Server Population is ABOUT THE SAME!

Alavastre

Well, we have threads saying that server pops are dwindling and growing, so in way to be unbiased, I would like to give you my evidence on why I think Server Populations are the same.

Every time I queue for PVP, it's about the same amount of time since I started playing. Not finding people to do Flashpoints is about the same, and ignoring people asking with help for Heroic quests is about the same as well.

Also, there is the same guy always playing on the weekend called Lolumad, who has a white light saber, and is probably the only super skinny Sith Lord to be created.

Additionally, someone who tried to post evidence that subscriptions were dropping failed to accurately read the data that was being linked to. The numbers actually depict a stable game with a very slight drop in player activity over the past 30 and 60 days.

I admittedly doubt the validity of that data, but it is what it is.

Edited by HeavensAgent

Additionally, someone who tried to post evidence that subscriptions were dropping failed to accurately read the data that was being linked to. The numbers actually depict a stable game with a very slight drop in player activity over the past 30 and 60 days.

I admittedly doubt the validity of that data, but it is what it is.

Which the very slight drop isn't unexpected for a new game.

Personally I'm struggling to see how they still have 1.7m subs with the numbers playing (and anecdotally the number I have seen leave personally - it's a 95% loss now for me)

But I'd still reckon the sub numbers must be above or around 1,000,000 (and by that I mean proper playing subs, not weekend freebies).

Although I don't think trying to pretend subs numbers are increasing actually helps anyone, sorting the game out helps, and then sub number WILL increase (Rift seems to have taken this path).

Edited by Goretzu

Subs will rise and fall, servers will rise and fall, it's just the way it is. Having played a few "failed" MMO's at launch, I don't see that happening to this game yet.

But I do think they should open up server transfers and consolidate a bit. But that just pissed people off, but if it's voluntary, then maybe it would work out.

Also, failed is a loaded term, some did, like WAR and FFXIV, but others like Aion and Rift are still around, and look to be somewhat healthy.

Personally I'm struggling to see how they still have 1.7m subs with the numbers playing (and anecdotally the number I have seen leave personally - it's a 95% loss now for me)

But I'd still reckon the sub numbers must be above or around 1,000,000 (and by that I mean proper playing subs, not weekend freebies).

Yeah, I have no idea. No one does but Bioware. This is half a joke thread, because the other threads have existed for a few weeks, so I'm offering up the theory that populations are constant.

Hello everyone!

We're going to close this thread as a number of others are being used by the community to discuss the topic of server population at the moment.

Server Population is GROWING!

Server population is dropping...

Free transfers in the future?

When will there be a "SERVER MERGE?"

Feel free to continue this discussion in one of the threads listed above!