BW - An After thought

Zag_Stratos

Great game and I believe 1.2 will work out nicely. However, there's one trend that BW seems to roll on and I hope they realize that some people do notice these details.

BW has a lot of "After Thought" in their development and while it's always a little detail here and there, it quickly adds up.

Take the Imperial Station versus the republic one. At first glance, it's a copy paste of each other and then you start looking at the details and realize, the imperial station was created first and a lot of time and effort was put into it. The republic one was really an after thought. The crew skill vendors have no decoration, empty tables and such while on the imp, they have a bunch of random gear lying around and such. They even have Npc walking around and little droids beeping. A few easter eggs and some cool little details.

The Cantina part on the Republic is a tone down version of the Empire one. They simply removed some of the artwork and slapped a Republic Logo.

Now where you really start noticing the last minute rush aspect of the game is on the reflections... Every reflections on the Republic Side actually mirrors what you would see on the imperial station. Best place to notice that is on the head of the little astrodroids. If you look carefully, you'll see the ceiling and corridors of the Imperial station.

The design decision in this game are mind boggling at times. No one in their right mind would want to wear the Jedi Knight PVP armor set. BW never reviewed the design, they simply blindly accepted what was thrown at them and incorporated it in their game. Ok, that's a personal opinion as some might like it.

Now, Ilum... a planet that wasn't planned in the game. (end results were unfortunate) - Still, you look at the sky and know that future planets have a huge potential. BW wanted to have to have a BF3 type of open world PVP theme. The design was rushed and placed as an after thought... I see what they wanted to do and the ideas behind were simply not well fleshed out.

Server merging... I can't believe they didn't think about it during development. Ok, so everyone is cool and patient about it because "it's complicated to implement" - So no one thought about it during all those years in development? You actually have people working on this right now? So back in the conceptual phase, no one raised a hand about that possibility?

I want this game to do good and I believe it has what it takes. I just hope that things are better planned out in the future.