14 Planets

- 3/3 Ships

- 9/39 Species (THIRTY that are bugged or well hidden)

All of my individual sections added up would result in:

593/734 - So that's 6 that might have been taken out of the game that haven't had their section totals recalculated.

Would be nice if this could get fixed into something that can actually be completed. Would love to see 728/728.

Edited by Semitote

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.