Scatter gun with Aim... Why???

TollShaddar

Companions, dont forget the companions but saying that off the top of my head i cannot remember which uses a scattergun with aim :confused: might be risha.

Edit, why is this in suggestion forums ?

Edited by Shingara

Companions, dont forget the companions but saying that off the top of my head i cannot remember which uses a scattergun with aim :confused: might be risha.

Edit, why is this in suggestion forums ?

i don't think any companions use aim scatterguns, also i think its in suggestion forums because these useless weapons should be removed.

Also sniper rifles with aim (no companion uses them that I know off), and cunning items with defense. There are no cunning tanks either... There are some weird (read: useless) items out there... They should clean those up.

Edit: Defense can be useful for classes other than tanks, then just a cleanup on items with main stats that do not affect that class (sniper rifles with strength, or aim for example).

Edited by Raximillian

Also sniper rifles with aim (no companion uses them that I know off), and cunning items with defense. There are no cunning tanks either... There are some weird (read: useless) items out there... They should clean those up.

I don't see anything wrong with having an extra defence rating. It's not hurting anyone (because it's preventing them from being hurt).

The other ridiculous items are strange, though. I'm not sure why they exist.

Not to mention, A gunslinger/Sniper could be an effective ranged tank, or off-tank, due to the cover system. Don't deny people the chance to do what they want with their character.

Ah, that's fine. I thought the stat was useless, but if it is not, then leave it on. Then it just leaves the items with main stats are that not useful to that class (snipers with str, etc).

Not to mention, A gunslinger/Sniper could be an effective ranged tank, or off-tank, due to the cover system. Don't deny people the chance to do what they want with their character.

That doesn't make any sense. They would still be more effective with guns that used their primary stat.

Edit: My bad, I thought you were talking about Aim. No, defense could be useful.

Edited by SupremeAdmiral

I don't how any companion could even use a shotgun. You can't put them behind a enemy, and I am not even sure any of them have back blast as a ability in the first place.. Edited by RuNuB

Way way back in earlyish beta, stats used to be slightly more complicated than they are now. Instead of 1 class having just 1 primary stat that they would use, they each had their own benefits. Now, I don't know exactly what they modified, seeing as i wasnt in that early, I think cunning may have been tech damage vs ranged, idk.

But the point is that these items are probably relics of that time during that beta, since there was no particular reason to remove greens that nobody would ever use from the loot tables anyway, since it'd take a lot of time for something that doesn't really matter. Now, as for why you see shield rating or absorb on classes that cant even use shields.... that I don't know.

Edit: I may not be wholly correct on how the stats worked, but this is what I heard from someone who I asked that very same question in beta.

Edited by Taleek

Well the only other thing i can think of are companions that are not in the game yet but are coming, cos i dont see a new class anytime soon.

These items are left in the game from when stats for different classes in beta were diffferent to how they are now, simple as that.

Edited by System_TOR