Arsenal pvp

mattygbanga

You should ask yourself, instead, is it something you enjoy playing? If the answer is yes, don't worry about it.

There are nerfs coming to Tracer Missile, yes but it is highly unlikely it will break the class given the buffs to Heatseeker and Barrage (talent to proc Unload, our highest damaging ability).

However, you can also try out pyro for pvp, it's a bit more bursty at the price of having less sustained damage but is also more mobile and has -some- kiting utility.

I enjoy both specs and will likely switch to Pyro as of 1.2 for pvp but Arsenal will still be viable.

Keep in mind, even though Tracer is getting nerfed, almost every other dps is also getting a nerf to their burst.

Aresenal actually didn't get hit too hard. The biggest nerf was halving the damage reduction from power barrier, I feel.

Tracer missile still costs 16 heat and has an activation of 1.5s, it just does a little less damage. But you have more unloads and HSM for that.

I made a arsenal bh mainly for pvp but is it worth still leveling him. Just herd there a nerfs to our main dps ability. Or are mercenaries still viable on the other dps spec for pvp. Or is that nerfed to

Ty

Arsenal was never the pvp powerhouse, we are not getting nerfed but if you expect to TM spam you should reroll

Aresenal actually didn't get hit too hard. The biggest nerf was halving the damage reduction from power barrier, I feel.

You are the only other person I have seen comment on this. I don't, or at least I don't try to spam TM. I hit Unload every time it is up, after 1.2 my rotation will probably be:

Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload

Edited by iDubstep

You are the only other person I have seen comment on this. I don't, or at least I don't try to spam TM. I hit Unload every time it is up

I generally don't follow the forums much as it's usually loaded with junk but do people really believe the nerf to Tracer is too much? Especially when Unload and Heatseeker are getting buffs?

Tracer missile still costs 16 heat and has an activation of 1.5s, it just does a little less damage. But you have more unloads and HSM for that.

well i heard jet boost roots enemies now, lol no more jet boosting them only for them to jump back to you. well before you had to trick them with rocket punch knowback, hope they lunge to you so you can jet boost them.

I generally don't follow the forums much as it's usually loaded with junk but do people really believe the nerf to Tracer is too much? Especially when Unload and Heatseeker are getting buffs?

10% is laughable, now if it was 20-40 then yeh that would be a lot. spammers will have a hard time now.

well i heard jet boost roots enemies now, lol no more jet boosting them only for them to jump back to you. well before you had to trick them with rocket punch knowback, hope they lunge to you so you can jet boost them.

Is that new for the patch notes? As far as I am aware they just added an animation for the snare, but same slow.

10% is laughable, now if it was 20-40 then yeh that would be a lot. spammers will have a hard time now.

which was all they wanted to do i think

and the barrage ugrade is sick, more unloads (which has always been our biggest hit) + a boost to unload = win

as far as power barrier, it was rather pathetic to begin with in pvp, i will miss it when eating HM SOA lightning balls, that is about it.

Edited by Yazule

You are the only other person I have seen comment on this. I don't, or at least I don't try to spam TM. I hit Unload every time it is up, after 1.2 my rotation will probably be:

Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload > Tracer > Unload

Sorry mac, no can do. Its still limited to proc only once every 6 seconds. Which it pretty much did on average anyways. So overall this is not really a buff in the short PvP encounters at least. Procchance of 30->45% will only be noticable in long PvE encounters.

The 10% buff to demoround cant even compare to the 10% nerf to TM/GR. Demo is on a 15 sec CD, which means in that time you have to cast at least 3-4 TM/GRs. You will also crit 3% less with the gimp talented nerf to critchance. You also have to consider that TM/GR crits 55% of the time compared to demoround/FAs 40%, which means the 10% gimp will have a much larger impact on damage than you would initially think. Math in commandoforums.This equals a damagegimp overall by about 6-7% in a 15 sec rotation.

Even though gunnery isnt hit as hard as medic/assault, a 6-7% gimp to damage paired with taking 5% more damage, and also nerfing our only defense, knockback, in the process is still one of the hugest nerfes Ive seen to any class in a game to date.

Edited by Niconogood

You're definitely hurting yourself if you're trying this. Heat seeker is getting additional damage too, and even if it wasn't it should already be in your rotation, as should rail shot. A good opening rotation would be 3 tm's, UL, HS, 2 more TM's, RS, then UL, HS whenever they're off CD with only enough TM's spaced in to keep your Debuffs on and when nothing else is off CD. I only have to worry about heat in long fights usually, and Vent is all it takes. Of course you've got a lot of cool tricks for different circumstances, but for most stuff this works great. It's really not any different than before, except HS will hit a little harder and barrage will proc more often, so more unloads.

Sorry mac, no can do. Its still limited to proc only once every 6 seconds. Which it pretty much did on average anyways. So overall this is not really a buff in the short PvP encounters at least. Procchance of 30->45% will only be noticable in long PvE encounters.

The 10% buff to demoround cant even compare to the 10% nerf to TM/GR. Demo is on a 15 sec CD, which means in that time you have to cast at least 3-4 TM/GRs. You will also crit 3% less with the gimp talented nerf to critchance. You also have to consider that TM/GR crits 55% of the time compared to demoround/FAs 40%, which means the 10% gimp will have a much larger impact on damage than you would initially think. Math in commandoforums.This equals a damagegimp overall by about 6-7% in a 15 sec rotation.

Even though gunnery isnt hit as hard as medic/assault, a 6-7% gimp to damage paired with taking 5% more damage, and also nerfing our only defense, knockback, in the process is still one of the hugest nerfes Ive seen to any class in a game to date.

Ok well first of all i think one overestimates the 30% proc chance of unload right now. After 3 tms there is still a (0,7x0,7x0,7) 34% chance not to proc (reduced to 16,6% after 1.2)

so'on average' it will proc,

but 1 out of 3 times you will cast an unload with 25% less damage instead of one out of 6 times.

now concerning the 6 sec cd on barrage.

6 sec including the 3 sec of unload leave room for only 2 tms (that is without any use of hsm or railshot).

The chances right now for two tms not to proc barrage are 49% (0,7x0,7) and would be only 30% after 1.2 (0,55x0,55).

so chances are 49% that you won't be able to get the proc every 6 sec,

resulting in either a weaker unload or forcing you to spent one more tm to get the proc

Of course tm crits with 15% higher chance , but both, hsm and unload have 30% higher crit damage which more than evens that out.

and one has to remember that the 10% damage increase of hsm is multiplied with the bonus from the heat signatures resulting in 13% damage boost.

Edited by Quantemoq