my server is dead

Cent

The community is why there are so many servers. During launch no one wanted to get hit with a wait queue to get in a play. So the community was screaming we need more servers we need more servers. BW listened.

They added more servers so it would drop wait queues. Now that things have settled in. People are on a regular play schedule some of the servers are going light to standard.

I think the motto here is " Be careful what you wish for, you just might get it". As more regions open up I am sure we will see the servers start to pick up again. Though I am lucky and on a server that pretty much is always standard or higher.

I actually abandoned my first two characters on a dead server. A lvl 40 inquisitor and a lvl 42 warrior and chose to re-roll on a higher populated server that seemed to always be active during the times I play the game.

Best descision I have ever made. I am almost through alderaan again and soon I will be back where I started. Everyone should do this in my opinion. It makes for a much more enjoyable experience.

im also on a pretty good server, but i hope they get rid of a few as i know how frustrating it is to be on a low population server from that other mmo, i think some are hoping for a mass influx again with 1.2 and returning players but i cant see that really happening.

Don't worry. Bioware will merge servers. When 70% has quited the game. Won't be that long anymore, maybe 2 weeks. Or 3 depends on the release of 1.2 haha

I notice you're still playing.... or at least posting. How's Mechwarrior working out for you? Oh, right... still in game concept hell...

Well I play On a pvp sever,(bloodworthy) Been hard to get FP last 6 weeks, Now hard to get a pop for WZ.

I do play From 11pm till 4am. All's left to do is LVL alts. (single player)

Dont think i can, See how 1.2 does, Hopefully Bring them Back.

The two comments summed it up:

Players wanting more servers led to toooooo many servers. And now we're stuck.

I have a 50 and a few mid level alts on my original server. Rerolled on the new server...haven't turned back. I like Ajunta, but I'll keep my 50 on WitF just in case they do a server merge at which point I can bring them all over to Ajunta. I'd love for the guild that I was in to fully come over, but considering over half are very casual players...I just don't see it happening as it's a time investment into the characters they have.

I would love to tell people, "Hey...just reroll. It's easy-peasy lemon squeezy!" But when you haven't finished even one story, you play for only a few hours a week and sometimes on weekends...it can be really hard to just start all over in their minds. Don't blame those people for not wanting to really re-roll.

seen some speculation that server caps are only about 1200 total (both factions) so considering many have got their first character to 50, holidays are over, a fair few people have been playing for a while now (starting a month behind everyone else makes you a complete noob in this game lol) so can scale back how much they play. Active players tend to be settled into their guild already and many have stopped and will start after 1.2 or 1.3. But when there's a cap of 1200 or so at any one time it'll never feel really busy anyway and it wouldn't be easy to do any group content. Added to that I've heard a rumor that to alleviate some performance problems they've introduced sharding which means the most players in any one area is capped at 200. So if there are more than 200 players on in any given area, like Fleet, you won't see them, you can't see their chats and they won't be on any /who count. Other than items on the GTN they don't exist to you at that point in time. Now 200 players of all different levels at any one time all looking to do different things doesn't make it easy to get groups together, or add a lot of life. But I don't know if that's true or not. And apparently Bioware isn't too open about server caps and threshold numbers for load brackets. Or their shard system. So it's pretty much all speculation.

and McLovin' it

How is it possible servers go dead as soon as 3 months into the game?

easy

community comes to game,thinking its going to have years of content like "insert mmo they left here".community see's that the game has 3 months worth of content and whines and unsubs

Edited by CrunkShizzle

and McLovin' it

How is it possible servers go dead as soon as 3 months into the game?

Not having a LFG tool will do that to a game.

No one wants to wait two hours on the fleet to try finding a group for a flashpoint.

Good job on not implementing a LFG tool in the game.

And /who is not a LFG tool.

I do agree the "/who is not looking for group"

I'm a casual player, MAYBE an hour every other day. I'm lucky though, my two house mates both play SWTOR. So if ever really am looking for someone than I ask one of them.

I love the game, and the story; the game has a good longevity still, and I haven't even made it past lvl 29. I keep re-rolling, and until I find the right character I will not make forward progress :\

Hey guys!

seen some speculation that server caps are only about 1200 total (both factions) so considering many have got their first character to 50, holidays are over, a fair few people have been playing for a while now (starting a month behind everyone else makes you a complete noob in this game lol) so can scale back how much they play. Active players tend to be settled into their guild already and many have stopped and will start after 1.2 or 1.3. But when there's a cap of 1200 or so at any one time it'll never feel really busy anyway and it wouldn't be easy to do any group content. Added to that I've heard a rumor that to alleviate some performance problems they've introduced sharding which means the most players in any one area is capped at 200. So if there are more than 200 players on in any given area, like Fleet, you won't see them, you can't see their chats and they won't be on any /who count. Other than items on the GTN they don't exist to you at that point in time. Now 200 players of all different levels at any one time all looking to do different things doesn't make it easy to get groups together, or add a lot of life. But I don't know if that's true or not. And apparently Bioware isn't too open about server caps and threshold numbers for load brackets. Or their shard system. So it's pretty much all speculation.

They definitely set the pop caps too low. My server hit standard a few times with a population of ~350. No way is 350 people "standard".

I started playing about a week post-launch, and I never experienced queues on any server. To blame the players for the server proliferation is ridiculous. BioWare is solely responsible for their own architecture, and they need to remedy this situation.

Couple of hours play last night.

Queue for WZ all that time and just one came available, 4 ppl joined - over in 120 seconds.

Meanwhile levelling, didn't see one other player the whole time.

I don't need to pay a monthly fee for a solo game.

I'm out - hope you have fun guys.

Hello there!

As we already have several threads for discussion of the various aspects of this topic, we're closing this thread in the interest of consolidating discussions. We encourage you to join the existing discussions about server populations in the following threads:

Thanks!