Is Sentinel for me?

WillisDrummond

This will be the 3rd character i'm leveling. I currently have a DPS Sage and Trooper. I'm looking to change it up a bit by trying out the stealth mechanics. Is the Sentinel's stealth ability as viable as the Shadow or Smuggler class? Can they bypass mobs to get to their objectives faster, in-combat stealth, etc? I have already tried a DPS Guardian to level 25 and felt the combat was rather slow and redundant (and kinda squishy imo). If this is the class to sneak in, slash 'em up and move on quickly, then i'm all in.

oh, and what tree should I be looking at? Thinking Watchman from what i've been reading.

Edited by WillisDrummond

It's a 4 second escape/survivability/threat-dump/o**** button. How can you have 2 50s and not know that?

Sentinel != stealth class

Stealth on a sentinel is almost nonexistent, also in my experience i've found the combat tree a lot more interesting, i levelled up to 42 on watchman but i constantly felt seriously underpowered.

Sentinels are the weakest leveling class, but are also among the most rewarding and powerful classes at 50, PvE or PvP.

Edited by bathrobe

It's a 4 second escape/survivability/threat-dump/o**** button. How can you have 2 50s and not know that?

Sentinel != stealth class

I didn't know that because, mmm, let's see... I never really looked into it. I saw something, and asked a question. Problem solved. Thanks for your 2 cents.

This will be the 3rd character i'm leveling. I currently have a DPS Sage and Trooper. I'm looking to change it up a bit by trying out the stealth mechanics. Is the Sentinel's stealth ability as viable as the Shadow or Smuggler class? Can they bypass mobs to get to their objectives faster, in-combat stealth, etc? I have already tried a DPS Guardian to level 25 and felt the combat was rather slow and redundant (and kinda squishy imo). If this is the class to sneak in, slash 'em up and move on quickly, then i'm all in.

oh, and what tree should I be looking at? Thinking Watchman from what i've been reading.

sentinel is a great class but it sounds like you want to play a shadow IMO

WOW!

Please allow me to clarify my original post.

I am looking to make a stealth class.

I know that Jedi Knight is NOT a stealth class.

I saw a Sentinel running through a Heroic and he was stealthed.

He had 2 sabers when he was fighting which makes him a ------> SENTINEL.

My question was...

Does the Jedi Sentinel have a viable stealth ability that is comparitive to a CONSULAR SHADOW?

The answer is, the Jedi Sentinel DOES NOT HAVE a viable stealth ability that is comparitive to a CONSULAR SHADOW.

My comprehension is just fine. How's yours?

For those that did, thanks for the help.

I can not and do not in good faith recommend to anyone that they should play a Sentinel with the Shadow/Assassin class being as strong as it is atm.

If I were you, I'd play an Assassin. You get the strongest class of the game, on the most populated side, and a different storyline than your sage.

You can mail yourself credits and gear using the Nar Shaddar GTN.

Stealth on a sentinel is almost nonexistent, also in my experience i've found the combat tree a lot more interesting, i levelled up to 42 on watchman but i constantly felt seriously underpowered.

then you where playing watchman wrong. Right now watchman is the most damaging tree right now, reason why they are buffing combat in 1.2 since right now combat sucks

I can not and do not in good faith recommend to anyone that they should play a Sentinel with the Shadow/Assassin class being as strong as it is atm.

If I were you, I'd play an Assassin. You get the strongest class of the game, on the most populated side, and a different storyline than your sage.

You can mail yourself credits and gear using the Nar Shaddar GTN.

sents do more dps then a shadwo/sin and survive longer then a shadow/sin (unless the shadow/sin is a tank spec of course)

if u want a good dps stealther then go shadow or if ur bored of the counsular storyline go scoundrel dps, the operatives kick butt, but im not sure bout scoundrels even though they're the "mirror"

Anyway, I agree with most of the previous posts that the stealth IS only 4 secs. yep :)

sents do more dps then a shadwo/sin and survive longer then a shadow/sin (unless the shadow/sin is a tank spec of course)

but sentinels do not have true stealth, and that sounds important to you.

Scoundrel/Operative and Assassin/Shadow are 'the' stealth classes.