sorc's and shock

wwkingms

anyone else feel a little jipped that our shock is so weak?

i feel being the caster class we should have at the very least the option to spec to a more powerful shock, like that of our AC bothers assassins

im looking at shock crits of 1.7k? if even

assassins looking at shock crits of 4k

something seems off here

with gcd in consideration i feel i force lightning is a much better dmg option seeing as 2 ticks will out dmg shock and take about the same amount of time

shocks i nothing but a weak filler on the run and barely out dmgs force slow lol

anyone else feel a little jipped that our shock is so weak?

i feel being the caster class we should have at the very least the option to spec to a more powerful shock, like that of our AC bothers assassins

im looking at shock crits of 1.7k? if even

assassins looking at shock crits of 4k

something seems off here

with gcd in consideration i feel i force lightning is a much better dmg option seeing as 2 ticks will out dmg shock and take about the same amount of time

shocks i nothing but a weak filler on the run and barely out dmgs force slow lol

Actually 2 ticks of force lightning out damages shock, but the 1st 2 ticks of force lightning only takes 1 second whereas shocks has cd that also wastes a GCD (1.5 second). Shock is still good on the move and talented it does about the same damage as 2 ticks of force lightning if the 2nd shock procs.

Sorcs lacking mobile damage attacks, treasure shock while you still can. You never know because BW might still nerf it so shock will be more inline as other classes auto attack which isnt far from shocks current form anyways.

Edited by warultima

Difference is that the two assassin-only spec are heavily built around shock, while sorc gets built around Force Lightning, DoTs or Chain Lightning.

But meet a Darkness assassin and his FL is probably stronger than yours with 3 HD up.

let me re word this then

TANK ASSASSINS shocking for more than twice as much as full blown dps sorcs do..

something seems wrong here

No, I dont see anything wrong.

Sorcs are designed to be a full support. Doing damage as sorcs was not part of the vision BW has for sorcs and sages. If you dont believe me please go read the patch note 1.2

Edited by warultima

Support?

Ok, I'll bite. Aside from good, heavy, actually, very heavy skill invested bubble that cannot be recasted on same target for 20 secs (right gear, -3 secs), definitely, a field changer in the right hands but let's see what else is out there.

Active skills:

Defensive Pull: Very good skill, unique skill but has to be used w/ brains (Eg: throw a bubble on a healer that gets CCed and pimaried, run to (let's call heal shrine), pull healer next to heal shrine) It also, has to counter TWO classes' offensive pulls.

Electrocute: Good skill, a bit heavy on cd.

Whirlwind: Ok skill, if heavy skill invested. But still, 2 sec lockdown, if used correctly. OK, I run for the hills, if I don't brake it. But I do want to fight?!? I'm talking about PVP, not run away like a headless chicken. Or maybe they'll just brake it themselves.

Overload: Subpar skill, somewhat skill invested, every melee class has nice RANGE skill that sometimes crits like crazy, has to be timed perfectly, considering all the elements, like lag, for it to be effective.

Jolt: Very, very broken skill. Works 20% of the time as intended. (Eg: Skills go through even when it says, "interrupted," I've seen skills not get interrupted on zero resolve, I've seen skills get interrupted but are recast instantly. Ect.)

Even if it worked right, 4 secs interrupt for 12 sec CD? Yeah right, in what universe that's a good skill when ya have to subtract the regular GCD?

Ok, ok, 6 secs, if ave skill invested. :rolleyes: But still 12 sec CD. Are ya serious?!?

Purge: Nice skill, if invested in healing. Else, very, very poor skill, unless ya get the right match up. And if ya get the right match ups, super skill, if used correctly but those match ups, seldom happen.

Lighting Storm: Very, very conditional skill, when used into a large skirmish of your melee vs their melee. It can change the tide, but very, very conditional.

Passive support skills:

Hmmm, Backlash but that is an exception that falls under "bubble" that I mentioned b4. Ok what else, I'm still thinking. Electric bindings (that falls in the 'Yeah right' category).

Hmmm, I'm still thinking..... ..... ?!? ....... !!!!!! ......................................

To conclude, let's see:

1) Bubble, 20 sec recast on same target.

2) Defensive Pull, countering TWO classes' offensive pulls.

and maybe, and that's a big maybe (4 secs worth 'maybe' w/ an insane CD) 3) Electrocute.

Yeah, so 2 ave skills maybe 3. '/sarcasm on' That's a HUGE support class. '/sarcasm off'

PS: Healing is gone, don't even try to mention that as an argument.

Edited by Scav

Eventhough our dps nerfs were not significant, the support role is what seems bioware wants us to do.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor/115/Raid_115_PTS.html

Here are the rankings of DPS from 1.2 PTS, our highest dps is still the Hybrid build, but it does around 100 dps less than best Assassin build and only around 10-15 dps more than other two assassins builds, while our other builds do from 30 to 100 dps less than worse assassins build.

Edited by Adderdin

Eventhough our dps nerfs were not significant, the support role is what seems bioware wants us to do.

http://www.simulationcraft.org/swtor/115/Raid_115_PTS.html

Here are the rankings of DPS from 1.2 PTS, our highest dps is still the Hybrid build, but it does around 100 dps less than best Assassin build and only around 10-15 dps more than other two assassins builds, while our other builds do from 30 to 100 dps less than worse assassins build.

Oh cool, a sophisticated calculator warrior. We definitely need more of those.

I would like to hear this from a Bioware employee, so I can desub with a clear mind.

Edited by Karkais

Atleast i am not whining about imaginary pvp situations.

Arguing w/ a pveer, just like arguing w/ a woman, ya can't win no matter how many true facts ya throw out there. They just keep coming back w/ insults.

Keep using your calculator vs the AI, I'll keep using my experience vs other players.

Edited by Scav

let me re word this then

TANK ASSASSINS shocking for more than twice as much as full blown dps sorcs do..

Shhh! Don't rain on my post-1.2 coping mechanism. My Dark/Mad Assasin is only level 26 so I'm just starting to build the juicy Madness part.

I remember all the beta whines from Sins about how bad their levelling experience was and since they've hardly changed since beta, I'm just scratching my head while I faceroll through stuff my Sorc had to handle carefully.

So, quit it with all the anti-Sin stuff and come over and join me :)

let me re word this then

Darkness assassin can use Recklessness when they have Energize procced to deliver a boosted crit damage on it. For the rest, they have a 40% boost to shock damage (25% Assassin passive boost, 15% from their tree) and most use chain shock builds.

Again they are built heavily around the attack, like Jug/mara can build around Smash.

Issue is Lightning-tree of the sorc doesn't give it loving at all for some reason and builds around Lightning strike, Chain lightning and thundering blast. Madness builds around DoT, as it does with the sin, safe for chain shock.

So when you decide to compare shock, which is pretty much an assassin staple, with sorc's one they obviously will come up on top.

You never know because BW might still nerf it so shock will be more inline as other classes auto attack which isnt far from shocks current form anyways. [/quiote]

Except shock still costs something like 45 force points, while autoattacks are free. In fact, for other classes, the whole point of using autoattack is to keep doing damage while you regenerate your resource pool - something sorcerors have no equivalent to.

Darkness assassin can use Recklessness when they have Energize procced to deliver a boosted crit damage on it. For the rest, they have a 40% boost to shock damage (25% Assassin passive boost, 15% from their tree) and most use chain shock builds.

A) Those effects don't stack additively.

B) It's not actually a 25% boost from their AC passive, it's only about 18.5%.

i feel we have no real mobile dps options as a sorc

out dots are terrible and weak,

crushing darkness is a 2s friggan cast without wrath..

we're force to stand still and spam lightning strike which is pitifully weak, or force lightning which is mediocre dmg, but its getting nerfed

1.2 to sorcs is "stand still, do no dmg and get stomped by pt's mara's assaisns and operatives more plz"

nerfing FL and wrath CL was a bad step, especially while not addressing the real issue which is our weak 31 pt talents.

in 1.2 .. im pretty sure a baby crys every time wrath is wasted on lightning strike..

cant wait for those 1.5k crits

A) Those effects don't stack additively.

B) It's not actually a 25% boost from their AC passive, it's only about 18.5%.

Read energize tool tip. If you pop energize (automatic critical hit on the next shock) and you also comsume a charge of recklessness, you get a 50% increase to critical damage. (http://www.torhead.com/ability/fcYWHKQ/energize)

Won't argue the number of the passive assassin training however, since I never broke them down to see if they were accurate.

Read energize tool tip. If you pop energize (automatic critical hit on the next shock) and you also comsume a charge of recklessness, you get a 50% increase to critical damage. (http://www.torhead.com/ability/fcYWHKQ/energize)

Won't argue the number of the passive assassin training however, since I never broke them down to see if they were accurate.

The effects I was referring to was Assassin Training and Electrify. The post I quoted implied they stacked additively, when in fact they stack multiplicatively (since Assassin Training simply modifies the base damage and coefficient directly. It's literally a different spell than the sorc version).

It's literally a different spell than the sorc version.

I can see that perfectly when I shock an assassin for 1100+500 then he turns around the shocks me right back for... yeaaa I dont want to insult dps sorcs anymore than I have to.