Server que after disconnect- grace period plz?

Vaeli

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can deal with the queues, it is to be expected with a new and popular MMO.

But the fact that if you get disconnected and then have to wait all over again is just grossly shortsighted, it has been up many times before the game released and i would have thought a grace period was like a standard in these sort of things.

My server is far from the worst, but having to wait over an hour, only to play for 10 minutes and then getting disconnected and then getting thrown into an even bigger queue is just a slap in the face.

I really hope it is something they fix ASAP, as it really turns people off from playing the game when you spend more time in a queue than actually playing.

Other things, like looking for group. How long has WoW been implementing the LFG system that searches and fills groups across servers for instances? At least 3 years now. (One of the best advancements in MMO's yet).

Bahaha! You're so funny. The LFG tool is one of the major things that killed WoW for me. It made it so that nobody cared about the groups they were in. Then they carried that attitude to the whole community. When you spent hours putting a group together you stuck with that group no matter what and you sure as heck weren't a jerk to them. If you were you got booted and just wasted a couple hours. No LFG tool helps make a good community.

OT: There needs to be a grace period implemented asap. If my game crashes or I DC waiting another 20-30 mins is frustrating to say the least. I know I can reroll on another server but this is the server that my guild was assigned to. Leaving that server means leaving them.

Grace period is needed asap! Crashed now in queu for 3 hours great. I was assigned to this server and now i am punished for crashing and all those people joining the server our guild was assigned to. And i'm not really going to start over. Grace period and i'm happy. I can understand waiting in a queu to get in the game but not when you crash and need to get in a queu because they game failed on you. Be ashamed bioware!

The pre guild thing is the real problem here, they dumped several 500+ person guilds on the same servers, then they have a crazy que. What the real solution should be is for them to have a guild transfer program, so some guilds can volunteer to move to one of their new low population servers.

Another post from me here.

For some reason my line is a bit shaky leading to d/cs once or twice a day. The ISP are looking into it.

Until there is a 60 second dc grace timer or the queue issue is sufficiently dealt with this game becomes something of a useless extravagance for me.

I wish i could actually get in to play, all i get is a blank server list after 4 or 5 attempts to log in. Been playing since Sunday and have toons on 2 servers (one is full and the other has Standard pop - at least that's what it said the last time I actually saw a server list) On the odd occasion when I've managed to join a server I been booted after a couple of minutes.

This is very frustrating. I know it's launch day but come on open the bandwidth taps and let the paying punters actually play the game.

I know it's not my ISP or internet connection, done a speed test and have just been playing BF3 on a 64 player map with no lag or connection probs.

Hah -- Just got burned by this myself. My Comcast hiccuped and I lost internet connectivity for about 10 seconds. This caused the game to kick me off and I'm now #363 in queue to get back in.

A grace period would be oh so wonderful. For now I have to text my friends I was playing with to go ahead and fill my spot with another player.

D/C for the 7th time tonight .... and the d/c started this evening first, around 19 CET i believe. Please look into this, its makeing the game unplayable as it is atm.. que for 2 hours and the timer says 1, play 5 min , D/C , que another 2 hours for 5 min playtime more.....

COME ON !!!

During beta's and early access I never experienced lag, spikes or dc's.

Then all of a sudden last night I started to get spikes. And today, since I logged on around 17.00 I have had 6 dc's (this being the 6.th.)

I can't believe the issue is at my end, since in my logic I would have had issues in beta and early access.

Someone mentioned error code 9000, well I seem to get that.

I am just starting to get really really annoyed. (and that is actually putting in mildly)

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We have a brief update from Stephen Reid in regards to this isssue:

Finally, we are also aware of the issues some have experienced where they have been disconnected during a queue due to internet issues, and had to restart their queue once more. This is a high priority for our server team and we'll be deploying a fix as soon as possible.

You can read the post in its entirety, here: Warning on high population servers. As always, any further updates will be viewable in the Developer Tracker as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Edited by Noviru

Good Afternoon Everyone,

We have a brief update from Stephen Reid in regards to this isssue:

You can read the post in its entirety, here: Warning on high population servers. As always, any further updates will be viewable in the Developer Tracker as they become available.

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

Epic thanks.

This along with server cap raisage will alleviate most of the issues people are struggling with. (The latter already having some effect? Queue times are definitely shorter tonight.)