Yuun good for CM?

Onomaus

just got him and i've always used aric. thinking about switching up to melee companion. although i hear the techstaff i hard to come by. comments? thanks.

Currently the best tech staff you can get at level 50 (that I have found) is an unmodded quest blue. Aric gets to have all the nice toys so he is better for the dps role. Yuun looks cool and is usefulish while leveling but that is about it. Still prefer 4X as a CM since I do more damage with him than Aric and I do when 4X has the threat. This may change in 1.2 with all the nerfs for heals/regen/damage/efficiency...sadly.

Yuun is very good. I have used Aric most of my time pre and post 50 but just now starting to use Yuun. I have a lvl 50 un-modded purp staff, the best I could find player made. Seems he kills faster than Aric a little and believe me my Aric is geared to the teeth.

Me and my other trooper guildies all use Yuun for our DPS companion. He seems like he kills much fast, even with worse gear than Jorgan.

I have Jorgan in full T2 dps gear, and I still feel like Yuun does more with a little over half T2.

Obviously I can't say for certain. Just use who you prefer, because companion DPS will be so minimal that it's not really a problem.

As a CM I used Jorgan until 45 when I dropped 100k to get Yuun geared to see if I liked him better. Yuun is easier to micro-manage but I've noticed he's slower to respond than Jorgan is. Yuun will also bug out more easily than Jorgan will. But right now (before I get smacked with the nerfstick) I can solo elites without a companion so Yuun bugging into non combat mode isn't really a big deal.

However, if you've used Jorgan since lvl 10 he's probably maxed Affection by now. If you get Yuun out on Voss and choose responses that respect the archaeology and culture of the Voss you can get mad Affection with Yuun. Some responses can be worth up to 149 Affection.

I prefer ranged DPS because I find that melee DPS gets hurt a lot more and needs more babysitting. Plus melee DPS spends a lot of time running from mob to mob when they could be fighting.

All that said, I suspect they boosted the melee DPS up a bit to compensate for that (just conjecture) because it seems like they do a bit more damage to me.

Yuun is a beast...

This ^^^^

I loved Yuun from the first time I met him -- he jumps around like Yoda on crack and would wipe out opponents much better than Aric, M1-4X, or Vic. Up until lvl 49 or so, he was my preferred companion. I'd use Elara for 1v1 boss fights, Yuun for the rest, in part so that mob fights wouldn't take all day.

But more and more I started needing Elara in order to live through a fight, so now Yuun mostly just gets sent out on underworld and scavenging missions.

This is my first MMO, I'm a noob still trying to get the hang of this stuff, so YMMV.

... i hear the techstaff i hard to come by...

That's my experience. I spent about 100k getting a half decent tech staff from the intergalactic kiosk, and there were very few for sale at all.

Edited by SweetOldBob

This ^^^^

I loved Yuun from the first time I met him -- he jumps around like Yoda on crack and would wipe out opponents much better than Aric, M1-4X, or Vic. Up until lvl 49 or so, he was my preferred companion. I'd use Elara for 1v1 boss fights, Yuun for the rest, in part so that mob fights wouldn't take all day.

But more and more I started needing Elara in order to live through a fight, so now Yuun mostly just gets sent out on underworld and scavenging missions.

This is my first MMO, I'm a noob still trying to get the hang of this stuff, so YMMV.

That's my experience. I spent about 100k getting a half decent tech staff from the intergalactic kiosk, and there were very few for sale at all.

m1-4x and vic are tanks :p aric requires some skill handling. you gotta disable that hammer shot equivalent of his and enable only his hard hitters

Edited by Hugey