The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Are current R/E rates incorrect?

Fozziwig

I'm having trouble R/Eing some level 300ish Biochem items, and was told in chat that RE isn't working properly, and that the rates were too low and would be adjusted up (to increase the chances of success).

Is this correct, or am I just unlucky right now?

I tried crafted and, i can understand that it should take several times to learn something new, but i draw the line at 40, this is likely why crafters just don't craft for the servers' community and only craft for themselves and friends.

Low level items are easier to RE than higher level items. I've noticed a breaking point around lvl 29 and another one around lvl 37.

But they are increasing RE rates in 1.2, as well as adding a message to the item's tooltip telling you IF you can RE it and if so HOW HIGH your chances are.

For instance, level 9 items have a 20% chance to RE on PTS currently.

I have been trying to RE some vibroknives but have NEVER succeded - even in getting a blue schematic. The total numbers I have RE'd must be well into the hundreds.

Vibroknives and Scatterguns/Shotguns are bugged. They can't RE into blue/purple at the moment. This will be fixed in 1.2. Check the RE sticky or the thread in my sig.

Edited by Rhaphael

I would hold off RE'ing high level items till 1.2 hits.

I've RE'ed over 100's of 40+ level blues just to get nothing ( or just get a unwanted +presence schematic :p )

So, now I'm stockpiling the mats needed for these high level items on several Alts.

However, the low level items are RE'ing so so.

For now, I am RE'ing blues to get the purple schematics starting from the bottom of each list.

I personally don't PvP, but according to my guild-mates who do PvP a lot, it seems that low level gear scales to a level 49 gear in the 10 - 49 bracket.

So, a level 11 Purple = level 49 Purple in PvP it seems.

My Synthweave and Armormech, both of which are at max skill (400) are making butt-loads of credits on low level purples sets (level 9 thru 15 Purple gear) because I set my prices on the GMK at reasonable rates - Chest and Legs: 5k - 7k credits, Everything else: 3k - 4k credits (+1 - 2k for Augment slot item)

It's also good to advertise your low level Purple goods from time to time (saying gear scales in pvp) :)

Rates going up might actually make it harder for me to make money on the GTN.

Right now I have a purple lvl 29, blue 27 and purple 15ish that sell very well. They go for 20k, 3k, and 9k respectively, and I sell them all in a few days. With 1.2 changing rates, the value of these will go down.

Then again, I will actually be able to get higher level recipes, so it might work out in my favor. Time will tell.