The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Can Vengeance do this for me [PVP]

Dkrewe

y Well, I want a pure pvp character that can take on anyone 1v1. Meaning that there is noone that I auto-lose to just because what class they are. If I play skillfully I wanna be able to beat anyone 1v1 at least 50% of the time (assuming equal gear and equal skill).

Some say that as Vengeance that to be a dps role designed around killing targets in WZs as well as taking on anyone in 1v1, that it would be better to roll a Marauder. Then I see people like Dracosz post about doing just as much damage as an equally geared and skilled Marauder.

Keeping in mind that Carnage marauders are getting a buff in 1.2 but so are Vengeance juggs with the self heal+more damage on Ravage+ability to Viscious Throw at 30%

I know that Marauders get Cloak of Pain+Obfuscate+Blade Ward+Force Camo

Juggernauts get Blade Ward+Endure Pain+Heavy armor+ new ability with 1.2

I would like some real feedback about this before I go ahead and train my AC on my warrior as I do not want to level up another one.......did that too much on my inquisitor already and am kinda sick of Korriban.

PS- Rage spec anything is out of the question for me.....I just do not like the playstyle. I have tried it on another server.

Edited by Dkrewe

With my adventures as a vengeance jug, a tanksassin with dps gear is near unbeatable for me. I'm in full bm with some decent stats and vs the tank assassins on my server, in a test to see what it was like compared to when I rage jug vs them, the vengeance did very poorly. Now these assassins are the best on my server, sure, but as a rage jug I didnt think too much of it. As vengeance vs them I felt really lacking.

Also, healing troopers were very difficult. I cant say for sure on 1vs1 with them though as they would always have someone trying to peel me off.

If you wanna be the best 1v1 character roll an inquisitor get to level 10 pick assasin ac, around 25 respeccec madness at 40 respeccec darkness and then profit. Darkness sins have solid dmg with on demand burst with force potency force lightning w/ 3 stacks of harnessed shadows its crazy Dmg like 2k a tick so you can bust out some big time on dmg on a self heal move. Just go tank spec and wear dps gear and you ll profit

With my adventures as a vengeance jug, a tanksassin with dps gear is near unbeatable for me. I'm in full bm with some decent stats and vs the tank assassins on my server, in a test to see what it was like compared to when I rage jug vs them, the vengeance did very poorly. Now these assassins are the best on my server, sure, but as a rage jug I didnt think too much of it. As vengeance vs them I felt really lacking.

Also, healing troopers were very difficult. I cant say for sure on 1vs1 with them though as they would always have someone trying to peel me off.

You just don't know how to handle them as a Veng Jugg, Tank Assins are tougher but they go down just like everything else. It's a matter of using you CDs and CC Properly in 1v1. You have to save your CCs for Harnesed Darkness Force Lightning that's their heavy hitter and can not be interrupted with Disruption so you have to use Force Choke and Force Push , and you should be able to kill one no problem before they get a 3rd one. You want to start the fight off with Maximum rage so Saberthrow charge is Idea, however if they get you from stealth hit enrage asap. If you have the correct spec of Vengeance You'll have 5 stacks of Sunder up very quickly (3 Sundering assaults 2 after 1.2 as Saber throw will add one stack.) They really aren't that hard. Just like a good Mara they keep you on your toes.

Edited by WarSiren

y Well, I want a pure pvp character that can take on anyone 1v1. Meaning that there is noone that I auto-lose to just because what class they are. If I play skillfully I wanna be able to beat anyone 1v1 at least 50% of the time (assuming equal gear and equal skill).

Some say that as Vengeance that to be a dps role designed around killing targets in WZs as well as taking on anyone in 1v1, that it would be better to roll a Marauder. Then I see people like Dracosz post about doing just as much damage as an equally geared and skilled Marauder.

Keeping in mind that Carnage marauders are getting a buff in 1.2 but so are Vengeance juggs with the self heal+more damage on Ravage+ability to Viscious Throw at 30%

I know that Marauders get Cloak of Pain+Obfuscate+Blade Ward+Force Camo

Juggernauts get Blade Ward+Endure Pain+Heavy armor+ new ability with 1.2

I would like some real feedback about this before I go ahead and train my AC on my warrior as I do not want to level up another one.......did that too much on my inquisitor already and am kinda sick of Korriban.

PS- Rage spec anything is out of the question for me.....I just do not like the playstyle. I have tried it on another server.

I should point out that I generally don't outdps very good annih marauders (except maybe in 1v1). Overall, they do have more overall internal damage than we do which skews the numbers in their favor. That being said, I usually have at least a third of my damage manifest in the form of protection.

For instance, the best marauder I queue with usually hits 400-450k damage when we duo-queue (and have no heals -_-). I will hit around 300-340k and have ~70-100k protection which I am perfectly fine with since we've both contributed similarly to the overall team effort.

Shatter and rolling dots are crucial against both tankasins and healing troopers. Fighting the former is reliant on having all your cds up and being able to whittle them down while against the latter it's about maintaining interrupts via push, disruption, charge and choke. I find tankasins to be a tough fight, but in reality our hardest fight are assault vanguards/pyro pts, those guys are a damn pain.

Edited by Dracosz

Thanks all for the feedback. Like I said before, I want a good 1v1 class and I really like the concept of the Vengeance Jugg. I don't like being FotM and cannot stand being a tankasin (I have an assassin and only play it as deception because its the spec I find the most fun).

So....as long as a Vengeance Jugg can hold its own and at LEAST be 50-50 with any class (not counting the tank spec assassins and shadows as I know they are pretty OP in 1v1 atm) then I will be happy with the class/spec.

Thanks all for the feedback. Like I said before, I want a good 1v1 class and I really like the concept of the Vengeance Jugg. I don't like being FotM and cannot stand being a tankasin (I have an assassin and only play it as deception because its the spec I find the most fun).

So....as long as a Vengeance Jugg can hold its own and at LEAST be 50-50 with any class (not counting the tank spec assassins and shadows as I know they are pretty OP in 1v1 atm) then I will be happy with the class/spec.

You can beat tankasins. :) You're biggest worry is Pyro PTs IMO

Just to let you know, Jugg is a long road to go down. It pays off very well when you are very well geared and experienced in its playstyle. Everything before that is frustrating and a learning process.

This is just my opinion of course. I have other toons of lower assorted levels and they have a much easier feel to them. The Jugg is more complex in that there are many skills avail to you and is just a lot to digest for a beginner player.

If you feel you are a more advanced player than it can be a whole lot of fun due to how many utilities you have to deal with the various pvp scenarios.

Just to let you know, Jugg is a long road to go down. It pays off very well when you are very well geared and experienced in its playstyle. Everything before that is frustrating and a learning process.

This is just my opinion of course. I have other toons of lower assorted levels and they have a much easier feel to them. The Jugg is more complex in that there are many skills avail to you and is just a lot to digest for a beginner player.

If you feel you are a more advanced player than it can be a whole lot of fun due to how many utilities you have to deal with the various pvp scenarios.

I'll second most of this. learning curve for jugg/Mara is higher then most. Just keep that in mind. It basically means that if you find yourself frustrated, don't assume its a class issue. take a step back, a few deep breaths, and analyze the situation you were just in. then look at all the tools that we have and see if there was a better approach you could have used.

Juggs have a huge assortment of tools to use, takes awhile to fully grasp how they all can fit together. stick with it though, and you will end up with a class that you simply love to play. i have a hard time playing anything else now, my jugg(s) are simply too much fun. almost deleted it when I first started playing though. Glad i stuck it through.