Trouble with time cards from Origin Store?

Has anyone had trouble with purchasing a digital time card from the Origin store?

I thought I would purchase one through their store to save time from running to a local Gamestop. Instead I have a charge on my credit card hours ago and have not received a code.

I went on to the customer support chat to find out what was going on. The person explained to me my order was under review and it would take another 5 or 6 hours to process (after having already sat there for hours.)

I asked about the review because this has never happened before on any Origin purchase I have made and also asked about how/why my card was charged but they will not give me the code it was charged for. At first the person said it could be fraud (really?) or then he said sometimes people are 'randomly selected for reviews.'

So they randomly select people to have their card charged and then wait hours and then another 5-6 hour period for a review?

Of course there is no one I can speak to about this since they don't have a phone number and lets just say that the people who you can communicate with over their support chat someones have issues with a language barrier.

Bottom line is that I won't be giving them any more business and just going to the local store. Has this happened to anyone else??

Edited by TheDevilsBrigade

I had the same thing when i upgraded from beta to full copy plus game card and i also bought my gf a copy of the game and a game card but it took nearly 2 hours to get them , i thought the whole point of a digital download is that you dont have to wait but maybe im wrong i can understand there is a lot of people playing but that is a bit silly , also how can you have only limited copys of a game on digital download lol its on a server for gods sake mwahaha

Im just wondering if you bought the time card on your origin account which is also your swtor account that it hasnt infact added it to you swtor account already and will kick in when your previous subscription ends.

Normally the code is emailed to your origin account address and then you manually add it through 'My Account' on here.

At either rate even if that was different for now it didn't add on here

Has anyone had trouble with purchasing a digital time card from the Origin store?

I thought I would purchase one through their store to save time from running to a local Gamestop. Instead I have a charge on my credit card hours ago and have not received a code.

I went on to the customer support chat to find out what was going on. The person explained to me my order was under review and it would take another 5 or 6 hours to process (after having already sat there for hours.)

I asked about the review because this has never happened before on any Origin purchase I have made and also asked about how/why my card was charged but they will not give me the code it was charged for. At first the person said it could be fraud (really?) or then he said sometimes people are 'randomly selected for reviews.'

So they randomly select people to have their card charged and then wait hours and then another 5-6 hour period for a review?

Of course there is no one I can speak to about this since they don't have a phone number and lets just say that the people who you can communicate with over their support chat someones have issues with a language barrier.

Bottom line is that I won't be giving them any more business and just going to the local store. Has this happened to anyone else??

I bought a time card off origin after free month and it took me a week to actually get my time then. To be honest, my opinion is to hell with origin. I bought my last card at walmart and had 0 issues. Origin, in my humble opinion, is a horrible program and set up. Its trying to be steam and spyware at the same time and as far as comparing to steam its nowhere close. Plus I dont like companies snooping around my computer so they can advertise to me.