Combat Medic Was my saving grace for Commando

Joshrus

When I first bought this game (the day it came out). I watched all of the cinamatic trailers.

The one that impressed me was " Hope".

In this viedo the "Trooper" I call sarge leades his company into battle with the Sith. Despite not being force users, His company and him, lay the smack down onto the Sith.

This was my reason for chooseing trooper. I started playing, and tried all of the specs.

Not once did I even remotely feel as I did when I watch the video.

Gunnery- is a turret that cannot move, I dispise this. Smart players will interrupt you.

Assault- While I like the mobility, I lacked any burst damage to kill a healer or any decent player in 1 vs 1. ( I have full champion gear, eliminater and cm)

Combat medic- This was my saving grace. I feel valuable to my team, I can take a beating and still dish out heals. I enjoy ammo mangement as well.

This nerf is uncalled for. In pve and pvp more often than not the group takes damage and interrupts are used.

While I can heal one person and not run out of ammo ( This took practice). the X factor is interrupts and group damage. Once that happens it starts to be a challenge.

I feel These nerfs will have a hard impact on ammo mangement and our overall healing output.

Normally I would cancel my subscription after a nerf like this. I did the same in STO and WOW, havent played them since.

Lucky I found happiness with jedi shadow. I will try out the nerfs, but i fear my commando will collect dust.

Thats all I have to say, my two pennies.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=363853

Refer to this thread.

Trauma probe

Kolto bomb

and supercharge cells

These will have noticable affects on ammo mangement and change the way we heal. I fear that our healing will not be within 5% of the other classes, due to high ammo cost and waitng for ammo to regen.

Any cms that pay attetion to ammo (which everyone should) can see this as a major nerf.

Edited by Joshrus

While I'm not sure whether the overall outcome of the changes are going to change my healing abilities (meaning the gross heal output) then one thing is for sure, when atm I still try to use my given "healing utilities" then after the update I'll just be turreting my 3 heals and neglect everything else. Edited by Easpeak

What are they nerfing?

And btw they aren't just nerfing commandos/mercs you know ;)

Just so you understand this is the commando class board...it does not matter what is happening elsewhere in this area of the boards. I have to agree with the OP. I was having fun as a CM and the people I ran with were having more fun playing with me rather than solo qing. It wasn't that CMs are op it is that working togeather we all shined. Now I will be having less fun and playing less on this toon...this will affect the level of fun that the group I run with has. Cascading effects are felt more when healers stop playing the game.

While I have retired my Mando a couple of changes I would make ASAP to help viability would be #1 dump all alacrity #2 spec like DPS crit surge to cap then power...you are going to need bigger yet slower heals to manage ammo...with those changes your HPS will be maintained as well as possible IMO.

Think they could have nerfed the power on the abilities, but maybe the ammo management might have been a little over the top.

I say the nerf to the healing power was right because expertise scaling will now make healing in even more powerful for PvP.

Guess healers will just need to play smarter now.

Think they could have nerfed the power on the abilities, but maybe the ammo management might have been a little over the top.

I say the nerf to the healing power was right because expertise scaling will now make healing in even more powerful for PvP.

Guess healers will just need to play smarter now.

Wow got one thing right later on. They buffed classes unti they were as close to balanced as can be. And they nerfed things that were blantly overpowered. For example windfury procing off itself in vanilla wow or invunerable. Mail procs or reckoning bombs etc.

Why nerf combat medics? Most of us had to earn a spot in ops hms and pvp groups due to sages and smugglers being much more desireable. If anything we are on par or sub par. Honestly id rather see gunnery and assault fixed in my opinion cm is the only working as intended spec atm for commando and its not easy either.

When I first bought this game (the day it came out). I watched all of the cinamatic trailers.

The one that impressed me was " Hope".

In this viedo the "Trooper" I call sarge leades his company into battle with the Sith. Despite not being force users, His company and him, lay the smack down onto the Sith.

This was my reason for chooseing trooper. I started playing, and tried all of the specs.

Not once did I even remotely feel as I did when I watch the video.

Gunnery- is a turret that cannot move, I dispise this. Smart players will interrupt you.Assault- While I like the mobility, I lacked any burst damage to kill a healer or any decent player in 1 vs 1. ( I have full champion gear, eliminater and cm)

Combat medic- This was my saving grace. I feel valuable to my team, I can take a beating and still dish out heals. I enjoy ammo mangement as well.

This nerf is uncalled for. In pve and pvp more often than not the group takes damage and interrupts are used.

While I can heal one person and not run out of ammo ( This took practice). the X factor is interrupts and group damage. Once that happens it starts to be a challenge.

I feel These nerfs will have a hard impact on ammo mangement and our overall healing output.

Normally I would cancel my subscription after a nerf like this. I did the same in STO and WOW, havent played them since.

Lucky I found happiness with jedi shadow. I will try out the nerfs, but i fear my commando will collect dust.

Thats all I have to say, my two pennies.

I can say with a high level of confidence considering the underlined part of your post, that if I only die to smart players I won't be dying a lot.