Marking Healers

Minkypuss

Let's say they did get rid of it. I would hope you don't try rated because you can bet even if you can't mark a healer then people will be calling your name and you will still be focus fired. So the difference is a graphic on the screen or someone calling your name. You are ok with someone calling your name, but a graphic is crossing the line?

Without marking....

Player 1:

Hey Bob, Nakazia is by me.

Player 2:

Oh really, everyone Nakazia is by Player 1. Move to kill.

Nakazia:

/dead

With Marking...

Player 1:

Nakazia is a healer please mark them.

Player 2:

Nakazia has been marked.

Nakazia:

/dead

Difference is a graphic. That is all.

Since everybody looks the same, it's harder to find the target without mark.

IF someone is marked it's fast and easy.

I usually need to use tab or mouse to find my target, with a mark on i don't have to find it, i know where he/she is instantly.

Big difference, only a nab would say otherwise.

I'd actually like to see all player healing removed from pvp and move it all to med packs and stims usable by everyone. Healing in PVP is too overpowered and honestly it's not fun to battle with somebody for 30 seconds only to watch their health go back up when you're about to win.

And all DPS should come from player crafted grenades and use abilities on PvP only gear.....

And all Defensive abilities should only come from PvP armor....

Hear what you are saying yet?

How do you know that the Opfor hasn't put in /ops chat "Kill MINKY the healer"?

Believe it or not, some pugs have 2-3 peeps who que together, and are not as brain dead as other pugs. Just because you get focused due to someone seeing a green cast bar, or has seen you multiple times =/= marking. On the flip side, many times I have seen healers marked, and not a single person focuses them. Welcome to healing 101.

There is a difference from a large certical flag that makes you easy to track and saying go get X.

Getting gang tackled by people that put the effort into spotting the healer and assist is fine and acceptable.

Having the flag above your head is different. There is no dropping your CC and losing yourself in the clump to relocate to another out of the obvious view location. And when players who can't leap leave your CC and Bee line for you 100% of the time after taking evasive maneuvers you know you've been marked. Leapers they are already a natural counter to evasive action and have the right skils to go interupt/disrupt city on healers as well.

It simply removes what was a fun part of pvp healing knowing how to position and reposition well and makes it a valueless player skill.

The real issue is that whole teams are allowed to be marked. Knowing at all times where the whole enemy team is without even having sight is insanely broken in hutball. As for marking healers i have no problem.

Also my favorite is when someone marks me with "republic/imperial targeting device" because the marked person can just remove that debuff and the mark disappears.

I get marked all the time, and I love it !! Always leaad off a WZ with a AoE heal !!

Once I'm marked- every hit that lands on me- is a hit that didn't hit my team. And I never get LOSed when healing myself. Moreover, I can lead 2 or more enemy players at a time away from the objective, and my team gets to cap. It's not just about laying down the big heals. The bubble is the best heal for WZ. If all you're worried about is farming a 250k heal medal, you're missing out on a lot of fun. Usually my team caps or makes a goal- and I'm nowhere near them when it happens. But a lot of enemy players are all over me- like killing me is the objective of the WZ. Sure my scores look rough, but the win is good. And people who PvP with me know what I do and I still get MVP votes.

Half the time I get a target marker on me, the other team can't even see more than my name tag & the target marker anyway. I've healed a small chunk of team, backed into a corner while the entire oposing team tried to kill us, over and over. Meanwhile, the other half of my team capped objectives, and made 6 goals without any real oposition.

And if someone is trying to grief me, well they're just doing exactly what I wanted them to do.....

The only thing I agree upon is that when marked and the target dies the mark needs to be removed, allowing to be constantly marked even during death makes it quite annoying.

Basically this. Leave marking in the game, but tweak it a little so it doesn't make the game absurdly easy for every no brain dps. Have it removed on death and limit its range so that people can't see you coming from a mile away even when you are out of LOS.