Another advanced class advice thread (for solo) =)

thebigdoubleu

I know there's another recent thread asking for advice on which advanced classes to choose, but my requirements are a little different so I thought I'll start a new thread.

- Primarily solo questing, exploring.

- No intention to raid.

- Expect to do PvP. Based on my research, people seem to agree both guardian and sentinel are viable for PvP. I'll keep an eye out for the other on-going thread on this.

- Not too keen on tank spec, but am wondering if guardian tank spec is necessary for solo survivability (again, I plan on questing mainly). Frankly, I prefer to DPS.

Thanks in advance! I just started SWTOR last night, and I am having a blast. I just got to level 10 and thought I should ask for some input.

Eh, I'd say if you're able to use 10+ hotkeys in all the harder fights, go sentinel.

Yes, you really need 10+ abilities to play sentinel properly and together with your (geared) tanking or healer companion you should be able to solo H2+ at the higher lvls.

In pvp you have a few nice group buffs and nice survivability due to self-heal on dot crits & awesome cooldowns

As far as guardian concerned if you think tanking is fun or don't want to rule it out just yet, go guardian. They still can do quite some dmg and have some nice survivability as well.

And taunting in pvp = awesomeness