Legacy System: Payment or Legacy Level?

Legendoom

Hey all,

I've been grinding up my Legacy level to the point where I just hit 25 today. I've been hearing rumours on the forums about how you EITHER have to pay, say the million credits for the ship repair droid, OR get to legacy level 7. However, I was under the impression that we had to do both. I know forum posts aren't exactly a great source for truth, but I also think it would be unbelievably unfair to make us grind millions of credits for these things in addition to getting the experience. At the same time, I feel it might be too easy to get the stuff one way or the other (granted, it's taken leveling 3 characters to 50, 3 to 25, 3 to 16, and a half-dozen others to various levels below 16 to get this far in legacy levels, about 2 and a half months of solid play).

So, if someone could point me to a mod post or an article giving me the actual truth I'd be very appreciative.

Edited by Legendoom

How does it take so many people so many toons to get just to legacy level 15-25?

I had legacy lvl 37 just off one toon. I could have easily gotten to legacy level 50 had I cared to try. I am currently at legacy level 43 and can add a level a day w/o even trying.

I am really disappointed in what they are offering and for the prices they are releaseing it for. About 30% of what they are offering as part of the "legacy system" are things that should have been in the game as a free launch feature.

The legacy system is nothing more than a money sink that they needed to implement so as to control the economy in some form or fashion. They could have spent more time on making all of the crafting professions equally useful to take and not solve it the poor mans way by just nerfing the one worthwhile profession into the ground.

Most of the features that are even remotely intriguing aren't even coming out until patch 1.3 or later and there is no expected date for those. What did they say they want to release 1 per quarter. So another 3 months before you seen any of that, I find myself hard pressed to care to continue playing throughout the summer.

If you're purchasing the items, you need both the relevant Legacy level and a certain amount of credits. Some Legacy unlocks, though, can be earned by completing specific actions within the game. These will not generally require a credit purchase.

Additionally, some Legacy unlocks allow us to make a choice: we can purchase OR earn them, whatever we prefer.

These rumors are either wrong, or there is some dev announcement that I'm not aware of and it doesn't show in dev tracker.

Give me a sec to log into PTS... done.

Now, with unlockable things(for example - unarmed combat), you have two Requirements in tooltip - Unlock Requirements and Purchase Requirements. Unlock Requirements do not have legacy level(meaning you can unlock them even without legacy unlocked, at least that was the case while I was leveling my chars)

Purchase Requirements in all cases have required legacy level, and credits.

Classes unlocks can only be unlocked(not purchased), most of other unlocks can only be purchased(spiecies, ship improvements)

Very few things(Alignment perks, unarmed valor combat and social emotes) can be both unlocked and purchased.

Stuff you unlock with lvl50 chars like species don't cost, companions bonuses and alignment abilities. Everything else seems to cost money. What they said and what they are giving us don't match up, it's a sham. They clearly stated that almost everything requires either a high enough legacy OR credits. Now it's almost everything requires both. Ahh well, next time a new obvious exploit to get credits arises, I'll be sure to abuse it to the max without fear.

The legacy system is nothing more than a money sink that they needed to implement so as to control the economy in some form or fashion. They could have spent more time on making all of the crafting professions equally useful to take and not solve it the poor mans way by just nerfing the one worthwhile profession into the ground.

If that is true, then this is beyond insane. Who has the kind of money to spend ten million odd credits on the ship modifications alone? I don't really want to spend three weeks a character leveling different races to 50 to unlock them all, so I have to pay 45 MILLION credits just to do that? Rocket boost, quick travel, fleet pass, these all cost super-high amounts as well. If you do have to get both the level and the credits, then this IS a huge money sink, and it's probably not worth getting into, which is a real bummer, because I was excited about this.

And I don't care that there are some people out there who are market-gurus and can make a million a week. I get my money through leveling, and on a good run, I get around 250k from a level 50 at the end of their journey. About 3 weeks per 50, that means I'd have to level 20 characters to 50 just to get the market kiosk in my ship, that's over a year of leveling. It's insanity.

Or you could do the daily quests on belsavis/ilum in about an hour and get 100k+whatever you loot along the way. I did them on all my 50s today just to see the amount. I got roughly 500k. That was around 4h of gameplay. Now obviously most people don't have so many toons but still, if you do, it's not that bad. Besides, it's supposed to be a long-term goal, there is no rush to buy/unlock anything. My gripe is with the fact that you need money and legacy levels which is contrary to what was said earlier. If I'd known, I would have grinded the 10mil already, easily. I probably still can before 1.2 hits.

Credits are easy to get at 50. Like the guy above said do your dailies for 100k + (about an hour) and then all the space missions 130k+ (about an hour and a half) then craft some purple mid level stuff to sell on the trade hub for people leveling alts and you're golden. You can easily earn over 1 mil a week just horsing around. Edited by decuervo

Credits are easy to get at 50. Like the guy above said do your dailies for 100k + (about an hour) and then all the space missions 130k+ (about an hour and a half) then craft some purple mid level stuff to sell on the trade hub for people leveling alts and you're golden. You can easily earn over 1 mil a week just horsing around.

I didn't include space cause I'm incapable of completing the lvl5 ones. I sucked at star fox when I had it for my snes and I still suck at that genre. WTB SWG style actual space sim, that I can do. :p

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.