I want to experience the huge game world you made but can't

Waboose

Guild Wars 2 scales people to the level of the zone.

To the OP though, I thought you said you were a 100%er? Then you ask Bioware for an incentive to complete everything? Which is it, are you a 100%er or do you want another incentive just to go back and complete everything?

Yes the sidekick/backscaling feature would be a welcome additon to the game.

The only FP I did was The Esseles and I only leveled to PvP Rank 20, while leveling up in this game and most of the time quests were green for me on my way to 50. They turned grey at some points too. I felt like I leveled up too fast in this game. I would skip whole bonus series or entire planets (outside of main planet quest and class quests) and still be a higher level than I wanted to be. If you ask me they should just give a substantial credit reward and a daily commendation for every quest you complete when you are level 50. This gives reason and purpose to go back and do the quests you missed.

I can't believe it even has to be said, but in story driven game, the reward is the story.

If it isn't then this entire game and concept of a story driven MMO has failed miserably.

Is part of an RPG not about making choices aligned to how you define your character? I dont feel my character would take on every side quest from every whiny little pissant NPC I come across.

Please don't punish me for playing the game this way. Please dont make my epic, evil sith lord need to go back to <enter prissy quest goal here> when I told the quest giver to get bent the first time.

For the 100%'ers that decide they just want to "do it all", this should be enough for you. If this is not a good enough reason, then get over it or start an(other) alt.

I get ya! And I agree whole heartedly... You want to RP a character that doesn't help the old man get his power converters cause he really doesn't care if he starves or not. Or what ever the case may be. That's fine, I'm not suggesting doing anything that forces you to feel like you have to do it. But just like with the legacy system why can't there be two ways to get your perk? You can buy species / class unlocks or earn them... So why not do the same for the social stuff in the game? You can buy it if you skip quests... Or earn it if you do them.

You actually see my point without knowing it. I want the different speeders and outfits for my silly little collection that no one sees but me and the others looking at my Mako at the PvP mailbox on the space station. But I'm forced to play like a grinder to get them... Just like you said. I'm punished if I don't grind up credits or legacy the way everyone else does. I'd rather take the 3 hours play time and go explore the planets I skipped but I won't wind up with anything cool at the end. I'll have to go queue up and PvP to earn credits or grind out dailies for the 30th time or do an FP that I don't feel like doing.

We all know there's a lot of whiners out there saying they're bored at 50. I'm not one of them. I just wish I could mix it up with some of the content that they already have in the game and still come away with something for it.

I agree with what everyone is saying about having something fresh to do with your alts. BUT, the whole class story is something fresh to do with my alts... And as you've all noted, doing your class quests and a couple other extra curricular activities will still leave you with skipped planets on an alt... And perhaps with my Alt I won't bother doing 100% but my main is the one that I want to do everything with.

I can't believe it even has to be said, but in story driven game, the reward is the story.

If it isn't then this entire game and concept of a story driven MMO has failed miserably.

I have to disagree, it's the seasoning on my burger that makes the whole game more interesting rather than a grind. I feel like I'm actually doing something rather than just reading quest objectives and doing them, the story makes it fun. But it is NOT the reward.

Otherwise I wouldn't mind doing dailies and getting my story reward over and over and over again. Same reward as yesterday but YAY! I get some story! :) New and fresh story might keep a daily quest tolerable but they haven't gotten to the point of making dynamic developing story in an MMO yet.

Edited by Waboose