The Best View in SWTOR contest has returned! ×

Any Viable HYBRID SPEC?

Sliverspark

I have been messing around with a few different specs on my bounty hunter, and I am just wondering if ANY hybrid spec is viable in PvP or PvE, or the system is made such that optimal damage output will be gained when specializing in one entire skill tree?

I would REALLY like to see a dev post on this because I like using hybrid specs, but if they're completely useless, what's the point?

There's something like this for powertechs. I've probably got some points wrong, check out the BH forums (or the trooper forums, can't remember which) and search for the 'Ironfist Spec'.

Also, Snipers have a popular hybrid Eng/Leth build at the moment, though that may change with 1.2.

ultimately, for maximum (whatever ), they want you to spec to the max in each tree. Hybrid specs are certainly viable, but pending your playstyle not optimal. And based on what they are doing to the current hybrid favorite in the sorc tree, they want to discourage that.

doesn't mean you can't do it. PvE play is flexible enough that you can run with a hybrid (currently doing just that on my merc). You can do it in PvP too...you'll get marks. May not score highest on the boards, but you'll do fine.

doesn't mean you can't do it. PvE play is flexible enough that you can run with a hybrid (currently doing just that on my merc). You can do it in PvP too...you'll get marks. May not score highest on the boards, but you'll do fine.

Yeah they really try to discourage going hybrid, but I prefer it anyway. I'm using a hybrid on both my Merc and my Sniper.

In PvE I hold my own, and in PvP I generally score highest or 2nd highest damage/kills with this build. I have an extra KB on a fast CD (really great in Huttball) and less chance for interrupts when using PS/Unload in exchange for no Thermal Detonator. Works out pretty well if I do say so myself.

Edited by Rhaphael