Are you happy with our set bonuses?

Shredzz

Made a thread on [suggestion box] forums,

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=3685008#post3685008

Basically a thread how the set bonuses of

• BM combat tech favors shieldtech/advanced and not pyrotech.
  • Rakata combat tech favors pyrotech and not advanced.

I personally think they should be changed to be equal for both specs.

If you agree please support it, or if im wrong and just crazy let me know why :)

No, I made a post a bit ago between Merc and PT Set Bonuses.

Ours, as PT, are terrible I feel. 4PC is decent, but 2PCs need work.

What's the point of lower explosive fuel cooldown if you use it coupled with a relic all the time negating the 15 sec decrease?

Why if I want a Rail Shot Crit Increase (which heavily benefits a PT), do I get a 2PC that does nothing?

etc etc.

Combat Tech seems to be the set for Powertechs while Eliminator is the set for Mercs. PvP combat tech set at least has a 2pc and 4pc bonus that does *something* for a pyro (even if it's not super helpful).

The PvE set bonuses for Combat Tech need to be changed since the 2pc bonus doesn't even apply to a pyro spec Powertech. All other problems with the set bonuses aside, the eliminator set bonuses can be used by ANY Merc while the powertech pyros are left out in the cold with one useless 2pc set bonus no matter which set they choose.

I posted a reply in you suggestion box post, too.

The PvE set bonuses for Combat Tech need to be changed since the 2pc bonus doesn't even apply to a pyro spec Powertech. All other problems with the set bonuses aside, the eliminator set bonuses can be used by ANY Merc while the powertech pyros are left out in the cold with one useless 2pc set bonus no matter which set they choose.

The 2-piece PvE Combat Tech does lower our Explosive Fuel CD by 15 seconds. It's just useless because of how you couple that cooldown with your relics. But it does work, and it does apply to us as Explosive Fuel is a BH skill and not exclusive to either Powertech or Mercenary.

The 4-piece bonus is awesome for Pyro. I currently PvP in 4-piece PvE gear for the 8% more damage to Rail Shot.

Edited by Sevvy

The 2-piece PvE Combat Tech does lower our Explosive Fuel CD by 15 seconds. It's just useless because of how you couple that cooldown with your relics. But it does work, and it does apply to us as Explosive Fuel is a BH skill and not exclusive to either Powertech or Mercenary.

The 4-piece bonus is awesome for Pyro. I currently PvP in 4-piece PvE gear for the 8% more damage to Rail Shot.

Ahhh crap, you're right I was confusing it with immolate since the tooltip reads "Sprays the target with fuel and ignites it into a fireball ..."

Even so, you're right, it still sucks.

I ran with the two pyrotech 2 piece bonuses for a long time because thats all i had, and Ive come to learn that the 2 piece pve is mostly useless in pvp for me anyway.

I usually pair explosive fuel with dfa, but since dfa is on a 1 min timer, it means i get no benefit from 15 seconds off of explosive fuel in pvp.

In pve however you can stagger your cooldowns to increase your total dps, explosive fuel, then adrenal, then relic means your doing about a minutes worth of high dps instead of just 15 or so seconds of awesome dps. (whats better a 5k rail shot or 2, or lots of 4.5k ones?)

And i doubt theres a tank alive that could hold aggro to a bloodthirst+relic+adrenal+explosive fuel geared pyrotech without using both taunts.

I will say the 4 piece pvp bonus kinda sucks, 15% crit to RP is nice but its not our hardest hitter and its not used very often compared to FB or even RS and isnt buffed by our tree. But I cant complain because our dps is just ridiculousness atm.

Edited by Pilige

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.