Quarterly Producer Letter for Q2 2024 ×

Boost PVP until patch 1.2. I DARE YOU DEVS.

Coyotecalls

I dare the developers to tripple the XP/credit/token gains until patch 1.2! Crazy you say? Let me explain why...

Today I have been in que to play one game for an HOUR. Why? Because I'm republic and because NO ONE PVPS ANY MORE. When you get in a game it's usually over because of not enough players or you get 4-5 people on your team and the empire has a full team so they just roflstomp us.

Why? Because PVP is -not- worth it right now. If you try and level in PVP you progress half as fast, it takes twice as long to get into a match as it use too, you get ZERO dark/lightside points, ZERO companion points, you get gear only every 20 levels and you can't do ANYTHING to gather resources for when you hit level cap. You don't even get LEGACY points and that is the "Big sell" of the game.

PVP a MASSIVE waste of time.

While I was writing this post a match popped after an hour of waiting. We lost in 120 seconds. There were 5 republic and 8 empire players. I made 1433 XP, 16 comendations and 298 credits. That's how HORRIBLE PVP is right now.

The developers need to give people a reason to PVP or they just need to take PVP out of the game. At least until 1.2 comes out they need to make PVP crazy profitable and good to level in so people will play it again because if they don't they are going to lose the PVP player base. The only reason I am here is because one of my friends PAID MY MONTH and got me lunch so I would keep playing.

Your game is so bad I had to be PAID to play it. You should stop and consider the implications of this.

If you don't like an aspect of a game, don't play that. Must be a server issue though, since my highest que times during off hours was 10 minutes.

Playing republic? If you are Sith that is true of all servers because you can play against your own people. My friends unfortunately want to play pubbies.. I hate it sooo much.

But the point of the post is that I DO like PVP, the ACTUAL PVP is fun it's getting into the game which is STUPIDLY difficult. No one plays it any more. I <3 PVP. I just wish Bioware would actually SUPPORT it like they promised they would when they released the game.

In Beta PVP was fun and you could level in it very fast. You still only got credits so you missed out on MOST of the things you need to farm in order to enjoy the game but it was FUN and it was FAST and you could level in it easy. Then Blizzard.. I mean Bioware realized people where leveling in PVP and ignoreing the content so they reduced the XP and the rewards to force people back into the PVE aspects of it. I bought the game so I could level in PVP because PVP is what I enjoy. When I get to 50 I'll PVE with my friends in our guild.

I PURCHASED the game because they said that PVP leveling would be viable and fun. Then they broke that promise. Frankly if I could get my money back for the game I would take it and never look back because they LIED over and over again about PVP.

Edited by Coyotecalls

Playing republic? If you are Sith that is true of all servers because you can play against your own people. My friends unfortunately want to play pubbies.. I hate it sooo much.

Nope, I have never created an imp character. My brain cannot fathom going dark. Which is coincidently why I hate my consular companions so far. Qyzen especially, if I answer a question like a good jedi consular seer would, goes -1.

Nope, I have never created an imp character. My brain cannot fathom going dark. Which is coincidently why I hate my consular companions so far. Qyzen especially, if I answer a question like a good jedi consular seer would, goes -1.

What server are you on? I wonder if I could talk my entire guild to moving there.

I logged in to my Imp 50 and there were 12 people on the space station. I logged over to my Pubby alt and there were 5 people on the space station. Our server is a GHOST TOWN.

I dare the developers to tripple the XP/credit/token gains until patch 1.2! Crazy you say? Let me explain why...

PVP a MASSIVE waste of time.

yeah no its not if you get your valor high while your leveling and get 1000 of both commendations. 1 youll get gear faster 2 getting bm and wh will be easier and 3 you wont have to grind forever at 50.

yeah no its not if you get your valor high while your leveling and get 1000 of both commendations. 1 youll get gear faster 2 getting bm and wh will be easier and 3 you wont have to grind forever at 50.

Have you ever actually done that? I did. You can get -1- gear bag before 50 and when you hit 50 you have enough marks to get bags with tokens in them that will get you two items of gear if you get the least costly ones. Grinding 10-50 too get 2 pieces of gear is kinda stupid. You should be able to save up bags as you go and get the whole centurion starter set when you hit 50.

You should have the OPTION of grinding the tokens and getting multiple gear bags so when you hit 50 so the gap between 49 and 50 isn't so nightmarish.

People are quitting left and right because PVP is pointless. People are complaining the game is boring. People are complaining there is no end game content. People are saying they don't want to do the same story quests over and over and over to level alts. People are saying there is too much running halfway across the planet to do one quest then back to turn it in. There is just way to much busy work in SWTOR. Just let people level in PVP at the same rate as people who level in PVE. I know that the developers want to punish PVP players for some reason but we are not going to continue paying you if you don't stop bending us over the table. If I wanted to be abused by a group of computer nerds I would troll 4chan.

Here is your solution, nice and simple.

Make a character on a PVP server! Problem solved!

Not really. If a server is dead, doesnt help its a pvp server or not.

Sadly, server merges/transfer are too delicate issue for devs to comment so people on low population servers get the shaft every day until they get bored enough to reroll to a full server to cause more problems there or unsub.

i agree with this to a point. every pvp match i play with republic i seem to lose, horrifically. and queuing can take ****en ages. but i no thats beacause im on a real low population server. next time im goin on an ultra high server man

People are quitting left and right because PVP is pointless. People are complaining the game is boring. People are complaining there is no end game content. People are saying they don't want to do the same story quests over and over and over to level alts. People are saying there is too much running halfway across the planet to do one quest then back to turn it in. There is just way to much busy work in SWTOR. Just let people level in PVP at the same rate as people who level in PVE. I know that the developers want to punish PVP players for some reason but we are not going to continue paying you if you don't stop bending us over the table. If I wanted to be abused by a group of computer nerds I would troll 4chan.

And most people came from WoW and can't stop the comparison between WoW today and SWTOR.

How old is this game? Of course there is limited endgame and it is repeadetive, because it is still very young and by comparison, I would rather pay and play this, than WoW when it had only 3 months behind it.

Those leaving because PVP is pointless or because they don't want to do the same quests over and over again, those players should just go back to WoW and repeat the same endgame that is currently the "big thing" there. Just like reapting EV or KP here.

About running half across a planet to kill this or talk to him and all the way back again. Do remember that there are 5 quests along teh way, but you don't want to pick them up since you just want your class done and on to FPs or PVP.

Nerd abuse is a common incident and more people are going to court of "nerd abuse"

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.