The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

There seriously needs to be compensation for those of us who did not jump ship.

Ojas

Oh really? I played Aion. Try processing 14400 drenite and 9600 magical aether and 600 weapon fluxes in hopes that you just might crit enough weapons to try at the next stage of the craft, and hoping that you crit just enough of those to try the next stage, and hoping that you crit just enough of those to try the next stage, and hoping that you crit just enough to attempt the master craft, and hoping that you crit JUST ONE of those to attempt the final craft, only to find that to even attempt the final craft, you need materials that you can only acquire if your faction is working together to take the enemy forts. Yeah, I reiterate, do you want a hug? Crafting in SWTOR is heaven compared to that.

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh really? I played Aion. Try processing 14400 drenite and 9600 magical aether and 600 weapon fluxes in hopes that you just might crit enough weapons to try at the next stage of the craft, and hoping that you crit just enough of those to try the next stage, and hoping that you crit just enough of those to try the next stage, and hoping that you crit just enough to attempt the master craft, and hoping that you crit JUST ONE of those to attempt the final craft, only to find that to even attempt the final craft, you need materials that you can only acquire if your faction is working together to take the enemy forts. Yeah, I reiterate, do you want a hug? Crafting in SWTOR is heaven compared to that.

Hahaha! I share your pain. I can't remember how many GS's (drenium and balic) I failed just trying to get a blue proc. After going through that hell I have no complaints at all about the RNG in TOR. This is utter bliss compared to that.

Hahaha! I share your pain. I can't remember how many GS's (drenium and balic) I failed just trying to get a blue proc. After going through that hell I have no complaints at all about the RNG in TOR. This is utter bliss compared to that.

The only reason I had any modicum of success was because I did it in massive batches, starting with 100 attempts at the white to green. I ended up with 4 Fabled GS's and 2 Eternal, but I never got Master Carved cause I was an Asmodian on Israphail.

Edited by grfu

Lots of good arguments in this thread for why Biochem should be the only good skill and all others should continue to suck.

except that whole part about how nothing in the game REQUIRES biochem like op is attempting to state. as non biochem i have access to all of the same PERKS he does, i just have to pay for them, which i have no issue at all doing. i have been synthweaving since before launch, i have all content on farm, and have never had a situation where i had to have reusable anything.

is biochem CHEAPER, yes.

is biochem BETTER no.

except that whole part about how nothing in the game REQUIRES biochem like op is attempting to state. as non biochem i have access to all of the same PERKS he does, i just have to pay for them, which i have no issue at all doing. i have been synthweaving since before launch, i have all content on farm, and have never had a situation where i had to have reusable anything.

is biochem CHEAPER, yes.

is biochem BETTER no.

You have to be biochem to you the top level stuff. Yes, it's not easy or cheap, but they can. So you they get a good boost over any else. This will change in 1.2 I guess and that will help. Still the amount of buff you can get is far better than the gear you can crafting vs the gear you can get from a raid. The fact that biochem can then add to any gear you have makes it worth that far more.

Why do you think everyone is picking it up? Don't you think once everyone has biochem the market will be broken? Because if the other stuff isn't fixed that's what will happen.

I am done losing sleep over it......either it will be fixed in 1.2 or I will spec biochem at least on 1 raid toon to supply my guys.

The End

I'm an armormech and have made tons of credits selling RE'd epics.

If you have done ANY raiding whatsoever, you'd know that many schematics drop for armormechs that 50's can buy! In fact, I've made several million from dropped schematics from operations. Same with synthweavers.

Truthfully, yeah it's great Biochems can have that stim... but is that really what this is all about? You can buy stims and adrenals for stupid cheap.

I run a raid group that's as advanced as it gets and we've never turned down people that werent biochem - not sure where you got that from, but I lol'd.

Saying this is criminal is laughable. You're either too lazy or too stupid to figure out how to make money as a crafter. If either are the case (which I strongly suspect they are) just quit now because life is going to be really hard.

Real advice? Make some friends, and start raiding - it's not hard. Anyway artifice has the most to complain about... especially when Bioware was like "oh hai, we're just going to sell all the good crystals on a vendor instead".

Edited by Galic

You have to be biochem to you the top level stuff. Yes, it's not easy or cheap, but they can. So you they get a good boost over any else. This will change in 1.2 I guess and that will help. Still the amount of buff you can get is far better than the gear you can crafting vs the gear you can get from a raid. The fact that biochem can then add to any gear you have makes it worth that far more.

Why do you think everyone is picking it up? Don't you think once everyone has biochem the market will be broken? Because if the other stuff isn't fixed that's what will happen.

I am done losing sleep over it......either it will be fixed in 1.2 or I will spec biochem at least on 1 raid toon to supply my guys.

The End

you should do a bit more research. the tooltips are wrong on the rakata items. exotech (boe) is superior stat wise, for both stims and adrenals. the only arguable piece is the medpack, which 15% hp vs hot is a bit of a toss up, unless you are a tank. im sorry that the community is ignorant and refuses to listen, and has refused to listen since launch.

wow i got to the bottom of page 2 before i couldnt take reading any more of the same thing im gunna say, YOU MADE THE CHOICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Agreed. You made a choice and you can change your mind at any point. I agree, skills need work, but no deserves compensation over this. Stop being so entitled.