Raiding gear/mods to be competetive in PVP in 1.2?

VoidSpectre

I think this may be the case. Not sure but if I understand correctly only PVE gear can be reverse engineered for augments. That may mean firstly that a PVE or orange set is required, though not necessarily end game but I don't know. In order to get off pieces like ears and implants with augments they must be PVE then since PVP items can't be reverse engineered.

Also with all mods being interchangeable per same item(chest to chest) will that not mean that that in order to have the most stats per single item you have to mix the expertise mods from PVP with the end game operation mods from PVE in order to max stats.

Keep in mind this was proposed as a question because I am not sure. However, it is seeming more and more likely that if you want to have top gear stats to stay competitive for rated warzones that running top end operations is required? If so I hope they change it. Last thing many PVPers want is being FORCED to run Operations if they don't want to.

edit and possible solution: bring the same tier raiding mods down to the same tier PVP mods while inside of warzones/Ilum PvP area so that people who do raid aren't punished for using those mods and so that people who only PVP to have access to BIS PVP simply through PVP

Edited by VoidSpectre

The way I understand it is that they are buffing expertise to the point that not using pvp gear is gimping yourself.

ok. what about using the mods with expertise on them and replacing the other mods in that set with top end Operation mods? So you have expertise+most of the PVE stats.

Edited by VoidSpectre