1.2 Why the nerf to assault commando?

Niconogood

It was already the weakest PvP spec in the game between all classes. Why the nerfbat to the nuts? Was it just to get to vanguard? Was it to gimp the damage commando medics could do? Cause I dont see any justification of nerfing assaultcommandos in particular, so I will just assume it was collateral damage, and this spec got rendered useless in your overall nerfcrusade against the commandos in general.

10% reduction on dps for a skill that is required to finish the cd on HiB (i.e used often) it is an issue. Further more in comparison with vanguard our skills to finish the cd on HiB are weapon damage which can be easily defended vs the elemental and tech abilities vangs have to proc HiB. Anyway the devs have to redesign the trees of commando or allow us to switch advanced classes.

10% reduction on dps for a skill that is required to finish the cd on HiB (i.e used often) it is an issue. Further more in comparison with vanguard our skills to finish the cd on HiB are weapon damage which can be easily defended vs the elemental and tech abilities vangs have to proc HiB. Anyway the devs have to redesign the trees of commando or allow us to switch advanced classes.

hi, thanks for bothering to read my post in its entirety before replying.

i understand it was quite lengthy, so that must have been difficult for you.

Edited by oaceen

hi, thanks for bothering to read my post in its entirety before replying.

i understand it was quite lengthy, so that must have been difficult for you.

Hmmmm I wasnt aiming to reply to your post but to point out the reduction of charged bolts dps hinders more the dps of Assault tree for commando.

Wasnt it clear ? If by any means anything i wrote offended you i do apologise :)

Edited by Keinhoran

Hmmmm I wasnt aiming to reply to your post but to point out the reduction of charged bolts dps hinders more the dps of Assault tree for commando.

Wasnt it clear ? If by any means anything i wrote offended you i do apologise :)

nevermind then.

but that's not the point i was making.

commando assault sucks compared to vanguard anyway, reduction the efficacy of charged bolts isn't really going to kill it (certainly it affects in a negative way, sure) since it's already pretty awful.

Why CB got nerfed, I'm not sure, but probably so it's not better to use it if you're gunnery. If you mean the every 6 seconds on ionic accelerator, I figure that's a burst thing, but if we get it almost guaranteed every 6 sec, for pve that MIGHT make for a easier time with ammo management since... but since it was rare for it to take 5 global cool downs to proc, I don't know. Maybe they figure people won't get PO'd when they CB a bunch and never proc so people can use other stuff in the break...like hammer shot... But I still love my assault spec

And why does GR hit harder than CB. My CB says it hits harder when compared to the GR in the talent tree, and kinetic damage (GR) is supposed to be reduced by armor, so they should not be that different, even with the reduced armor, the first hit shouldn't be much worse.

And why does GR hit harder than CB. My CB says it hits harder when compared to the GR in the talent tree, and kinetic damage (GR) is supposed to be reduced by armor, so they should not be that different, even with the reduced armor, the first hit shouldn't be much worse.

grav does more because it reduces armour, builds damage for other skills, and is tech-based rather than ranged-based, so it's not defensible or shieldable, whereas charged bolts is

attack type (tech, ranged, etc.) is separate from damage type (kinetic, energy, etc.)

Edited by oaceen

Well it would be nice to have the following thingies to buff the Commando Assault tree.

Charged Bolts to became insta cast if you could specc for it on a high tier in Assault tree.

Buff with a passive ability elemental damage by 8% or 10% ( put whatever you think it seems to be logical and not game balance breaking).

Assault trooper passive ability should also affects Plasma grenade as well.

Please make some more suggestions.

Edited by Keinhoran

What's for? Do u really think someone cares of your suggestions here? :) Don't make me laugh plz.

Assualt tree is more or less fine in firm team (usually i take the first dps line) BUT his common dps means nothing in narrow situations when u need to burst someone down fast f.e. Still i like kiting melees and AP+dots hiding healers. I dreamed about interrupt ability and some other nice skills which Vanguard has in 1.2 but....not this time.

I have my vanguard full geared too, so i can switch but i like my commando and hoped to play him in 1.2 We'll see. Most of my friends and guildies have already cancelled their sub, maybe i'll do the same if feel my class to senseless on the field.